[Support] cheesemarathons repo

I guess its not possible to run 2 dockers on the same br0 host?!

If we get this all working you should really pack this all together in one docker, only thing ppl need to do then is to add the correct DNS Server in their router and set cache options i posted above and they have an extremly powerfull cache solution for 90% of traffic.. :)

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="SteamCacheSnipproxy" --net="br0" --ip="192.168.0.6" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_443"="443" steamcache/sniproxy:latest

5f16e1cbf1e9fc6cc020266f9b2cfb0db47383a0cfab817fb34c509582319ab0
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Address already in use.

Edited by nuhll

The problem now is simply:

The creators of steamcache have all set on one machine, so the origin would work bc it would be the same ip as the steamcache server. But we cant do that, bc unraid uses this ports. So we have to set Steamcache to a different IP and therefore also origin cache (but it seems like unraid/docker dont allow 2 br0 host with the same ip).... hmm how to fix that.

I already switched unraid port 80 to 81, but still, i cant change 443...

Edited by nuhll

Okay, too early. Its working, but its not caching.

So 

ORIGINCACHE_IP

Does work in SteamCacheDNS.

But neither 

STEAMCACHE_IP

nor

LANCACHE_IP

does work in Sniproxy. 

I need a way to tell sniproxy where the steamcache is.

maybe they can help: https://github.com/steamcache/sniproxy/issues/2

So

Windows Update works (atleast as far as i can test with windows 10 np)

Steam, no problem

Elite dangerous (Frontier), no problem

Riot no problem

Battle.net no problem.

Only uplay and origin (both ssl i guess is not working atm)

Edited by nuhll

Okay, no response so far, i guess they wont add it.

Simple solution:

bundle ATLEAST steamcache (not dns) and snipproxy into one docker (best would be all together i guess). I guess Snipproxy redirects at local docker ip.

I add screenshots of all my settings, if u have any questions, feel free to ask:

sipproxy.png

steamcache.png

steamcachedns.png

Edited by nuhll

LANCACHE_IP = Steamcache Docker IP

ORIGINCACHE_IP = SNiPPROXY Docker IP -> i guess SNIPPROXY then redirects to his own IP, which ofc, is not working bc Steamcache is another IP

UPSTREAM_DNS = very important, i use google dns, but i guess any work, if there is no upstream DNS the docker uses your own, which may or may not your own local DNS (loop).

How hard is it to bundle Steamcache, Steamcache DNS and Snipproxy into one docker?

Edited by nuhll
Hey?
Did you got my messages? Could you please combine sip proxy with Steamcache? Atleast only this 2 dockers. (i wrote on picture combine with steamcachedns, which is wrong). It need to be combined snip proxy + steamcache. 
I will attempt to combine the two but I'm no expert and it's not a function supported by docker. Well done changing the ports on unRAID and getting it to work that way. Atleast now we know how it should be configured. I have asked on the forums if there is a way to get two containers running with the same custom IP. No reply yet. Sorry I haven't been on here much, what with Christmas I've been a bit busy. Have a good new year!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not certain if this is expected behaviour, however, when I have steamcache/dns running I can't run vms or my plex server. Is that normal?  Running latest public build. 

Edit: Plex started working after removeing/readding the image using my same config and database (thank God!). Still, if I can't run vm's then the steambox I made on the server can't take advantage of this so it's use to me is rather limited. =(

Edited by Chezro
Not certain if this is expected behaviour, however, when I have steamcache/dns running I can't run vms or my plex server. Is that normal?  Running latest public build. 

Edit: Plex started working after removeing/readding the image using my same config and database (thank God!). Still, if I can't run vm's then the steambox I made on the server can't take advantage of this so it's use to me is rather limited. =(
With the instructions I posted you can't run VM's. Shouldn't affect plex though. However if you setup the DNS container with a custom IP you should be able to run VM's again. It's due to a port conflict within the unRAID software. To change the IP click the name of the container. Change the network type from bridge to br0 then set an IP address in the box that appears. Make sure it is within the range your router would give out. Now set this IP as your DNS server on your gaming machine and you should be good to go. Note: you have to be running unRAID 6.4.0 to have the ability to set custom IP's

On 12/30/2017 at 4:07 AM, cheesemarathon said:

With the instructions I posted you can't run VM's. Shouldn't affect plex though. However if you setup the DNS container with a custom IP you should be able to run VM's again. It's due to a port conflict within the unRAID software. To change the IP click the name of the container. Change the network type from bridge to br0 then set an IP address in the box that appears. Make sure it is within the range your router would give out. Now set this IP as your DNS server on your gaming machine and you should be good to go. Note: you have to be running unRAID 6.4.0 to have the ability to set custom IP's

Ok...so I rebooted. Started steamcache and steamdns, reinstalled plex from a template using my config and then started it. Then started VM's and they are working perfectly as far as I can tell. Steamcache is working along with steamdns and I have yet to observe any issues going on 12+ hours.  o_O''

Edit:Did have a hard freeze after a while gaming but it hasn't happened again. Posting diagnostics. 

tower-diagnostics-20171231-1408.zip

Edited by Chezro
Added Diagnostics
On 31/12/2017 at 2:16 AM, Chezro said:

Ok...so I rebooted. Started steamcache and steamdns, reinstalled plex from a template using my config and then started it. Then started VM's and they are working perfectly as far as I can tell. Steamcache is working along with steamdns and I have yet to observe any issues going on 12+ hours.  o_O''

Edit:Did have a hard freeze after a while gaming but it hasn't happened again. Posting diagnostics. 

tower-diagnostics-20171231-1408.zip

Glad you got it working. Sorry, you had a crash, looked at your logs and am unsure what caused it but I'm by no means an expert. If everything is good again then I wouldn't worry.

Yeah, my server had a "settling period" as it would seem. After a while and a couple reboots everything was back up and running again, vms, dockers and all with steamcache/dns enabled and fully working.  I love this concept too. I have two gaming pc's and I'm constantly futzsing with it so having a cache for my biggest steam downloads is really a life saver. 

My only issue is that I'm limited in bandwidth from my server back to my main pc. The most I've seen it hit is 33MB/s and I have 10 Gig infrastructure. ^_~  The platter it's on is definitely faster than that but I imagine it has something to do with either a setting I haven't found yet or something with compression maybe?  Either way it's still nice to go local instead of web. It really makes gaming/downloading at the same time much easier to get away with. 

Eh... 33MB/s is 300-400 Mbits. Which isnt that bad! Look at the directory, these are very very very very much small files...  i would say, thats a good rate!

Limiting factor.... do you use cache (ssd?). While u download just check the server (CPU?, RAM, HDD, SSD), for 10GBits you also need fast HDDs/SSDs on both ends. - just btw.

Edited by nuhll
Yeah, my server had a "settling period" as it would seem. After a while and a couple reboots everything was back up and running again, vms, dockers and all with steamcache/dns enabled and fully working.  I love this concept too. I have two gaming pc's and I'm constantly futzsing with it so having a cache for my biggest steam downloads is really a life saver. 

My only issue is that I'm limited in bandwidth from my server back to my main pc. The most I've seen it hit is 33MB/s and I have 10 Gig infrastructure. ^_~  The platter it's on is definitely faster than that but I imagine it has something to do with either a setting I haven't found yet or something with compression maybe?  Either way it's still nice to go local instead of web. It really makes gaming/downloading at the same time much easier to get away with. 

The steam cache git hub says "a single 2TB WD Black on an HP Microserver, can achieve peak throughputs of 30MB/s+ using this setup" So it looks like your achieving what the authors have tested is possible. There is an environmental variable CACHE_MEM_SIZE which you could increase which may or may not improve speeds. But like nuhll said you can have a 10Gbit network but without fast disks either end you won't come close to saturating your network.

Hey?
Did you got my messages? Could you please combine sip proxy with Steamcache? Atleast only this 2 dockers. (i wrote on picture combine with steamcachedns, which is wrong). It need to be combined snip proxy + steamcache. 
I'm working on what I think could be a solution for the sniproxy steamcache problem. I'll let you know how I get on when I know more.

7 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

The steam cache git hub says "a single 2TB WD Black on an HP Microserver, can achieve peak throughputs of 30MB/s+ using this setup" So it looks like your achieving what the authors have tested is possible. There is an environmental variable CACHE_MEM_SIZE which you could increase which may or may not improve speeds. But like nuhll said you can have a 10Gbit network but without fast disks either end you won't come close to saturating your network.

Nice. Then yes. I'll look into the CACHE_MEM_SIZE. I have it set to a hard drive that does about 100MB/s atm. I don't want to move all that data to a cache drive but maybe I should unbalance my steam share to my wd black drive if CACHE_MEM_SIZE doesn't work for me. 

Nice. Then yes. I'll look into the CACHE_MEM_SIZE. I have it set to a hard drive that does about 100MB/s atm. I don't want to move all that data to a cache drive but maybe I should unbalance my steam share to my wd black drive if CACHE_MEM_SIZE doesn't work for me. 

You may also want to try reading and writing lots of small files to the same share manually to prove that steamcache is the speed bottleneck

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your work on the Cloud Commander docker. Just installed it and it's quite simple to use.

Just a quick question, is there any easy way to set the username and password?

I see on the official site there's a command line, but I wasn't sure how I'd pass that through to the docker.

7 hours ago, the1poet said:

Thanks for your work on the Cloud Commander docker. Just installed it and it's quite simple to use.

Just a quick question, is there any easy way to set the username and password?

I see on the official site there's a command line, but I wasn't sure how I'd pass that through to the docker.

Yes there is. Once you have it setup, open cloud commander in your browser of choice. Then click the cog at the bottom of the page (or hit F10). In there enable the toggle box for auth and fill in the required fields.

• Upvote 1