unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

Joe,

yesterday for the first time ever I plugged an USB drive to one of my unRAID machines. Within unMENU I mounted it. The NTFS drive showed up mounted readonly. Is there a way to change that behaviour within UNMENU? I did umount and copy/paste the mount command to change it on the console. There must be a better way I think - but didn't find one ...

Thanks

Harald

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joe,

yesterday for the first time ever I plugged an USB drive to one of my unRAID machines. Within unMENU I mounted it. The NTFS drive showed up mounted readonly. Is there a way to change that behaviour within UNMENU? I did umount and copy/paste the mount command to change it on the console. There must be a better way I think - but didn't find one ...

Thanks

Harald

The built in NTFS driver in unRAID is not capable of writing to an NTFS file-system.  It will corrupt the file-system if you attempt to mount with it and write to the NTFS file-system.

If you install the ntfs-3g driver through unmenu it will be used to mount the NTFS file-system.  It is capable of writing to the NTFS file system.

The easiest way to take the read-only mounted file-system and make it writable is to issue the following command:

mount -o remount,rw /mnt/disk/???

(where /mnt/disk/??? is the mount-point used when mounting the disk)

Joe L.

I just modified the Disk-Management plug-in of unMENU to have a pair of new buttons for those drives that are outside of the array.

They will only show up after you have mounted the file-system by pressing the "Mount ..." button.

They will only show up for file-system types that are potentially writable.  

They will NOT show up for NTFS partitions if you have NOT installed the ntfs-3g driver

They WILL show up for NTFS partition if you have installed the  ntfs-3g driver.

Only one of the two buttons will show up at a time.  They are:

Re-Mount as Writable

and (if mounted as writable)

Re-Mount as Read-Only.

I've attached an image of the new button to this post.

Have fun.   I also found and fixed an off-by-one error on the display of file-system type on the screen and posted a new version of package for the 2010.3.6 ntfs-3g driver.  It is now available as a compiled package so compiling it from source code is no longer needed.    You can remove the /boot/packages/ntfs-3g-2009-4.4-unmenu-package.conf file as it is no longer needed and the download link in it is no longer valid.

Use the check-for-updates button on the user-scripts page to get the improved/fixed versions.

Joe L.

unmenu-remount.JPG.9dfc87db8342964173c0dbd83d375b07.JPG

Great work with the new unMENU. I'm still using v1.2 and will update today.

I have one question though:

Are the unRAID Status Alert package (or another package) able to run the Power down script (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Powerdown_script) when the temperature (on any disk) exceeds a user configurable value.

I use unraid_notify that is able to do that now.

There is now a separate installable package for the disk drive overtemp shutdown of the unRAID server.

I made it a separate package so it could perform its check every 5 minutes rather than once an hour.

- If you have the "powerdown" package developed by WeeboTech, it will use it.

- If you do not, and you have a recent version of unRAID with its version of "powerdown" it will use it and if the array is not stopped after 5 minutes it will force a poweroff after attempting to stop the array.

- If you have an older version of unRAID, it will attempt to stop the server cleanly and then use the poweroff command.

There is a configuration variable for an early "Warning" message threshold temperature and a separate "Overtemp Shutdown" threshold.   There is also a variable to set the e-mail address to send those alerts.

Use the check-for-updates button on the user-scripts page to get the new package.

Have fun.

It looks like this:

x51pn6.jpg

Joe L.

Awesome work, Joe L.  One question...  Which file systems can Disk Management mount?  Thanks.

It can mount

• reiserfs
  • vfat
  • msdos
  • ext2
  • ext3 (mounted as ext2)
  • ntfs  (built-in driver on unRAID only usable as read-only, unable to write or create new files, but if you install ntfs-3g driver, it may be mounted as writable)

They are defined in the unmenu.conf file.  Basically, all that unRAID knows about can be handled.

# Define per-filesystem mount options.

MOUNT_OPTIONS reiserfs = -r -o noatime,nodiratime -t reiserfs

MOUNT_OPTIONS ntfs-3g  = -r -o umask=111,dmask=000 -t ntfs-3g

MOUNT_OPTIONS vfat     = -w -t vfat

MOUNT_OPTIONS msdos    = -r -t msdos

MOUNT_OPTIONS ext2     = -r -t ext2

MOUNT_OPTIONS ext3     = -r -t ext2

# the built-in ntfs driver is read only... DO NOT atttempt to use it as r/w

MOUNT_OPTIONS ntfs     = -r -o umask=111,dmask=000 -t ntfs

One quick question; Will the check for updates also install a new version of unMenu or just install new packages?

The "Check for updates" button will show you what is available.

If new files are available, it will then present a second button to actually perform the update.

so, the answer to your question is...  Both. It will update your set of files (unmenu itself, the plug-ins, and the package configuration files) to the very latest as needed if you ask it to.  It will put the older versions in a dated sub-directory.

Joe L.

when you change the options in mail script for example where are the changes saved? For some reason all the editable changes for the scripts are not saving for me..

The changes are  saved in the package.conf files themselves.  After making any change there is a button to re-install with the edited values. If you do not press it, then the old install scripts are still in place.

Perhaps you are not pressing it?

I am pressing it but it always converts back to the original values.  I have started editing the conf files manually to make the changes but can not for the life of me figure out why they are not staying through the interface..

For example the .ds removal script.  If i change it to to notify me of files delete by changing the 0 to a 1.  When i press the button to save changes it shows it there but when i press the button to re-install with editable variables it re-installs but reverts back to the default settings of "0"

I am pressing it but it always converts back to the original values.  I have started editing the conf files manually to make the changes but can not for the life of me figure out why they are not staying through the interface..

For example the .ds removal script.  If i change it to to notify me of files delete by changing the 0 to a 1.  When i press the button to save changes it shows it there but when i press the button to re-install with editable variables it re-installs but reverts back to the default settings of "0"

Are you using the most current of unRAID 1.3 files?  If not, then that might be the iissue.  When did you download/install them?

The issues you are describing are identical to some I faced when I was originally writing the page.

If you click on the "About" page, what version does it give for the package manager plugin file 990-unmenu-wget.awk?

Mine shows this:

990-unmenu-wget.awk: 2.3  Modified to select package and then only show selected package. - Revision: 95

When you look at the top of the .ds removal scripts, what version is shown there?

Mine shows this:

head -1 /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

#UNMENU_RELEASE $Revision: 97 $ $Date: 2010-05-16 11:01:17 -0400 (Sun, 16 May 2010) $

Joe,

First, let me thank you for all the effort you have put into both unMENU development and support and unRAID support in general.

Could you change the unMENU "install updates" process to also archive the previous version of conf files in the packages directory similar to the way it archives the previous version of files in the unmenu directory?

Thanks.

Joe,

First, let me thank you for all the effort you have put into both unMENU development and support and unRAID support in general.

Could you change the unMENU "install updates" process to also archive the previous version of conf files in the packages directory similar to the way it archives the previous version of files in the unmenu directory?

Thanks.

I just did an experiment here.  I made a small change to one of my package files so its checksum would differ from what was expected (I added a blank line)

I then ran

unmenu_install -c -d /boot/unmenu

It printed that the one file was out-of-date and needed updating. (It is pretty dumb, it just knows the file changed on a line that was not an editable variable)

I then ran

cd /boot/unmenu

sh -xv unmenu_install -u -d .

The sh -xv options showe me a trace of what it does as it evaluates variables and runs the shell script.  The tail end of it was this:

+ '[' -f apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf ']'           <-- if the file exists in the current directory    

+ mv apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf ./unmenu_old_2010-05-28_1311/apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf <-- then move it to the dated directory

+ echo 'Moved current apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf to ./unmenu_old_2010-05-28_1311/apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf'

Moved current apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf to ./unmenu_old_2010-05-28_1311/apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf

+ cp /tmp/unmenu_tmp/apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf

+ echo 'Installed apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf'

Installed apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf

Basically, it copies the old package.conf files to the unmenu folder for the comparrison, and if they exist, they are moved to the dated subdirectory if a newer version is available in the "/tmp/unmenu_tmp directory it uses for download of the newer version.

That copy occurred.

To prove it, I did a listing of the date/time stamped directory.  

root@Tower:/boot/unmenu# ls -l ./unmenu_old_2010-05-28_1311/

total 16

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4180 May 28 13:11 apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf*

So, the backup copy of package files is being made, just not under the "packages" directory.    Are you asking that it be backed up under the packages directory instead? or be backed up at all?

Joe L.

Joe,

Thanks.

So, the backup copy of package files is being made, just not under the "packages" directory.    Are you asking that it be backed up under the packages directory instead? or be backed up at all?

I did not think the confs were being backed up at all.  If they are being backed up, you can ignore the request (I am not near my unRAID server to test it).  I am fine having them backed up in the same dated folder in the unmenu directory.

Thanks again.

My .ds info looks identical to yours.

#UNMENU_RELEASE $Revision: 97 $ $Date: 2010-05-16 11:01:17 -0400 (Sun, 16 May 2010) $

as well as the current version of the 990 File info..

990-unmenu-wget.awk: 2.3  Modified to select package and then only show selected package. - Revision: 95 

last updated about a week ago..

Any thing else i could check.

Are you using the most current of unRAID 1.3 files?  If not, then that might be the iissue.  When did you download/install them?

The issues you are describing are identical to some I faced when I was originally writing the page.

If you click on the "About" page, what version does it give for the package manager plugin file 990-unmenu-wget.awk?

Mine shows this:

990-unmenu-wget.awk: 2.3   Modified to select package and then only show selected package. - Revision: 95

When you look at the top of the .ds removal scripts, what version is shown there?

Mine shows this:

990-unmenu-wget.awk: 2.3   Modified to select package and then only show selected package. - Revision: 95 

Mine shows this:

Mine shows this:

What version of unRAID are you running?

Can you tell me the values you have in the editable fields?

The only other thing you can try that might give more clues is to modify the plug-in file itself to enable a bit of extra stuff to be output to the screen.

You can do that by executing the following command:

sed -i "s/^#theHTML = theHTML cmd/theHTML = theHTML cmd/" /boot/unmenu/990-unmenu-wget.awk

It will remove the "#" at the front of line 465.  You will then see the stream-edit commands being used to edit the file.

When I then save the edited values I see this at the top of the package manager screen (here I was changing the 1 back to a zero)

sed -i "s~||vPrint=1 ||~||vPrint=0||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

I'll be curious to see what it shows on yours.

Joe L.

This is the output that I get.  I am running unRaid version 4.5.4

Not this is what I get when using the ds.removal package...  What is causing this???

sed -i "s~||vPrint=0||~||vPrint=1||~" /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf

I just ran this on another package and it appears to be saving the info to the wrong packages.  for example..

mail scripts gives me this output..

sed -i "s~||vHOURLY_OK=06||~||vHOURLY_OK=06||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vMDCMD_OUT=YES||~||vMDCMD_OUT=YES||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDF_OUT=YES||~||vDF_OUT=YES||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vEMAIL_ADDR=root||~||vEMAIL_ADDR=root||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vTEMP_WARNING=45||~||vTEMP_WARNING=43||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf

Mine shows this:

Mine shows this:

What version of unRAID are you running?

Can you tell me the values you have in the editable fields?

The only other thing you can try that might give more clues is to modify the plug-in file itself to enable a bit of extra stuff to be output to the screen.

You can do that by executing the following command:

sed -i "s/^#theHTML = theHTML cmd/theHTML = theHTML cmd/" /boot/unmenu/990-unmenu-wget.awk

It will remove the "#" at the front of line 465.  You will then see the stream-edit commands being used to edit the file.

When I then save the edited values I see this at the top of the package manager screen (here I was changing the 1 back to a zero)

sed -i "s~||vPrint=1 ||~||vPrint=0||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vDS_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 \* \* \*||~||vUSF_REMOVAL_TIME=40 3 * * *||~" /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf

I'll be curious to see what it shows on yours.

Joe L.

I just ran this on another package and it appears to be saving the info to the wrong packages.  for example..

sed -i "s~||vHOURLY_OK=06||~||vHOURLY_OK=06||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vMDCMD_OUT=YES||~||vMDCMD_OUT=YES||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vDF_OUT=YES||~||vDF_OUT=YES||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vEMAIL_ADDR=root||~||vEMAIL_ADDR=root||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

sed -i "s~||vTEMP_WARNING=45||~||vTEMP_WARNING=43||~" /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf

Let me investigate.  Yes, on your system it is attempting to apply the changes to the wrong file.  Now to figure out why.

If you don't mind, can you show me the output of the following command:

ls -al /boot/packages/*-unmenu-*package*.conf

I think we might be getting closer to the reason you are not seeing values get saved... 

It should not be hard to fix once I understand what is going on.  You will have helped me a lot by working with me to solve this.

Joe L.

Here  you go..

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2545 2008-10-13 17:55 /boot/packages/10-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1487 2008-10-13 20:41 /boot/packages/100-unmenu-apcupsd-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1699 2008-10-13 17:44 /boot/packages/20-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2278 2008-10-13 10:31 /boot/packages/200-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8900 2010-05-14 18:11 /boot/packages/airvideo-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4179 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/apcupsd-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3809 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/apcupsd3-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  965 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/bwm-ng-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2771 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/compiler-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1252 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/cpio-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1345 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/cxxlibs-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1992 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/dmidecode-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3778 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/ds_store_cleanup-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  542 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/file-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  645 2010-05-28 22:44 /boot/packages/gamin-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  973 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/htop-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  914 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/iftop-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1316 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/inotify-tools-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3928 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/istat-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1179 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/jre-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1179 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/lighttpd-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  974 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/lsof-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5134 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/mail-ssmtp-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9564 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/mail_status-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  820 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/md5deep-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1413 2010-05-28 22:45 /boot/packages/midnight_commander-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2167 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/monthly-parity-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5440 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/mysql-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1550 2009-09-22 06:28 /boot/packages/ntfs-3g-2009-3.8-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2280 2010-05-22 23:02 /boot/packages/ntfs-3g-2009-4.4-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2157 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/ntfs-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2190 2010-05-28 15:36 /boot/packages/ntfs-src-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2391 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/openssh-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  790 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/openssl-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  892 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/pciutils-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1688 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/perl-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1787 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/php-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8085 2010-05-28 15:36 /boot/packages/powerdown-overtemp-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1368 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/powerdown_ctlaltdel-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1663 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/proftp-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  886 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/rsync-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1668 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/ruby-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1476 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/screen-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1399 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/smartctl-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1111 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/socat-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3117 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/svn-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4051 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/unraid-swapfile-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3309 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/unraid-web-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  781 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/unrar-unmenu-package.conf*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  902 2010-05-28 15:27 /boot/packages/zip-unmenu-package.conf*

Let me investigate.  Yes, on your system it is attempting to apply the changes to the wrong file.  Now to figure out why.

If you don't mind, can you show me the output of the following command:

ls -al /boot/packages/*-unmenu-*package*.conf

I think we might be getting closer to the reason you are not seeing values get saved... 

It should not be hard to fix once I understand what is going on.  You will have helped me a lot by working with me to solve this.

Joe L.

Sorry to bother but what does this mean?

Downloading ntfs-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf

rev $Revision: 7 $ $Date: 2010-03-29 23:12:23 -0400 (Mon, 29 Mar 2010) $

eeaba181b8a76a1228aea6e93e4f42db != fcf57d580e21d9ac7aba9c9d93cdb87e, /tmp/unmenu_tmp/ntfs-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf not installed

or

root@Dragon-Tower:/boot/unmenu# unmenu_install -u

eeaba181b8a76a1228aea6e93e4f42db != fcf57d580e21d9ac7aba9c9d93cdb87e, /tmp/unmenu_tmp/ntfs-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf not installed

root@Dragon-Tower:/boot/unmenu#

Great work with the new unMENU. I'm still using v1.2 and will update today.

I have one question though:

Are the unRAID Status Alert package (or another package) able to run the Power down script (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Powerdown_script) when the temperature (on any disk) exceeds a user configurable value.

I use unraid_notify that is able to do that now.

There is now a separate installable package for the disk drive overtemp shutdown of the unRAID server.

I made it a separate package so it could perform its check every 5 minutes rather than once an hour.

- If you have the "powerdown" package developed by WeeboTech, it will use it.

- If you do not, and you have a recent version of unRAID with its version of "powerdown" it will use it and if the array is not stopped after 5 minutes it will force a poweroff after attempting to stop the array.

- If you have an older version of unRAID, it will attempt to stop the server cleanly and then use the poweroff command.

There is a configuration variable for an early "Warning" message threshold temperature and a separate "Overtemp Shutdown" threshold.   There is also a variable to set the e-mail address to send those alerts.

Use the check-for-updates button on the user-scripts page to get the new package.

Have fun.

It looks like this:

x51pn6.jpg

Joe L.

Fantastic!!! Thanks again for all the effort you have put into unMENU.

Sorry to bother but what does this mean?

or

root@Dragon-Tower:/boot/unmenu# unmenu_install -u

root@Dragon-Tower:/boot/unmenu#

That usually indicates

"A" something happened during the download to corrupt it.  The md5sum checksum did not match that expected, so it was not installed.  

or

"B" Another possibility, of course, is that I have the wrong checksum in the release_list file. (let me take a look)

It was "C"   I had not checked the newer version of the ntfs-3g-2010.3.6-unmenu-package.conf file into SVN(sorry)

I had not checked into google.code the file with the updated link to the compiled slackware package.  The release_list had the newer checksum. It did not match the older file you downloaded, so it did not install it.

I just fixed it.  Please try the "Check for updates" once more.  It should work this time.  

Joe L.