unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

Joe, Is it possible to make a function to hide all not installed packages ?

And make packages of following script?   ;D  ;D

-spinup_when_accessed

-cache_dirs

-s3_notHrHdTcpIp

//Peter

sure,

let me know when you've finished making the changes and creating the three new packages.  I have no time right now myself, but you are sure welcome to do it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i run top i see that there are three instances of image_server.sh running and consuming considerable amounts of cpu cycles. i upgraded to beta9 from beta6 and I started seeing this behavior.

if i kill the processes they do not restart, but i'll be monitoring the situation to see if they creep up.

any ideas?

top - 02:04:39 up 11 min,  0 users,  load average: 4.18, 3.34, 1.74
Tasks:  91 total,   4 running,  87 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s): 37.1%us, 36.7%sy,  0.0%ni, 24.5%id,  1.8%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:   1812740k total,   365204k used,  1447536k free,     9776k buffers
Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,   290184k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND            
3258 nobody    20   0  3036 1576 1008 S   39  0.1   3:09.70 image_server.sh    
3259 nobody    20   0  3036 1580 1008 S   39  0.1   3:10.97 image_server.sh    
3260 nobody    20   0  3036 1580 1008 R   35  0.1   3:10.24 image_server.sh    
   1 root      20   0   828  304  264 S    0  0.0   0:02.40 init               
   2 root      20   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:00.00 kthreadd           
   3 root      20   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:00.97 ksoftirqd/0        

when i run top i see that there are three instances of image_server.sh running and consuming considerable amounts of cpu cycles. i upgraded to beta9 from beta6 and I started seeing this behavior.

if i kill the processes they do not restart, but i'll be monitoring the situation to see if they creep up.

any ideas?

top - 02:04:39 up 11 min,  0 users,  load average: 4.18, 3.34, 1.74
Tasks:  91 total,   4 running,  87 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s): 37.1%us, 36.7%sy,  0.0%ni, 24.5%id,  1.8%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:   1812740k total,   365204k used,  1447536k free,     9776k buffers
Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,   290184k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND            
3258 nobody    20   0  3036 1576 1008 S   39  0.1   3:09.70 image_server.sh    
3259 nobody    20   0  3036 1580 1008 S   39  0.1   3:10.97 image_server.sh    
3260 nobody    20   0  3036 1580 1008 R   35  0.1   3:10.24 image_server.sh    
   1 root      20   0   828  304  264 S    0  0.0   0:02.40 init               
   2 root      20   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:00.00 kthreadd           
   3 root      20   0     0    0    0 S    0  0.0   0:00.97 ksoftirqd/0        

absolutely no idea.

Thank for the reply Joe. You are correct sbSynced=0 when I ran cat /proc/mdcmd. Why is that happening?

I have no idea. The output of /proc/mdcmd is part of the "md" driver. 

unMENU is simply reporting what it finds. 

Have you performed a parity sync since you last rebooted?

What does it say in the unRAID interface?

Joe, I did a parity synced after I upgraded to beta9 and unMENU is now reporting the correct last time of Parity check.

Thank for the reply Joe. You are correct sbSynced=0 when I ran cat /proc/mdcmd. Why is that happening?

I have no idea. The output of /proc/mdcmd is part of the "md" driver. 

unMENU is simply reporting what it finds. 

Have you performed a parity sync since you last rebooted?

What does it say in the unRAID interface?

Joe, I did a parity synced after I upgraded to beta9 and unMENU is now reporting the correct last time of Parity check.

good news

Silly question, but I'll ask anyways.

Under myMain, is their anyway to set it so that the picture of the displayed server accurately reflects your actual server setup?  Thanks!

Yes.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9337.0

It will explain where to put your custom image.  Also, there are a lot of images contributed by others in that thread, one might be close to what you need.  There is even a spreadsheet to get you started in creating a custom image.

Another noobie questions regarding unMenu 1.4r223 running on unRaid 4.7

I am having issues accessing unMenu on a consistant basis; I have it on the default 8080 port and get "cannot display webpage" ~60% of the time.  I have tried changing the port but it has not worked.... below is my syslog ???

Jul 26 18:37:39 192 unmenu[10057]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:306: fatal: can't open two way socket `/inet/tcp/8080/0/0' for input/output (No such file or directory)

Jul 26 18:37:39 192 unmenu-status: Exiting unmenu web-server, exit status code = 2

Any thoughts?  I wanted to add sick, couch, etc... but want to work out the issues first without the overlay. 

One more question, can sick/couch run w/o a cache drive?

Thanks

B

I am having issues accessing unMenu on a consistant basis; I have it on the default 8080 port and get "cannot display webpage" ~60% of the time.  I have tried changing the port but it has not worked.... below is my syslog ???

Jul 26 18:37:39 192 unmenu[10057]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:306: fatal: can't open two way socket `/inet/tcp/8080/0/0' for input/output (No such file or directory)

Jul 26 18:37:39 192 unmenu-status: Exiting unmenu web-server, exit status code = 2

Any thoughts?  I wanted to add sick, couch, etc... but want to work out the issues first without the overlay. 

Thanks

B

It can only handle one request at a time.  While servicing a request, it is not listening for another.  It is not a read web-server, it is an "awk" script pretending to be one.

Do not be impatient.

Any program can work without a cache drive.

Joe L.

Thanks

B

It can only handle one request at a time.  While servicing a request, it is not listening for another.  It is not a read web-server, it is an "awk" script pretending to be one.

Do not be impatient.

Any program can work without a cache drive.

Joe L.

I have been experiencing this problem as well.  I would say 60% of the time is a better result than what I am seeing.  The main unmenu page hardly comes up, let alone any of the other pages.  It's been so bad, I wasn't sure unmenu was even running.  Is there something in particular in the logs I should be looking for?  I am also running Sab, Sick and Couch on the server, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

When configuring Mail and SSMTP I ran into a problem with my password. It contains the @ symbol (ex. pass@word). It appears fine after saving but when returning to the page the password is parsed with VAR surrounding it and sending email does not work. Removing the @ fixed the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed unRAID 5.0b9 and upgraded the unmenu software.  2 items are no longer working properly:

1. The main page no longer shows drive temperatures.

2. The Disk Management tab no longer lets me run a SMART status report.  I get the following message when attempting to run one:

smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sdo
smartctl 5.40 2010-10-16 r3189 [i486-slackware-linux-gnu] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Smartctl: Device Read Identity Failed (not an ATA/ATAPI device)

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

My syslog is attached.

My system is a VMware ESXi configuration with VMDirectPath enabled for 2 IBM M1015 SAS controllers - converted to LSI cards with IT firmware.  Everything on the system runs fine, but I certainly would like to be able to get SMART reports as I know one drive has issues.

Thanks for the great program Joe L!

syslog-2011-08-15.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated to latest UnMenu and UnRaid 4.7. I can get the Main first screen to come up in UnMenu but it I try to go to MyMain or anything else I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Just wanted to update that I did get into UnMenu this morning, was able to go into MyMain and a couple of other things. Now again I can't get into anything UnMenu again.

At the prompt (root@Tower:~#) when I type cd /boot/unmenu unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu I get "/boot/unmenu is a directory" and it goes back to the prompt. I have tried this with and without spaces in different spots, with and without cd, and nothing is happening. I am having the same problem with the preclear_disk install. (the messages are either (/boot/unmenu is a directory" or unmenu_install does not exsist, no such path or whatever, but nothing happens.)

At the prompt (root@Tower:~#) when I type cd /boot/unmenu unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu I get "/boot/unmenu is a directory" and it goes back to the prompt. I have tried this with and without spaces in different spots, with and without cd, and nothing is happening. I am having the same problem with the preclear_disk install. (the messages are either (/boot/unmenu is a directory" or unmenu_install does not exsist, no such path or whatever, but nothing happens.)

Type it as TWO commands.

cd /boot/unmenu

then

unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu

the above two commands assume you created a /boot/unmenu directory AND that you unzipped the unmenu_install program in it.

Thanks Joe!

I now have gotten to the boot/unmenu prompt, and when I type in unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu I get a "You must have a DNS Nameserver and Gateway defined in your unRAID setup before you can continue"

I am awaiting a new router, as mine was killed in a storm a few days ago, and I have to move the cat-5 back and forth to and from my pc (That I am on) and the server. I am guessing at this point, I will need to wait til my router is connected and working, right?

Thanks Joe!

I now have gotten to the boot/unmenu prompt, and when I type in unmenu_install -i -d /boot/unmenu I get a "You must have a DNS Nameserver and Gateway defined in your unRAID setup before you can continue"

I am awaiting a new router, as mine was killed in a storm a few days ago, and I have to move the cat-5 back and forth to and from my pc (That I am on) and the server. I am guessing at this point, I will need to wait til my router is connected and working, right?

unmenu_install is a script that will download and install the files that make up unMENU.  There are quite a few, so yes, you need to be able to connect from the unRAID server to the internet.

That requires you to have a network gateway defined, and a DNS nameserver.

If on the command line you can type:

net lookup google.com

and have it return an IP address, you should be ready.