[Support] Linuxserver.io - Radarr

Hello everyone!  I am hoping someone here would be able to help me out with an issue I'm having.  My goal is to send all indexer/downloader traffic through my PIA VPN.  I have installed and configured binhex's sabnzbdvpn container and I can confirm that downloader traffic is traversing the VPN by running the following command in the docker container console:

curl ipinfo.io/ip - This returns my VPN IP

I was also able to proxy traffic on one of my local pc's through this container so I'm confident that the sabnzbdvpn container is working properly.  

However, when following spaceinvader's youtube video instructions to configure sonarr/radarr through the GUI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MNqonB86ec), it doesn't look like sonarr/radarr traffic is traversing the VPN as the same curl command is returning my home WAN IP.  Any ideas on why this is happening?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just updated radarr and i now get this error and can't get to the web GUI:

Info] Bootstrap: Starting Radarr - /opt/radarr/Radarr.exe - Version 0.2.0.1358
[Info] AppFolderInfo: Data directory is being overridden to [/config]

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

[v0.2.0.1358] NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.InvalidConfigFileException: /config/config.xml is empty. Please delete the config file and Radarr will recreate it.
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.LoadConfigFile () [0x0003c] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:321
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<GetValue>b__0 () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:227
at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func`1[TResult] function, System.Nullable`1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.GetValue (System.String key, System.Object defaultValue, System.Boolean persist) [0x00022] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:225
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.get_LogLevel () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:181
at NzbDrone.Core.Instrumentation.ReconfigureLogging.Reconfigure () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Instrumentation\ReconfigureLogging.cs:22
at Radarr.Host.Bootstrap.Start (Radarr.Host.ApplicationModes applicationModes, NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:61
at Radarr.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, Radarr.Host.IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1[T] startCallback) [0x00075] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:39
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00029] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:35

Press enter to exit...

Any ideas how to fix this? 

4 minutes ago, nyteghost said:

All 3 dockers i have from linuxserver keep saying there is an update available but when i update, there is nothing, and then if i run check for updates again. It says update available again. Any ideas?

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/dockers-wanting-to-update-but-dont-in-the-end-r618/

TLDR: Update to 6.8 or install the Auto Update plugin to patch the OS for this

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 3:34 AM, noisegate said:

Just updated radarr and i now get this error and can't get to the web GUI:

Info] Bootstrap: Starting Radarr - /opt/radarr/Radarr.exe - Version 0.2.0.1358

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

[v0.2.0.1358] NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.InvalidConfigFileException: /config/config.xml is empty. Please delete the config file and Radarr will recreate it.
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.LoadConfigFile () [0x0003c] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:321
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<GetValue>b__0 () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:227
at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1[T].Get (System.String key, System.Func`1[TResult] function, System.Nullable`1[T] lifeTime) [0x0006a] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:81
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.GetValue (System.String key, System.Object defaultValue, System.Boolean persist) [0x00022] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:225
at NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.ConfigFileProvider.get_LogLevel () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Configuration\ConfigFileProvider.cs:181
at NzbDrone.Core.Instrumentation.ReconfigureLogging.Reconfigure () [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\Instrumentation\ReconfigureLogging.cs:22
at Radarr.Host.Bootstrap.Start (Radarr.Host.ApplicationModes applicationModes, NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:61
at Radarr.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, Radarr.Host.IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1[T] startCallback) [0x00075] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:39
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00029] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Console\ConsoleApp.cs:35

Press enter to exit...

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm experiencing the same thing after an update this morning.

Appdata is pointed at /mnt/cache/appdata/radarr

19-12-16 20:41:47.5|Info|Bootstrap|Starting Radarr - /opt/radarr/Radarr.exe - Version 0.2.0.1450
19-12-16 20:41:48.3|Info|AppFolderInfo|Data directory is being overridden to [/config]
19-12-16 20:41:48.4|Fatal|ConsoleApp|EPIC FAIL!

[v0.2.0.1450] NzbDrone.Core.Configuration.InvalidConfigFileException: /config/config.xml is empty. Please delete the config file and Radarr will recreate it.

Edited by smakdafrog

I'm new to Radarr and trying to figure out the point of it.

I wanted to use Radarr to automatically fetch movies from a rss source, what i don't want radarr to do is to fill my usb memory with fan art and various other garbage.

What is the point of Radarr having fan art? All i want it radarr to fetch movies via rss and send them a torrent client, and then just keep track of what has been downloaded, i do not ever want to visit the radar webui after i've set it up. All the movie/art work etc is automatically done by my emby server when it sees theres a new movie in the folder.

Radarr seems to be storing data in its appdata location, i made it download 50 movies and it was storing fan art and posters and all kinds of stuff in the /config/appdata/radarr/* path, this is horrible as it writes to the usb memory which is not good in the long run.

TLDR: how can i use radarr to only fetch movies and not do anything with fanart/posters and stuff? I want radarr to be very simple tool to fetch rss and send on to torrent client? Is radarr the wrong choice for me? What should i be looking for instead?

Edited by je82
1 hour ago, je82 said:

Radarr seems to be storing data in its appdata location, i made it download 50 movies and it was storing fan art and posters and all kinds of stuff in the /config/appdata/radarr/* path, this is horrible as it writes to the usb memory which is not good in the long run.

Radar is always going to download it's own art for its own use on its own GUI.  Not much you can do about that.

But, why are you (apparently) storing appdata onto a flash drive.  Extremely Bad idea for any app (not just radarr).

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Radar is always going to download it's own art for its own use on its own GUI.  Not much you can do about that.

But, why are you (apparently) storing appdata onto a flash drive.  Extremely Bad idea for any app (not just radarr).

Sorry, i ment to say store on cache (SSD) but it wasting my space.

Am i missing what the point of radarr is? I was under the asumption Radarr would be a "configure and set" sort of thing where i would never ever visit the webui of it again once it was setup, it would sit there and scan the specified rss feeds using the specified critera i set. But for some reason radarr is building its own pretty library of movies, when i already have a system that does that for me + allows me to watch the actual movies as well!

I guess i am confused what radarr is, i do not see the point of it bloating up the cache with fan art :/

7 minutes ago, je82 said:

bloating up the cache with fan art

it is what it is...

9 minutes ago, je82 said:

but it wasting my space.

In this day and age, the absolute last thing that any given developer of any given software for any random OS worries about is it's storage space consumption.  

You're using Radarr correctly and for what it's designed for, but what you want is a feature req (or a larger cache drive), but if you want its behaviour to change, best to raise an issue on radarr's own project page (or alternatively delete the MediaCover folder on a schedule)

Just another mapping problem here :(

deluge:  /data ---> /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/

radarr:   /downloads ---> /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/

Radarr talks to Jackett and send torrent to deluge, but after download finishes Radarr complains that:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /data/completed/filename.mkv

Maybe I should play with Remote Path Mappings, but dockers are still sorcery to me...

Edited by melagodo
4 hours ago, melagodo said:

Just another mapping problem here :(

deluge:  /data ---> /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/

radarr:   /downloads ---> /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/

Yep. Both sides must match. Change one or the other /data or /downloads. Doesn't really matter which one you change. All containers that need to work with /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/ must have the same path for the application, whether it's /data or /downloads doesn't really matter, but you will need to change the path inside the app that you change the mapping for as well.

12 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Yep. Both sides must match. Change one or the other /data or /downloads. Doesn't really matter which one you change. All containers that need to work with /mnt/disks/ssdUD/deluge/ must have the same path for the application, whether it's /data or /downloads doesn't really matter, but you will need to change the path inside the app that you change the mapping for as well.

Sorry mate, I think I still don't understand where's the error. So both deluge and radarr should have a mapped dir called /data or /downloads?

How can I change this variable, given it's provided by the respective container template? (data for deluge, downloads for radarr)

Sorry for my noobness :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 3:14 PM, wh0_cares said:

Thank you. I just tested this today and it worked, NZB started a 30.8GB download at 5:25 and at 5:59 it finished then Radarr imported within 5 seconds.I had a feeling it might have been the docker mounts. For NZBGet I changed /downloads (/mnt/user/Downloads) to /data (/mnt/user/)  and changed the MainDir path to /data/Downloads. For Radarr  I removed /downloads (/mnt/user/Downloads), changed /movies (/mnt/user/Movies) to /data (/mnt/user/) and fixed the movie path to /data/Movies. I also did this for Sonarr and everything is working perfect with cache also

I'm having trouble following this. Can you post Docker directory screenshots?

Edited by Shrimpyaab
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the proper way to update Radarr? From Wiki, it mentions not to update outside of the actual Docker itself, so I turned off Automatic updates within settings, but in this following screenshot, it tells me not to use 'develop' branch, but I used default settings to install it, so why would it be set to that then? i'm confused. What should I make the following settings?

image.thumb.png.f7fcd1b13c46148f35635fdb79e5e9bd.png

All of a sudden I am unable to access the Radarr WebUI. I just see this:

Failed to load Radarr
Version 3.0.0.2525

I'm using the 'preview' development version, but it has been working fine until now. This is what I see in my unRAID log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-warning: executing...

* This image is for development only *
* Use at your own peril *
* It will likely have bugs and not function properly *
[cont-init.d] 90-warning: exited 0.

[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Radarr - /opt/radarr/Radarr.dll - Version 3.0.0.2525

[Info] Router: Application mode: Interactive
[Info] MigrationController: *** Migrating data source=/config/radarr.db;cache size=-20000;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

[Info] MigrationController: *** Migrating data source=/config/logs.db;cache size=-20000;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

[Info] WebHostController: Listening on the following URLs:
[Info] WebHostController: http://*:7878
[Info] RadarrBootstrapper: Starting Web Server
[Error] EventAggregator: NetImportFactory failed while processing [ApplicationStartedEvent]

[v3.0.0.2525] System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'returnType')
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(String json, Type returnType, JsonSerializerOptions options)
at NzbDrone.Core.ThingiProvider.ProviderRepository`1.GetResults(Template sql)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.Query(SqlBuilder builder, Func`2 queryFunc)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.Query(SqlBuilder builder)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.All()
at NzbDrone.Core.ThingiProvider.ProviderFactory`2.RemoveMissingImplementations()
at NzbDrone.Core.ThingiProvider.ProviderFactory`2.Handle(ApplicationStartedEvent message)
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Events.EventAggregator.PublishEvent[TEvent](TEvent event)

[Info] CommandExecutor: Starting 2 threads for tasks.
[Fatal] RadarrErrorPipeline: Request Failed. GET /api/v3/netimport

[v3.0.0.2525] System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'returnType')
at System.Text.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(String json, Type returnType, JsonSerializerOptions options)
at NzbDrone.Core.ThingiProvider.ProviderRepository`1.GetResults(Template sql)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.Query(SqlBuilder builder, Func`2 queryFunc)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.Query(SqlBuilder builder)
at NzbDrone.Core.Datastore.BasicRepository`1.All()
at NzbDrone.Core.ThingiProvider.ProviderFactory`2.All()
at Radarr.Api.V3.ProviderModuleBase`3.GetAll()
at Radarr.Http.REST.RestModule`1.<set_GetResourceAll>b__33_0(Object options)
at Nancy.NancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0`1.<Get>b__0(Object args)
at Nancy.NancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass16_0`1.<Get>b__0(Object args, CancellationToken ct)
at Nancy.Routing.Route`1.Invoke(DynamicDictionary parameters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Nancy.Routing.DefaultRouteInvoker.Invoke(Route route, CancellationToken cancellationToken, DynamicDictionary parameters, NancyContext context)
at Nancy.Routing.DefaultRequestDispatcher.Dispatch(NancyContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Nancy.NancyEngine.InvokeRequestLifeCycle(NancyContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IPipelines pipelines)

[Info] RssSyncService: Starting RSS Sync
[Info] DownloadDecisionMaker: Processing 338 releases
[Info] RssSyncService: RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 338, Reports grabbed: 0
[Fatal] RadarrErrorPipeline: Request Failed. GET /api/v3/netimport

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Edited by xthursdayx

Hello everyone. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Radarr doesn't move files to their final location.

I will admit, I'm 100% new to unraid and dockers. I've been using radarr for years on Windows.

I'm sure it's a path issue, but I could really use some help. I'm not sure what information to provide to get started, but please let me know. I'm glad to have someone remote in to take a look as well...

15 minutes ago, jcarroll said:

Hello everyone. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Radarr doesn't move files to their final location.

I will admit, I'm 100% new to unraid and dockers. I've been using radarr for years on Windows.

I'm sure it's a path issue, but I could really use some help. I'm not sure what information to provide to get started, but please let me know. I'm glad to have someone remote in to take a look as well...

More often than not, its this https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-566086