Can't Change Docker Endpoint from Docker.io

Hey All. 

TLDR: Every image I try to pull down for docker seems to only go to docker.io and I can't seem to find a way to change to any other domain.

I was recently having trouble downloading updates for my docker images.  Docker would say there is an update available but when I tried to download, it wouldn't get very far and come up with the following error:

Error: Tag latest not found in repository docker.io/binhex/arch-plexpass

I have several template repositories saved on Docker and none of them seem to be called when downloading the docker images.  For instance, I added the https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates to the template repositories.  When I click on add container, I can see all of the great templates there, but when I try to install any of them, it only calls docker.io not github, or any other repository.  When I trace the calls to docker.io, I can see a 301 redirect that I believe docker is not following, and even if it did, it would go to docker.com and the images are not there. 

I have been banging my head on this one for a while and can't seem to find any setting or config where docker.io is listed.  Today I stood up a new docker.img to see if that would fix the issue, but it seems to be doing the same thing. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

panospatacos

I have the community applications plugin installed.  I uninstalled and reinstalled (2016.12.31).  I deleted the docker.img file.  I tried to rerun any docker install from container or apps tab and I am still getting the docker.io domain call and the same error.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to set static dns addresses in network settings

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is what I thought.  So I pulled the IP for github and added it for docker.io in the /etc/hosts.  It didn't take.  I would assume it didn't like the host header of docker.io going to github.

So I did a little experimenting.  I had my network adapter DNS order set to 192.168.0.1 --> 8.8.8.8 --> 8.8.4.4.  I changed the order to 8.8.4.4 --> 8.8.8.8 --> 192.168.1.1 (I updated my local subnet)

Now everything comes up fine.  I am not even a novice at Docker so I don't understand why this worked, but now everything is functioning perfectly.  I assume that it tries querying and maybe only uses 1 of the DNS entries and when the Docker query doesn't respond it defaults to docker.io as the domain.  I splunk my local network traffic so I will comb through that to see if anything jumps out and post it here.  But for now I am back in business.