[Support] Linuxserver.io - Radarr

Hi all,

wondering if anyone could help me, I'm using unassigned drive for my downloads, used to use some old samsung drive. Now I have a new drive with Downloads share. I've managed to change the paths in all other dockers but for some reason Radarr refuses to do it. 

I'm trying to change: 

Container Path: /downloads

to: /mnt/disks/Downloads/

Doesn't matter how I do it, Edit, typing it in manually... it won't change. Even tried to remove the docker and add it again from template, still won't change the path. Tried to stop the docker and changing it to no effect, as soon as I get back to UpdateContainer it still showing the old path. Any ideas? 

2018-12-11 16_36_43-Tower_UpdateContainer.png

2018-12-11 16_36_58-Tower_UpdateContainer.png

2018-12-11 16_37_11-Tower_UpdateContainer.png

2018-12-11 16_40_16-Tower_UpdateContainer.png

Edited by ChapeL79
20 minutes ago, Gog said:

I think your new destination should be /mnt/user/Downloads/

Thank you for the reply, this is how I have it in every other docker and that's what appears in dropdown menu. I don't have /mnt/user/Downloads/  I have /mnt/disks/Downloads/ and that's what Unassigned Devices is mounting. Regardless path is not a problem, docker not saving given path is a problem. Also for some reason when I click on the path it still shows my old Samsung drive which is no longer in the system and has since been removed from unraid.

2018-12-11 17_24_31-Tower_UpdateContainer.png

2018-12-11 17_32_31-Tower_Main.png

Edited by ChapeL79

I didn't notice it was an unassigned device...

So you change the setting, radarr starts (I see /mnt/disks/Downloads in the docker start screenshot) But when you update the container, it reverts back to the old drive?

Have you tried to remove the container and re-add it?

Just now, Gog said:

I didn't notice it was an unassigned device...

So you change the setting, radarr starts (I see /mnt/disks/Downloads in the docker start screenshot) But when you update the container, it reverts back to the old drive?

Have you tried to remove the container and re-add it?

Yes this is exactly what happens, I change the path, click Apply. When I go back to it it still showing Samsung, not a new path. Tried to remove the docker and add it from template, same thing. One more thing to do is to add it completely fresh but I'm worried about Radarr not keeping it's settings. I can backup the settings and database within the app but was trying to avoid that. Do you think that's my only option?

6 minutes ago, Gog said:

You have a screenshot with your variables, just delete the container, delete the template and add from the apps menu.

Ok what I've done was:

1) Deleted the container

2) Deleted all files in radarr config folder

3) Used COMMUNITY APPLICATIONS to add Radarr 

4) Filled all path exactly the way I wanted (/downloads to /mnt/disks/Downloads/)

5) Clicked Apply

when I go back to Update Container.... Container Path: /downloads is showing /mnt/disks/SAMSUNG_HD203WI_S1UYJ1BZ300571/

Grrr, help :/

3 minutes ago, ChapeL79 said:

Ok what I've done was:

1) Deleted the container

2) Deleted all files in radarr config folder

3) Used COMMUNITY APPLICATIONS to add Radarr 

4) Filled all path exactly the way I wanted (/downloads to /mnt/disks/Downloads/)

5) Clicked Apply

when I go back to Update Container.... Container Path: /downloads is showing /mnt/disks/SAMSUNG_HD203WI_S1UYJ1BZ300571/

Grrr, help :/

I did not mean to delete the radarr config folder.  You said you have a backup, good thing because you'll need it!

I meant to delete the radarr template.  so in the docker page, delete the radarr container, add new container, select the radarr template and click on the red round X.  That will delete the template.  hopefully, that is where the drive definition is saved.

Edited by Gog
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Gog said:

I did not mean to delete the radarr config folder.  You said you have a backup, good thing because you'll need it!

I meant to delete the radarr template.  so in the docker page, delete the radarr container, add new container, select the radarr template and click on the red round X.  That will delete the template.  hopefully, that is where the ild drive definition is saved.

I did have a backup of that folder plus done the backup within the app itself. Done what you've said and... it worked :) Thank you so much, never knew how to delete that template. Lesson learned, again thank you very much for your help !!!!

Edited by ChapeL79
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running into this and I believe it is causing some movies to be constantly missing, even though they are local to the box where radarr lives:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /home/hd3/manofcolombia/torrents/data/The.Butterfly.Effect.2004.DC.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG

My workflow goes like this:

Ombi -> radarr -> deluge on seedbox -> filebot on seedbox renames and moves to movies folder on seedbox -> davos sftp seedbox movie folder to on prem movie folder -> Plex scans and imports. 

The above file path is the file path is the path for deluge downloads on the seedbox so I assume deluge is sending back the path.

How do I go about handling this without leaving a ton of data on the seedbox, and without being able to mount the seedbox path into the radarr container on prem.

Hey guys, 

This seems to be causing my system to hang - took me a while to peg it onto radarr, but ever since I left the docker off, my unraid has been stable again. There are also some other posts online also with issues with radarr. 

Anyone managed to fix this? I don't use radarr a whole heap but it does come in handy..

Hey guys, 

This seems to be causing my system to hang - took me a while to peg it onto radarr, but ever since I left the docker off, my unraid has been stable again. There are also some other posts online also with issues with radarr. 

Anyone managed to fix this? I don't use radarr a whole heap but it does come in handy..

I had system hangs with this as well. It was from mono running away with my ram. In the end I limited the ram to this docker to just 1GB.
  • Like 1

Hi guys not sure if am doing something wrong however when I try to use the symlink scripted provided on the Radarr wiki it will not work, manually creating symbolic links works inside and outside the container only if the exact same dir is used. If I create a symlink in another dir then it will show inside the container but not on my filesystem, any ideas?

I have stuff download to /data/Media/tmp with /data/Media/Movies being the proper path.

v00Vxvi.png

Edited by user457453944

I'm having issue with Radarr, not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'll do it anyways 😜

I use Radarr with Deluge and it works fine but no movies are added to "Activity" during download, even though it finds whatever movie im looking for, grabs it and send me a pushover notification. When the download is completed it does the post-processing aswell but it's never listed in the Activity tab..

I have Sonarr running aswell, setup exactly the same and its working fine. Tried searching for an answer for a couple of hours but didn't find one, hoping someone here can help me. Any ideas what's wrong?

Edit: It's working today. I did nothing special except from updating to 6.6.6, stopping my array and restarting the server. Restarts had been done before and did not solve the issue but now everything's fine so im happy :)

Edited by Ziwehox
Updates
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 11:43 PM, Squid said:

Hardlinks and by extension renames cannot traverse different file systems or mount points. You're moving from /downloads to /movies which in the container are different mounts so it will always to a copy delete instead of a renames and a hardlinks is also impossible. To do what you want you have to redo your templates for all the apps (radarr and download client) to instead pass through ,/mnt/user and reference all the folders in the app settings based upon that.

I just started playing with radarr, and have everything working ok-enough... except for imports.  My radarr is also copying files rather than moving them and can't figure out why.  Everything is mapped on the same share so it "shouldn't" be an issue of mount points.  And, the mounts are essentially the same as they are with sonarr, which works perfectly ok.  I've tried toggling the use hardlinks setting in radarr with no difference.  

What am I missing here?

Untitled.jpg.a3a1e5fb8ea46d86e428cb12dc2f93b2.jpg

Also, any ideas on why radarr is not detecting some movie files and keeps them as missing?  The files are there but they are not scanned.

Edited by Energen
1 hour ago, Energen said:

My radarr is also copying files rather than moving them and can't figure out why

Because you've got it trying to hardlink from /downloads to /movies, which are different mount points within the container.  Doesn't matter that they are both on the same share

58 minutes ago, Squid said:

Because you've got it trying to hardlink from /downloads to /movies, which are different mount points within the container.  Doesn't matter that they are both on the same share

Ah I see, so if I set them both to /mnt/user or /mnt/user/Media, as previously mentioned, that would be considered the same mount points?

Doing that quickly then makes my movie file paths /movies/Movies/<name>?  So when I change the existing movie file path it doesn't register the existing file.  All in all it seems to break everything.  

If sonarr works fine, why does radarr work so poorly?  The radarr devs shouldn't make such drastic changes to simple things.

Not sure where to go from here, maybe start over completely.

----------------

Edit -- this completely makes no sense to me.  Maybe that's my problem, but why is this so complicated?

If I change radarr's /movies path to /mnt/user/Media/Movies the movie path is correct in radarr... but even though the media file is there it's not detected, says missing.  Also, with this mapping (and no /downloads) I can't import from any other folder.

If I map a /downloads and a /movies then it copies files instead of moving them quickly.

What is the proper way to configure this?  No way seems to be the correct way.

Edited by Energen
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 7:47 AM, Gog said:

Good morning @Meller

Are you sure there is no typo or different case letters in Movies?

Can you try "ls -al /mnt/user/MediaPlex" and copy the output here?

What is the save path within radarr?

I'm way late on my reply, but I finally have time to start working on this again.  Anyways, I what you said and got this:

ls -al /mnt/user/MediaPlex
total 24
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   28 May 21  2018 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   72 Feb 19 11:29 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   92 Sep 14 01:23 4K\ TV\ Shows/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 4096 Jan 26 18:02 4k\ Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  255 Aug  6  2018 Anime/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 4096 Feb 11 11:24 Anime\ Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  258 Feb 17 16:02 Kids\ Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   80 Feb 19 09:06 Movies/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   28 Jan  6 20:23 TV\ Shows/

The save path for /media is /mnt/user/MediaPlex/Movies

On 2/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, Energen said:

If I map a /downloads and a /movies then it copies files instead of moving them quickly.

What is the proper way to configure this?  No way seems to be the correct way.

My opinion is don't worry about it.  It's all "computer time", not "your time", and if you've just spent an hour or so downloading a bluray, does another 2 minutes really matter before its available to watch?

Hi I've tried to understand the linking of paths between containers and I think I have setup the config correctly but I still get the same problem when renaming and moving a file:

Downloaded MovieImportService: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /config/Downloads/complete/<Movie Name> 

I realize /config is different for each container (which is my problem) so can someone please help point me how to change that so Radarr (and Sonarr same problem) can find the download and move it. 

image.thumb.png.5d207cd942a39856bfb2c10631c0caad.png

image.thumb.png.72b6f6310a45ea7491a8ffc420b77a95.png

image.thumb.png.9c8dfab5ebe0c5a33a582979085bc4c3.png

image.png

26 minutes ago, vdsilva said:

Hi I've tried to understand the linking of paths between containers and I think I have setup the config correctly but I still get the same problem when renaming and moving a file:

Downloaded MovieImportService: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /config/Downloads/complete/<Movie Name> 

I realize /config is different for each container (which is my problem) so can someone please help point me how to change that so Radarr (and Sonarr same problem) can find the download and move it. 

image.thumb.png.5d207cd942a39856bfb2c10631c0caad.png

image.thumb.png.72b6f6310a45ea7491a8ffc420b77a95.png

image.thumb.png.9c8dfab5ebe0c5a33a582979085bc4c3.png

image.png

Sab is currently saving the files into /config not /downloads.  Probably in the paths section of Sab's UI, you're telling it to save it to downloads not /downloads (IIRC, sab has a message that says that all folders are relative based on its home folder.  To set a non-relative folder you need the leading slash)

Has anyone had any stability issues with radarr lately? I can upgrade sonarr all day long and it's never broken. But I'm scared to upgrade radarr. Something goes wrong and it just gives me a white screen. And if I don't upgrade it, it eventually breaks anyways and I have to redo it all. I understand it's under development and things go wonky sometimes. But I'm on my 5th re-install. There are only a couple versions of radarr in the store. Which one is the most stable?

1 hour ago, lowbiker said:

Has anyone had any stability issues with radarr lately? I can upgrade sonarr all day long and it's never broken. But I'm scared to upgrade radarr. Something goes wrong and it just gives me a white screen. And if I don't upgrade it, it eventually breaks anyways and I have to redo it all. I understand it's under development and things go wonky sometimes. But I'm on my 5th re-install. There are only a couple versions of radarr in the store. Which one is the most stable?

I have never had any issues with radarr (or nzbget / sonarr for that matter).  System automatically updates every Friday to LSIO's latest image.  Curious about one thing though (wild guess of a theory).  When you go to the docker tab does it show Advanced View or Basic View.  Try switching it to Basic View and then see if you get better longevity out of the containers.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

I have never had any issues with radarr (or nzbget / sonarr for that matter).  System automatically updates every Friday to LSIO's latest image.  Curious about one thing though (wild guess of a theory).  When you go to the docker tab does it show Advanced View or Basic View.  Try switching it to Basic View and then see if you get better longevity out of the containers.

Both the docker tab and the radarr page are both on basic view. I'm running 14 other dockers that all upgrade fine. The only other one I've had to reinstall is Unifi-Video but if i leave it, then it doesn't barf on itself