[Support] Linuxserver.io - Radarr

17 hours ago, Squid said:

18-5-13 09:27:01.4|Error|DownloadedMovieImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /mnt/user/downloads/complete/black panther 2018 1080p bluray x264 1-sparks/

Odds on, the problem is this: https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2#comment-566086

Ok, so it sounds like i need it like this ?

sabnzbd      /config              /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd

Radarr        /config               /mnt/cache/appdata/radarr

/downloads    /mnt/cache/appdata/downloads/completed/

My appdata folder resides on cache drive and set to cache only and so is my /downloads folder,. Within sabnzb it is set to download to /downloads/incomplete and when finished, move it to downloads/complete. is this correct ?

17 hours ago, Squid said:

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Right now sab isn't putting the downloads anywhere according to the mappings.

Or out another way, you set up the mappings except for /config identically on all containers that talk to sab

am I missing something here?....

I attached snippets of settings. Sab is being instructed to move finished downloads to /downloads/completed and radar downloads is pointing to downloads/completed.

radarr.JPG

sab1.JPG

sab2.JPG

27 minutes ago, loady said:

am I missing something here?....

I attached snippets of settings. Sab is being instructed to move finished downloads to /downloads/completed and radar downloads is pointing to downloads/completed.

radarr.JPG

sab1.JPG

sab2.JPG

Yes, you are missing the understanding of how docker and volume mounts work. 

You have used the unraid path in the app setting. You must use the container path. It says it clearly in the screenshot which is the container path. 

4 minutes ago, saarg said:

Yes, you are missing the understanding of how docker and volume mounts work. 

You have used the unraid path in the app setting. You must use the container path. It says it clearly in the screenshot which is the container path. 

I'm lost :(

26 minutes ago, loady said:

I'm lost :(

Docker template:

Container path: /downloads = /mnt/cache/downloads/

In Sab:

Incompleted folder = /downloads/incomplete

Completed folder = /downloads/completed

Thats all you need as you have mapped the volume directly to /mnt/cache/downloads/ in the docker template. So once its mapped you don't specify the full path in Sab config as this would be the wrong path, Sab wouldn't see it. What Sab can see will be starting from /mnt/cache/downloads/ and thats all it can see except files within this folder if any. 

The only problem with this is your downloads folder is on cache. I personally have NZBget use a script to send a post-processing request back to Medusa to move my completed downloads to /mnt/user/TV Shows for example, this path excludes cache drive and only uses data disks.

EDIT: Sorry I made tons of edits so please read over this again, should be correct now.

Edited by witalit

Or put another way, you telling SAB to put the downloads into /mnt/user/downloads, what you are effectively doing is storing the files within the docker.img file since you're not referencing /downloads.  Think of containers as an independent system, and they only have access to the files / folders that you explicitly give them access to via additional path mappings.

right...im going to build from the ground up....

Proper way to set up the mappings:

App Name Container Volume Host Volume
nzbGet /config /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbget
  /downloads /mnt/cache/appdata/downloads
sonarr /config /mnt/cache/appdata/sonarr
  /downloads /mnt/cache/appdata/downloads

Tell nzbget to store the files in /downloads/completed, and sonarr will be able to find and import the files because both the host and container volume paths match.

TLDR:  Trust me the above works.

Using the above, just a quick question, i dont physically write /cache/ part of my mappings, this appdata was originally written as /mnt/user/appdata and then set to cache only, if i were to write it as /mnt/cache/appdata, would i get to the same place ? essentially is /mnt/user/appdata (set to cache only) the same as /mnt/cache/appdata.

Thinking about it, i think this is where my confusion is emanating from.

Edited by loady
i think im getting there....so if in sab docker template i set a host for downloads and call it /kissmyballs, then this folder will appear as a folder in sab for me to browse to for the downloads
Yes, but you'd also need to map your balls into Sonarr/Radarr so they could kiss them too. Otherwise they'd never find them.
  • Like 1

now its completly fucked up...set a film to download in radarr and sab has downloaded...saying it is at 

Path
/config/Downloads/complete/Game.Night.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS/d1022548832541d9af475869a0a21f0a.mkv

can find it...i never told it to put there ffs

EDIT: found it...its now in /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete

i made a fiolder in /mnt/cache/appdata/downloads and its not gone there.

I want mt download folder to be /mnt/cache/downloads (for whilst downloading) and /mnt/cache/downloads/complete (for when sab has finished unpacking etc....then i want radarr to see it and move it to /mnt/user/movies/radarr

why is it so bloody cryptic !!!
Edited by loady

Why are you using Sab and NZBget? Just use NZBget I moved from Sab to this and find it a lot better. 

Try to use /mnt/user/

Instead of directly to cache. Then set the share to use cache only, this may just make you even more confused though :-).