unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

I was just about to post about the black bullets too under the file browser and share iso

I changed unmenu.conf to:

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/user/

ALLOWED_FOLDER = /mnt/disk1/

and restarted unmenu, but no change.. running latest clean install of unmenu and FF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just about to post about the black bullets too under the file browser and share iso

and restarted unmenu, but no change.. running latest clean install of unmenu and FF

What browser are you using?  I don't see it here.  Can you post a screen-shot?

The command being invoked is

ls -al --group-directories-first /mnt/user

perhaps you can post a few lines of its output.

What browser are you using?  I don't see it here.  Can you post a screen-shot?

The command being invoked is

ls -al --group-directories-first /mnt/user

perhaps you can post a few lines of its output.

FF = Firefox ;) I tried IE8 as well..

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Movies# ls -al --group-directories-first /mnt/user

total 8

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  152 2010-04-13 18:46 ./

drwxr-xr-x 7 root  root    0 2010-04-19 17:32 ../

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  80 2010-04-14 18:53 Anime/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  48 2010-04-12 14:21 Backup/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  80 2010-04-14 20:06 Mike/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  376 2010-04-18 00:27 Misc/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  224 2010-04-13 22:06 Movies/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root 6864 2010-04-12 21:39 Music/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  48 2010-04-12 14:20 Photo/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  824 2010-04-13 21:45 Series/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  280 2010-04-11 12:15 XXX/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  136 2010-04-14 20:53 mediaserver/

drwxr-xr-x 1 mysql root  520 2010-04-19 17:32 mysql/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  136 2010-04-19 18:02 xbmc/

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Movies#

For your information, I also have these bullets. Running unMENU with all the latest updates.

Nobody has posted a screen shot.  (or even better, zipped up the html source of the page being returned. 

right mouse click on the page, click on "view-html-source". save it to a file, zip it up, then attach it somewhere)

Joe L.

I just deleted my /boot/unmenu folder, then used unmenu_install to download and install a new set of files from googlecode.com

Invoking the file-browser, I see this:

2rgnodd.jpg

Everything seems to work as expected browsing files..  I'll need help in figuring out what you are seeing.... 

I'm using a PC, and I tried IE 7, Firefox and Chrome browsers.  All seemed to work.

Joe L.

OK, root cause identified... 

Your "ls" command output has 8 white-space delimited fields, the directory name being the 8th.[pre]

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  152 2010-04-13 18:46 ./

drwxr-xr-x 7 root  root    0 2010-04-19 17:32 ../

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  80 2010-04-14 18:53 Anime/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  48 2010-04-12 14:21 Backup/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  80 2010-04-14 20:06 Mike/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  376 2010-04-18 00:27 Misc/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  224 2010-04-13 22:06 Movies/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root 6864 2010-04-12 21:39 Music/

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root  48 2010-04-12 14:20 Photo/[/pre]

My "ls" command has 9 white-space delimited fields, the directory name being the 9th.[pre]

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu# ls -al --group-directories-first /mnt/user

total 35

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  392 Apr 14 16:05 ./

drwxr-xr-x 14 root  root    0 Apr 15 10:58 ../

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root 14672 Apr 16 08:46 Movies/

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  4064 Apr 14 16:03 Movies\ A-D/

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root    72 Apr 14 16:03 Movies\ E-J/

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  2664 Apr 14 16:04 Movies\ K-O/

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  2248 Apr 14 16:05 Movies\ P-S/

drwxr-xr-x  1 root  root  3976 Apr 14 16:04 Movies\ T-Z/[/pre]

The file browser is parsing the 9th field to be used as the directory and/or file name.

You apparently changed the time/date format of your server???  From "Apr 14 16:05" to 2010-04-13 18:46"

Since you do not have a 9th field in your "ls" output, it is showing up as blank in the unMENU file browser.

Now, the big question is "How did you change the "ls" output format???  Is this a change you made on your servers to display the time in a format you preferred?  Or is is based on the time-zone file you installed?

I'll need to change the file-browser code to deal with it, but first I need to know what it has to deal with.

Joe L.

I did not change anything on the server but reinstalled the unMENU since my mail did not function as I have informed earlier. Now the mail is functioning, but this new problem - nevertheless, I can live with it.

By the way, I checked the output of "ls" on my server and the date is given as 2010-04-19 as you have mentioned, not as Apr 14. I am using a NTP server, does it cause the difference?

I did not change anything on the server but reinstalled the unMENU since my mail did not function as I have informed earlier. Now the mail is functioning, but this new problem - nevertheless, I can live with it.

I understand you re-installed unMENU, but this issue has nothing directly to do with unMENU. It has to do with the date-time format in the output of the "ls" command.

You may not have noticed exactly when the file-browser in unMENU stopped functioning... I have no way of knowing since it would have been exactly the same issue with the older version of the file-browser. 

I have copies of the version 1.1 file browser, the version 1.2 file browser and the 1.3 file-browser.  The ONLY change was between the 1.1 and 1.2 releases to be able to properly handle directory names with embedded spaces.  Other than that, it has been the same.

That change was long ago...  It put quote marks around the directory names and added a "commented out, un-needed substitution of spaces for '%20' in the directory name." I had first tried to fix the problem.

The diff of the two files look like this:

< #define ADD_ON_VERSION    1.1.4 fixed handling of directory names with embedded spaces. Joe L.

203c201

<              cmd="cd '''" decodedDir "''' 2>/dev/null && pwd || echo invalid-directory "

---

>              cmd="cd " decodedDir " 2>/dev/null && pwd || echo invalid-directory "

386d383

< #    gsub(" ","%20",theDir)

The issue you are seeing started whenever the time-format in the "ls" command changed.  I remember a discussion on the forum of "how do I change the time format? on my server and in unMENU"  I'll have to search for it to see who was asking the question and who else might have responded in the same thread.

Joe L.

I am noticing the same thing as above, though i don't ever use the file browser so it is not that big a deal to me.

Anyway, I also wanted to point out a little bug i found in one of the .conf files for the package manager. The openssl conf files needs to have the line that checks for the version changed.  The line:

PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0 | awk '{print $11}'

should be changed to:

PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0 | awk '{print $10}'

Notice the '{print $10}' part!

For your information, I also have these bullets. Running unMENU with all the latest updates.

Nobody has posted a screen shot.  (or even better, zipped up the html source of the page being returned. 

right mouse click on the page, click on "view-html-source". save it to a file, zip it up, then attach it somewhere)

Joe L.

Attached you find my file.

//Peter

file_browser.zip

I am noticing the same thing as above, though i don't ever use the file browser so it is not that big a deal to me.

Anyway, I also wanted to point out a little bug i found in one of the .conf files for the package manager. The openssl conf files needs to have the line that checks for the version changed.  The line:

PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0 | awk '{print $11}'

should be changed to:

PACKAGE_VERSION_TEST ls -l /usr/lib/libssl.so.0 | awk '{print $10}'

Notice the '{print $10}' part!

Believe it or not, this is directly related to the bug I just fixed in the file-explorer.  The "ls" command output format changes depending on if the file date is recent or not recent.

Unfortunately, it changes the number of "fields" between formats.

I'll fix the .conf file.  But the answer is not just to look at field 10.  It is to specify the time-format of the "ls" command and then look at field 10.

Thanks for finding this for me.

Joe L.

Newest fixes for both the file-explorer and the libssl .conf file and the cxxlibs .conf file are now in place on google.code.

You can use the "Check-For-Updates" button on the user-scripts page to get and install them as well as any other recent updates you might not yet have.

No need to re-start unmenu for any of these to take effect. 

The issue you are seeing started whenever the time-format in the "ls" command changed.

It turned out the "ls" command used two different formats when invoked with the "-l" argument.

One format is for files with RECENT modification dates, the other for files with NON-RECENT modification dates.

One format has 11 whitespace delimited fields, the other has 10 whitespace delimited fields.  You would get a mix of the two formats when listing files in many directories.

The fix was to specify the format of the time, and then look at the correct field.  I've made that change and the new file-explorer is available on google.code.  You can use the "Check for Updates" button on the user-scripts page, or you can invoke on the linux command line

cd /boot/unmenu

unmenu_install -u

Thanks to all who helped find/fix these issues.

Joe L.

I did install the new files, however, all my links are broken now. As you remember using Mac Os X the server nme "tower" or whatever does not function and a proper IP addres is required. Earlier the work around for this was to add the following lines to the conf file

MyHost=192.168.0.5

unRAIDHost = 192.168.0.5

now it does not help, I still have the "name" in the URL, hence the broken links :(

Ps: Killing and rebooting the unMENU did not make any change. Do I need to reboot the unRAID so it could read the changes in conf file? I shall try this next.

I did install the new files, however, all my links are broken now. As you remember using Mac Os X the server nme "tower" or whatever does not function and a proper IP addres is required. Earlier the work around for this was to add the following lines to the conf file

MyHost=192.168.0.5

unRAIDHost = 192.168.0.5

now it does not help, I still have the "name" in the URL, hence the broken links :(

Ps: Do I need to reboot the unRAID so it could read the changes in conf file? I shall try this next.

Did your edited version of the .conf file get moved to the old_version sub-directory?  If so, just move it back and re-start unmenu to get it to read it.