[Support] cheesemarathons repo

2 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

I'm not the creator of this docker image. I just created and uploaded the template so we could use it easily in unRAID. However, I have just created an issue on Github asking why there is not an 8.5.0 image available yet. Hopefully, we will get a response soon.

Thanks for letting me know it still hadn't been updated

Cool thanks

Actually I'm still getting issues with 8.5.0. Just tried moving a directory of files from one drive to another and it crashed out before finishing.

Also if I try changing settings it gives an error - seems the appdata directory is empty?

I have logged an issue on github with my error log for the crash part.

Edited by inamak

Hi - with the latest cloudcmd i am not getting any logs and the appdata directory is empty? I also get an error if i try to change any settings in the interface dialog?

Any ideas? Also where is the config file stored?

Edited by inamak
19 hours ago, inamak said:

Hi - with the latest cloudcmd i am not getting any logs and the appdata directory is empty? I also get an error if i try to change any settings in the interface dialog?

Any ideas? Also where is the config file stored?

I have the same issue as you. I have seen your issue on Github and added to it to try to find a solution.

Yeah, i guess its the same way like i did it, but keep me posted. (which is working perfectly for me)

Cooler would be a fix for steam cache, it seems like nginx seperate the downloaded parts by where it was downloaded like

Game part 1 dl1.steam.de

game part 2 dl2.steam.de

game part 3 dl3.steam.de

nginx/dl1.steam.de/part1

nginx/dl2.steam.de/part2

nginx/dl3.steam.de/part3

(so if nexxt time download is only from dl2.steam.de you cant catch the other downloaded parts.... 

i saw a fix for it i will search it.

Edit:

here it is https://github.com/steamcache/steamcache/issues/18

if you could fix that issue, that would be awesome.

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Yeah, i guess its the same way like i did it, but keep me posted. (which is working perfectly for me)

Cooler would be a fix for steam cache, it seems like nginx seperate the downloaded parts by where it was downloaded like

Game part 1 dl1.steam.de

game part 2 dl2.steam.de

game part 3 dl3.steam.de

nginx/dl1.steam.de/part1

nginx/dl2.steam.de/part2

nginx/dl3.steam.de/part3

(so if nexxt time download is only from dl2.steam.de you cant catch the other downloaded parts.... 

i saw a fix for it i will search it.

Edit:

here it is https://github.com/steamcache/steamcache/issues/18

if you could fix that issue, that would be awesome.

nuhll,

The issue you linked looks like it is only applicable to the steam cache image, not the generic cache image. This is explained here

As the cause of this seems unclear still I'm not sure what to do. I think the fix would be beyond me anyway and I'm not the author of the image.

I have not noticed this error as all folders in my cache are just numbered. Where are these nginx/dl1.steam.de/part1 folders located? Within your mounted cache directory?

• 3 weeks later...

I've install the 3 dockers as per the instructions found here: https://squishedmooo.com/?p=1 on 2 different UnRaid servers but I can't seem to get is working :(

This is what I did:

1. Changed the Unraid GUI ports to 8080 and 8443

2. Installed the GenericCache Docker with its default settings

3. Installed the SteamcacheDNS Docker but I first added the IP address of my UnRaid server (192.168.0.99) to the LANCACHE_IP box and left the other settings as default

4. Installed the SNIProxy Docker with its default settings

5. Checked all 3 dockers were running

6. When I run the DNS check from Power Shell on my PC I got the following:

PS C:\Users\Oxide-ZA> Resolve-DnsName www.steampowered.com -server 192.168.0.99
Resolve-DnsName : www.steampowered.com : An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
At line:1 char:1
+ Resolve-DnsName www.steampowered.com -server 192.168.0.99
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (www.steampowered.com:String) [Resolve-DnsName], Win32Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 10054,Microsoft.DnsClient.Commands.ResolveDnsName

If I try resolve with my local DNS server I get:

PS C:\Users\Oxide-ZA> Resolve-DnsName www.steampowered.com -server 192.168.0.1

Name                           Type   TTL   Section    NameHost
----                           ----   ---   -------    --------
www.steampowered.com           CNAME  2535  Answer     steampowered.com

Name       : steampowered.com
QueryType  : A
TTL        : 18
Section    : Answer
IP4Address : 23.42.10.185

Name                   : steampowered.com
QueryType              : SOA
TTL                    : 3600
Section                : Authority
NameAdministrator      : admin-dns.valvesoftware.com
SerialNumber           : 2018041100
TimeToZoneRefresh      : 3600
TimeToZoneFailureRetry : 900
TimeToExpiration       : 2419200
DefaultTTL             : 3600

Here is some extra info:

My exposed ports are: 

steamcachedns 53

sniproxy 443

genericcache 80

My exposed IP addresses are:

steamcachedns (none)

sniproxy 172.17.0.3 (bridge)

genericcache 172.17.0.2 (bridge)

Logs from GenericCache:

nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

Logs from SteamcacheDNS:

Running bootstrap.sh...
Enabling cache for Blizzard
Enabling cache for Frontier
Enabling cache for Origin
Enabling cache for Riot
Enabling cache for Steam
Enabling cache for Uplay
Enabling cache for Windows
Enabling custom DNS forwarder
bootstrap finished.
checking Bind9 config
Running Bind9

Logs from SNIProxy:

2018-04-19 13:47:28 Failed to set file handle limit: Operation not permitted

To me it seems that the SteamcacheDNS Docker is not accepting DNS queries??

Any help would be appreciated :) 

@Oxide

When using the command to check steamcache DNS. You need to supply it with the IP you assigned to the steamcache DNS container at install, not the IP of your unRAID server. So 192.168.0.99 in the command you posted above is wrong according to your example. 

Sorry if that's confusing. It's hard to explain with all the different IP addresses. Let me know if you need it explained further. 

Edited by cheesemarathon

Thanks for the quick reply @cheesemarathon

I changed the default Network Type from "None" to "Bridge" in the SteamcacheDNS configuration and now it's returning the IP of my UnRaid server (192.168.0.99) for steamcache.cs.steampowered.com so looks like it's working now :)

PS C:\Users\Oxide-ZA> Resolve-DnsName steamcache.cs.steampowered.com -server 192.168.0.99

Name                                           Type   TTL   Section    IPAddress
----                                           ----   ---   -------    ---------
steamcache.cs.steampowered.com                 A      600   Answer     192.168.0.99

Name      : cs.steampowered.com
QueryType : NS
TTL       : 600
Section   : Authority
NameHost  : ns1.cs.steampowered.com

ns1.cs.steampowered.com                        A      600   Additional 192.168.0.99

Docker Info:

GenericCache     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.3:80/tcp192.168.0.99:80

SNIProxy     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.2:443/tcp192.168.0.99:443

SteamcacheDNS     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.4:53/udp192.168.0.99:53

6 minutes ago, Oxide said:

Thanks for the quick reply @cheesemarathon

I changed the default Network Type from "None" to "Bridge" in the SteamcacheDNS configuration and now it's returning the IP of my UnRaid server (192.168.0.99) for steamcache.cs.steampowered.com so looks like it's working now :)

PS C:\Users\Oxide-ZA> Resolve-DnsName steamcache.cs.steampowered.com -server 192.168.0.99

Name                                           Type   TTL   Section    IPAddress
----                                           ----   ---   -------    ---------
steamcache.cs.steampowered.com                 A      600   Answer     192.168.0.99

Name      : cs.steampowered.com
QueryType : NS
TTL       : 600
Section   : Authority
NameHost  : ns1.cs.steampowered.com

ns1.cs.steampowered.com                        A      600   Additional 192.168.0.99

Docker Info:

GenericCache     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.3:80/tcp192.168.0.99:80

SNIProxy     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.2:443/tcp192.168.0.99:443

SteamcacheDNS     up-to-date    bridge    172.17.0.4:53/udp192.168.0.99:53

No problem 

I'm glad it's working 

Let me know if you have any more issues 

• Like 1

Hi. Trying to get this all working on 6.5.0 . Followed instructions on https://squishedmooo.com/?p=1 and running all three dockers. When using on gaming machine, it returns unraid ip .1.98 and when checking on docker exec -it cache-steam tail -f /data/logs/access.log in terminal I get dns inquires and misses, but no data is downloaded or transferred to the machine. If I select that service to be disabled, it downloads perfectly. I've tried default installed directories into cache and then moved into /steamcache/ share. Any help would be appreciated. 

config snapshots 

5adcabbf838e1_ScreenShot2018-04-22at10_56_30AM.thumb.png.552e56ea87a60f98c69cc9c55481b32c.png

5adcabccee925_ScreenShot2018-04-22at10_57_48AM.thumb.png.0130e8ad09e12129d09b0e9ac9d4af27.png5adcabc501fd2_ScreenShot2018-04-22at10_57_03AM.thumb.png.78937b4739b75b01a22f3b788861890f.png

@burningstarIV

I'm sorry you're having problems. Thanks for all the info and screenshots. It really helps!

First of all is the gaming machine not downloading anything? Or is there nothing appearing in your /mnt/user/steamcache folder. Or both?

It looks like the containers are all set up correctly and that is proved by the logs. I would suggest that in the DNS container you reenable the services you have disabled. (remove the word true and leave blank). That might cause issues as I have not tested that function much.

Also, check the permissions and ownership of the /mnt/user/steamcache folder. Mine is owned by root with 777 permissions. Change yours to match and see if that changes things.

If none of that works we can have another look.

Thanks for responding - I think it is some permission thing, I wasn't ever able to browse the \cache\ folder. I ran tools \ new permissions on that folder and fixed that but still wouldn't cache. Deleted the folder and started new. Remapped to the docker to add cache folder. Still doesn't work. Tracked down the file permissions, but not sure how to go about changing. If you could lead me in that direction ill try that . 5adcd9e1f2059_ScreenShot2018-04-22at2_41_41PM.png.339963b335666bffbf5ca51b7174ca52.png5adcda54e8573_ScreenShot2018-04-22at2_53_45PM.png.1291bc0840032a2e0944387e10b695f1.png

Edited by burningstarIV
15 minutes ago, burningstarIV said:

Thanks for responding - I think it is some permission thing, I wasn't ever able to browse the \cache\ folder. I ran tools \ new permissions on that folder and fixed that but still wouldn't cache. Deleted the folder and started new. Remapped to the docker to add cache folder. Still doesn't work. Tracked down the file permissions, but not sure how to go about changing. If you could lead me in that direction ill try that . 5adcd9e1f2059_ScreenShot2018-04-22at2_41_41PM.png.339963b335666bffbf5ca51b7174ca52.png5adcda54e8573_ScreenShot2018-04-22at2_53_45PM.png.1291bc0840032a2e0944387e10b695f1.png

Run the following command

chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/steamcache

That will set the steamcache and all folders and files inside it to 777.

I don't recommend leaving it as that but it will help identify if that's the issue. You can reduce the permissions with the same command once it's fixed. 

13 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Run the following command

chmod -R 777 /mnt/user/steamcache

That will set the steamcache and all folders and files inside it to 777.

I don't recommend leaving it as that but it will help identify if that's the issue. You can reduce the permissions with the same command once it's fixed. 

Ok i've run that and removed all the '- - -' Also removed all the exceptions for cached servers.  Feel like its gotta be something simple but just not sure. For the clients, Im only using the steam cache server for dns w/ no additional entries. Changed its dns as I was getting spotty results with it now. New dns pinging fine 

heres what the log looks like now - but still doesn't seem to be passing through data. Some of the previous posts show green/red/yellow .. but all I ever get is white. 

5adce22a128f7_ScreenShot2018-04-22at3_25_36PM.thumb.png.8e42b736a609facc1888481c385afb13.png