Can't access web GUI on new install

wayner

I am trying to set up a new server for unRAID.  It boots up into unRAID ok but then I am unable to access the web GUI.  The error that I get is "192.168.1.99 refused to connect"  I am able to access the computer from other PCs using telnet or ssh.  I have tried accessing the unRAID machine for multiple PCs running both Chrome and IE.

Yes, the drive is formatted as FAT32.  I have now tried two different USB keys in two different USB slots.  Any other suggestions on what to try.  I tried changing the IP address via DHCP reservation on my router.  I get the exact same issue on either USB key or USB port.

My motherboard is an Asus P8H67M-EVO.  The only thing that is a little weird is that when I go into the boot menu my pressing F8 I see two options for my USB key "Lexar disk" and "UEFI Lexar disk".  Only the non-UEFI one works properly.  But when I go into the Advanced BIOS properties and select the bootable drives only the UEFI USB key option appears.

From your diagnostics it looks like the USB cannot be properly read. I think you must boot non-UEFI for it to work correctly. Are you sure you properly prepared the USB drive? FAT32, Label UNRAID all caps, run make bootable as administrator?

It was FAT32 and I did make bootable as Admin, but the label wasn't "UNRAID", it was "unRAID 624" - could that be causing the issue?

From your diagnostics it looks like the USB cannot be properly read. I think you must boot non-UEFI for it to work correctly. Are you sure you properly prepared the USB drive? FAT32, Label UNRAID all caps, run make bootable as administrator?

It was FAT32 and I did make bootable as Admin, but the label wasn't "UNRAID", it was "unRAID 624" - could that be causing the issue?

Definitely. It won't mount the flash drive unless it has the UNRAID label and so can't read its configuration files or load the webUI.