[Support] binhex - Radarr

Ok, so I am definitely still doing something wrong here. I turned hard links off, but everything still looks the same. It still is making a copy, renaming it, but leaving the original until I delete it. It is also leaving it on the deluge list after finishing downloading. On top of that, I am not sure what the point of a cache drive is. I thought it was supposed to DL to my cache, then have mover put it where it is supposed to go in the middle of the night. Instead, it seem as though it is renaming and moving it immediately, and also moving the original to the same disk? Am I just reading this wrong?

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.42.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.42.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.41.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.41.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.40.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 7.40.23 PM.png

17 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

but leaving the original until I delete it

Is this a torrent? Searching the Radarr forum shows other posts regarding this issue. It looks like the minimum seed ratio must be met for torrents before they are deleted.

20 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

Instead, it seem as though it is renaming and moving it immediately, and also moving the original to the same disk?

You haven’t posted any screenshots of the contents of your cache drive so I can’t say if it is being used or not. /mnt/user/Downloads and /mnt/user/Media are both user shares. If they are both configured to use the same disks and also cache then both copies will get moved to the same disk but different shares(assuming neither share is “cache only”). What are you seeing that makes you think cache isn’t working?

The reason for using cache for your downloads is that it is not parity protected so writes will be much faster. Any disk mounted with Unassigned Devices would work just as well.

14 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Is this a torrent? Searching the Radarr forum shows other posts regarding this issue. It looks like the minimum seed ratio must be met for torrents before they are deleted.

You haven’t posted any screenshots of the contents of your cache drive so I can’t say if it is being used or not. /mnt/user/Downloads and /mnt/user/Media are both user shares. If they are both configured to use the same disks and also cache then both copies will get moved to the same disk but different shares(assuming neither share is “cache only”). What are you seeing that makes you think cache isn’t working?

The reason for using cache for your downloads is that it is not parity protected so writes will be much faster. Any disk mounted with Unassigned Devices would work just as well.

Yes, it is a torrent. so the seed ratio makes sense (although, i don't really understand seed ratios yet). In screenshot 3 and 4 above, it states that both files (original and renamed) are both on disk 2. That is what is making me think that it is not on the cache. Sometimes it says it is on the cache, and an array disk. Why would it be on both? Shouldn't it sit on cache until 3:30 am, and then mover take it from cache to the array?

The Download share is set to use cache, but the Media share is not. 

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 8.30.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-02-10 at 8.28.06 PM.png

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am using radarr currently to upgrade movie files I already have on the array. I previously had small 800mb yify DL, due to using them from an external HDD. But since I built the server, I am upgrading. So the original small file, is already on the array. 

Edited by jebusfreek666
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's a bug in the latest 0.2.0.995 update, but the Discover New Movies feature seems to be broken. Anyone else? Two messages were in the log shown below. 

Failed to discover movies for action recommendations!: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Exception

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x002c2] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00043] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00007] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Boolean hasConverter) [0x0003d] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, System.Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x000dd] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00057] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject (System.String value, System.Type type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x0002d] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value) [0x00006] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0002b] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:73 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.DiscoverMovies (System.String action, System.Func`2[T,TResult] enhanceRequest) [0x00038] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:103 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.SkyHook.SkyHookProxy.DiscoverNewMovies (System.String action) [0x000a2] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\SkyHook\SkyHookProxy.cs:389 

Failed to discover movies for action recommendations!: The request timed out

Exception

System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x0004e] in /build/mono/src/mono-5.0.0/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:918 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000cc] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:51 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0009d] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:45 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0007e] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:112 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:48 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Post (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:231 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0001e] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:55 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00023] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:69 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.DiscoverMovies (System.String action, System.Func`2[T,TResult] enhanceRequest) [0x00038] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:103 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.SkyHook.SkyHookProxy.DiscoverNewMovies (System.String action) [0x000a2] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\SkyHook\SkyHookProxy.cs:389 
10 hours ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

I don't know if it's a bug in the latest 0.2.0.995 update, but the Discover New Movies feature seems to be broken. Anyone else? Two messages were in the log shown below. 

Failed to discover movies for action recommendations!: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Exception

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x002c2] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00043] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00007] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Boolean hasConverter) [0x0003d] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, System.Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x000dd] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00057] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject (System.String value, System.Type type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x0002d] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value) [0x00006] in <5e099fb6434a463a960f4009caf8abae>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0002b] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:73 

Failed to discover movies for action recommendations!: The request timed out

Exception

System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x0004e] in /build/mono/src/mono-5.0.0/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:918 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x000cc] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:51 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) [0x0009d] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:45 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0007e] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:112 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:48 
  at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Post (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00007] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:231 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x0001e] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:55 
  at NzbDrone.Core.MetadataSource.RadarrAPI.RadarrAPIClient.Execute[T] (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) [0x00023] in C:\projects\radarr-usby1\src\NzbDrone.Core\MetadataSource\RadarrAPI\RadarrAPIClient.cs:69 

Q14:- https://lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=FindComment&comment=433612

4 minutes ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

So is it definitely a problem with the application? Just wanted to make sure other folks are experiencing this behavior on this new version before I submit it as a bug to the Radarr folks.

i would say so yes, the sort of thing i would be able to fix is the application not starting, or missing packages that are required for the application, that sort of thing, crashes or features not working as expected is def an application issue.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

i would say so yes, the sort of thing i would be able to fix is the application not starting, or missing packages that are required for the application, that sort of thing, crashes or features not working as expected is def an application issue.

I'n settings>general under advanced the branch is set to develop. If you click the exclamation it says if using docker do not use develop or nightly branches. Does this matter?

I'n settings>general under advanced the branch is set to develop. If you click the exclamation it says if using docker do not use develop or nightly branches. Does this matter?
This sounds like it's incorrectly identified a github release as a dev branch, in short ignore it its wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just started getting an authentication prompt after upgrading to Version 0.2.0.995 a few minutes ago. Found a discussion on Reddit and someone there mentioned "Web host issues, according to Discord channel" so hopefully it's just temporary. Hitting cancel seems to work fine for now.

11 hours ago, austinite said:

Just started getting an authentication prompt after upgrading to Version 0.2.0.995 a few minutes ago. Found a discussion on Reddit and someone there mentioned "Web host issues, according to Discord channel" so hopefully it's just temporary. Hitting cancel seems to work fine for now.

untested, but looks like a plausible solution:-

Turning off analytics stopped me from getting the authentication prompt, but I have another issue. At first I Thought it was related, but this didn't solve it. My Radarr IMBD lists are not working. I have made no changes since they were last working. I am using the Radarr A lists since IMDB stopped publishing a true RSS. This is the error I get when I test thelist: Unable to connect to list, check the log for more details. When I check the log it says: Unable to connect to list: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 4, position 1. I assume this is a Radarr issue, but I thought I'd ask here since I haven't had much luck finding the solution elsewhere and the authentication issue was reported and solved here.

Thanks in advance if anyone else is having this issue/has a solution. I Can pull the full log report of the error if needed.

*** EDIT: Well, it seems to have resolved itself. For the time being at least. No idea what caused it or how/why it works now.

Edited by eb3k
Issue resolved
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to unRaid. (as in less then 1 week) I used to use DrivePool on a Windows 2012 R2 Server, and after poking at unRaid decided to pull the trigger and give it a go.

System :

Ryzen 7 1700

8GB Ram

3 x 8TB (WD Red)

4 x 4TB (WD Red)

1 x 240GB SSD (Samsung Pro)

I am using Sonarr/Radarr/nzbGet (all Binhex)

When the new files are brought in (to SSD), and then moved to the my proper storage on the array, the permissions are changed to Read Only, thus keeping me from running TMM to rename, and clean up. I looked around the forums and google, and found a few people who said to make changes to the container permissions, (UID/PID) which didn't seem like the right solution to me. Anyone have any suggestions, or point me to the right spot to look.

THanks

6 hours ago, robsch said:

Hello,

I am new to unRaid. (as in less then 1 week) I used to use DrivePool on a Windows 2012 R2 Server, and after poking at unRaid decided to pull the trigger and give it a go.

System :

Ryzen 7 1700

8GB Ram

3 x 8TB (WD Red)

4 x 4TB (WD Red)

1 x 240GB SSD (Samsung Pro)

I am using Sonarr/Radarr/nzbGet (all Binhex)

When the new files are brought in (to SSD), and then moved to the my proper storage on the array, the permissions are changed to Read Only, thus keeping me from running TMM to rename, and clean up. I looked around the forums and google, and found a few people who said to make changes to the container permissions, (UID/PID) which didn't seem like the right solution to me. Anyone have any suggestions, or point me to the right spot to look.

THanks

I don't use binhex, but Radarr / Sonarr in settings (advanced shown) media management you can set the permissions of the files / folders.  I set each to 0777 with no problems on R/W

On 3/16/2018 at 11:55 PM, Squid said:

I don't use binhex, but Radarr / Sonarr in settings (advanced shown) media management you can set the permissions of the files / folders.  I set each to 0777 with no problems on R/W

That did the trick!   Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having problems with Radarr not getting files due to obfuscated file names. I am using Binhex's NZBGet and the files download fine, but inside the correctly named folder, the video files are named like asdfojuhargiub4rwe.mkv, so Radarr says there are no valid files.

7 hours ago, Jackal24 said:

I am having problems with Radarr not getting files due to obfuscated file names. I am using Binhex's NZBGet and the files download fine, but inside the correctly named folder, the video files are named like asdfojuhargiub4rwe.mkv, so Radarr says there are no valid files.

Nevermind. I fixed the problem by switching to SABnzbd and allowing it to rename the files.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently began getting the error below when searching to add new movies, no matter what I am searching for.

There Was An Error Searching For 'Star'.
If the movie title contains non-alphanumeric characters try removing them, otherwise try your search again later.

"Star" was just an example. I get the same error no matter what I try to search for. I have not made any changes to my setup, everything worked fine until the past day or so.

Any suggestions?

I can't figure out why this is happening, perhaps @Squid or @binhex can shed some light.

Take a look at the /downloads in the first shot, that's what is currently running, and is proper. When I edit it, the host path 2: /downloads morphs into /data.

This doesn't happen in any other docker I have installed, I'm just glad I caught it.

The default path as downloaded is prepopulated at /data, that's fine, but why is it reverting to that and not using the previously updated and currently used value on edit?

It doesn't do that on other binhex dockers.

5ae26c7e08dec_radarrdockerscreen.thumb.png.42ee90c4afff239e39304d729bdc57a6.png5ae26c8a9bfb4_radarrdockerupdate.thumb.png.724dd831e9c460a210a26441861cc412.png

23 minutes ago, dstanley said:

I just added my own custom path as /downloads rather than editing the profile path name. No reason at all that won’t work I should think!? 

Sure, that works, I want to know why it's behaving like this when none of the other dockers I have installed change arbitrarily when you click edit.

If it happens to someone who doesn't have a firm grasp on docker mappings and such, it would become a support issue.