Is UnRAID Case Sensitive? Duplicate Folders with same name in Share

Hello Everyone,

I created a share called \Downloads. Inside Downloads I have a duplicate folder folder called Incomplete and incomplete.

One was manually created and the other was created by Deluge.

I guess what happened was that I manually created Incomplete, but in deluge set the folder to incomplete and for some reason it decided to create another folder but with a different case.

This is causing some problems with UnRAID (SMB) and is not listing out the contents correctly.

I had to manually delete the duplicate folder using MC.

UPDATE: I see that Linux is case sensitive hence why this is happening: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47808.0 however, it would be nice to be able to turn off case sensitivity.

If you think what case insensitivity means you'll realise what a dreadful kludge it is. Linux's case sensitivity, where each character in a file name has its own fixed value, is the correct way. The problem is with Windows (macOS is also case insensitive by default). At least DOS was properly case insensitive - you typed a file name in either case but on disk it was stored in capitals. More modern OSes preserve case but actively ignore it.