USB controller pass through issues

Ok so I've read the post about this but so far no luck. I have a usb 3 pci card model PEXUSB3S44V. It shows up as below using lshw. This is stubbed in syslinux.cfg. I have the same result without it stubbed also. The card has power to the devices however I can not see the devices as usb pass through options in the webgui. Same with and without stub. When the card is stubbed in syslinux.cfg it shows under the other pci devices section in the webgui for the VM settings. Shows as Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller | USB controller (0a:00.0)  Not sure what I'm missing here. When I try to start the VM with the other pci selected it starts and usb devices have power but no response. If I connect the usb devices to the onboard usb of the motherboard and select in usb pass through they work fine.

description: USB controller
                            product: uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller
                            vendor: Renesas Technology Corp.
                            physical id: 0
                            bus info: pci@0000:0a:00.0
                            version: 02
                            width: 64 bits
                            clock: 33MHz
                            capabilities: pm msi msix pciexpress xhci cap_list
                            configuration: driver=pci-stub latency=0
                            resources: irq:26 memory:fa500000-fa501fff

lspci | grep USB is:

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 05)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 05)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation C610/X99 series chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 05)
0a:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)
0b:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)
0c:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)
0d:00.0 USB controller: Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 02)

try looking under tools>logs and search to see if there are any errors associated with the device would be a first step.

I had an off brand usb3 card that identified itself as a Reneas a very short time ago. It had weird issues and limited functionality. So I took it back. I'm not saying that the brand doesn't work, just that it didn't work for me.

Here seems to be some related log entries. I tried adjusting the usb setting in bios but no luck.

Jan 15 10:54:52 Tower kernel: pci 0000:0a:00.0: xHCI BIOS handoff failed (BIOS bug ?) 00010401
Jan 15 10:54:52 Tower kernel: pci 0000:0b:00.0: xHCI BIOS handoff failed (BIOS bug ?) 00010401
Jan 15 10:54:52 Tower kernel: pci 0000:0c:00.0: xHCI BIOS handoff failed (BIOS bug ?) 00010401
Jan 15 10:54:52 Tower kernel: pci 0000:0d:00.0: xHCI BIOS handoff failed (BIOS bug ?) 00010401

I would get the "bios bug?" in my log for that and my arock 3.1 card. There may be a firmware update for your motherboard to help with it. I choose the easier route and returned both cards and picked up a couple that worked without issue.

There may be someone else more knowledgeable about usb card pass off and the xHCI handoff failure than me. But when I asked the questions a  couple weeks ago, the only answer I got was "firmware update for motherboard?"

The closest I came to finding an answer on the rest of the internet mentioned an issue with legacy usb being on, and that if you disabled it, it "might" fix it. The problem is, that if you access your bios with usb keyboard and not serial keyboard, then you lose the ability to make any further changes to your bios on the end boot without later having to reset your entire bios back to factory settings to enable legacy usb. So, since i din't have a serial keyboard handy, I opted to not do that. It might have fixed it, it might have kept me from accessing my bios.... I will never know.. Not really recommending this, just passing on something I read somewhere.

The closest I came to finding an answer on the rest of the internet mentioned an issue with legacy usb being on, and that if you disabled it, it "might" fix it. The problem is, that if you access your bios with usb keyboard and not serial keyboard, then you lose the ability to make any further changes to your bios on the end boot without later having to reset your entire bios back to factory settings to enable legacy usb.
Not helpful for this topic, but I gotta say for the USB keyboard issue, IPMI FTW.