Installing Regular Linux Packages?

Hello, all. This is going to be a very basic question, but is it possible to install regular, non-docker/non-plugin packages on unraid? I want to install Filebot (I know there is a plugin for the CLI and two dockers for the gui), but they both lack the functionality of filebots normal installation. So, long story short, I want to know if there is a way for me to install a regular .ipk or .deb file? Pardon if this question is a bit noobish. Unraid is my first foray into the world of Linux.

Deb files are for debian based distros.

Unraid is based on Slackware, so there's not really a package manager system.  I'm no expert, but the process I think would be to find out all the dependencies for filebot and either download them or if they're not available, build them from source, and then build filebot from source.  In addition to that, I'm not sure Unraid has the ability to display gui apps out the box so you may find you need to recompile the Linux kernel as well, adding support for the modules required.

Not an easy undertaking.  Honestly, probably better off looking at a VM solution if there isn't a docker one that suits your needs.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

That's true, but you still need to do the above, and I'm guessing Filebot isn't native in Slackware, so you're faced with getting it from Slackbuilds or building it yourself from source.  Still got figure out which dependent packages you require.

I can guarantee it won't be as simple as putting a Slackware package in /boot/extra/

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Also, installing packages (especially multiple packages for dependencies) is a great way to break unRaid.  No reason to do this anymore with options for both Dockers and VMs.  For someone that is a newbie to Linux in general, the last thing you should be doing is installing "random" packages into the base unRaid install.