[Support] cheesemarathons repo

Got it all set up and working, but I'm having issues with slow speeds at the moment.

With the very first Steam game I downloaded/deleted/downloaded, it was very small, about 600MB.

I was getting around 55MBs at peak, but, it started slower and then gradually increased, it was downloaded within seconds.

Since then I seem to be maxing out at about 15/20MBs.

(My internet for comparison is about 30/35Mbps, or about 4MBs).

Any idea what the issue may be?

I have 20x4TB Seagate drives. A 1TB cache drive. And also a 1TB SSD (that I install apps/dockers too).

I just used the default options when installing the docker, and I believe that points to the array. So the logs are on the array and not the SSD. Could that be an issue?

Specs wise, I have a 'Xeon E3-1240 V3' and 8GB of RAM (500MB allocated to the docker).

Other dockers, are Sabnzb (not been in use when I was testing this), Plex (also wasn't being used), along with Radarr, Sonarr and Plexpy.

6 hours ago, Jawswing said:

Got it all set up and working, but I'm having issues with slow speeds at the moment.

With the very first Steam game I downloaded/deleted/downloaded, it was very small, about 600MB.

I was getting around 55MBs at peak, but, it started slower and then gradually increased, it was downloaded within seconds.

Since then I seem to be maxing out at about 15/20MBs.

(My internet for comparison is about 30/35Mbps, or about 4MBs).

Any idea what the issue may be?

I have 20x4TB Seagate drives. A 1TB cache drive. And also a 1TB SSD (that I install apps/dockers too).

I just used the default options when installing the docker, and I believe that points to the array. So the logs are on the array and not the SSD. Could that be an issue?

Specs wise, I have a 'Xeon E3-1240 V3' and 8GB of RAM (500MB allocated to the docker).

Other dockers, are Sabnzb (not been in use when I was testing this), Plex (also wasn't being used), along with Radarr, Sonarr and Plexpy.

Try changing your settings so that it points to your ssd to store the cache. Although that will limit the size of the cache quite a bit. That still seems unusually slow though. Try writing lots of small files to the array to test the write speeds.

I guess thats normal behaivior. Thats why i removed the cache. Also you should really really put the cache on ssd like cheese said.

You have game which install at 1gbits. Then you have some half is 1gbits and the other half is slower and then youve also get games which you download slower then your internet speed would be...

The problem might be that steam cuts the files sometimes at different points, so you hit the cache sometime more often and sometimes not, even if you remove and insatll the same game over and over again... this also might happen if you get other mirrors (but i think thats fixxed)

I dont know a fix for it, i removed my cache after 3 years when my internet got upgraded bc i couldnt even download full speed (in comp. to my internet speeds)

Edited by nuhll

Maybe someone can help me on this steamcache.

i have it setup running smoothly 

set the dns on the pc to the ip for the docker 

run the command to read the access logs 

download a game it shows miss

download is finished 

uninstall redownload 

go back to the logs and it says nothing but the previous miss

and downloads again from steam itself 

so any help would be awesome!

also I have a pfsense router if that makes any difference just in case I need to change something on that level for this to work correctly 

11 hours ago, xleejohnx said:

Maybe someone can help me on this steamcache.

i have it setup running smoothly 

set the dns on the pc to the ip for the docker 

run the command to read the access logs 

download a game it shows miss

download is finished 

uninstall redownload 

go back to the logs and it says nothing but the previous miss

and downloads again from steam itself 

so any help would be awesome!

also I have a pfsense router if that makes any difference just in case I need to change something on that level for this to work correctly 

Are cache files being created in the mounted cache directory? What platform is this, steam, uplay, origin?

1 hour ago, cheesemarathon said:

Are cache files being created in the mounted cache directory? What platform is this, steam, uplay, origin?

There are files in the cache folder but no saved game data. 

but it is saying hit now on downloads

And for now I’m just working on steam 

Edited by xleejohnx

Hello! When I'm starting the container, I'm getting this error:

Running bootstrap.sh...
2018/09/06 22:06:10 [emerg] 10#10: invalid keys zone size "keys_zone=generic:2g" in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/generic.conf:1
nginx: [emerg] invalid keys zone size "keys_zone=generic:2g" in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/generic.conf:1
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Any clue how to fix this?

I just added the Bitwarden Docker and I'm having some strange behavior with Chrome 69.0.3497.81

I could not create a new account after initial setup using Chrome, the 'Submit' button did not work.

I could create a new account and login using IE 11, trying to log into Chrome gives the following error in a red popup with a lightening bolt:

An error has occoured. Cannot Read property 'importkey' of null

Any ideas why Chrome is acting weird?

4 hours ago, mostlydave said:

I just added the Bitwarden Docker and I'm having some strange behavior with Chrome 69.0.3497.81

I could not create a new account after initial setup using Chrome, the 'Submit' button did not work.

I could create a new account and login using IE 11, trying to log into Chrome gives the following error in a red popup with a lightening bolt:

An error has occoured. Cannot Read property 'importkey' of null

Any ideas why Chrome is acting weird?

I've been fighting the same issue for weeks, but didn't realize Chrome was to blame. Tried IE11 and sure enough works without issue. i can also connect via the mobile app without issue, so something is definitely up.

also, interestingly enough, the Bitwarden addin for Chrome works fine, just not the web interface.

Edited by Tweak3D
On 9/6/2018 at 8:14 PM, megabitus said:

Hello! When I'm starting the container, I'm getting this error:

Running bootstrap.sh...
2018/09/06 22:06:10 [emerg] 10#10: invalid keys zone size "keys_zone=generic:2g" in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/generic.conf:1
nginx: [emerg] invalid keys zone size "keys_zone=generic:2g" in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/generic.conf:1
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Any clue how to fix this?

Which app is this with?

@Tweak3D@mostlydave

It's well known issue

TL/DR: this is a problem when running over HTTP on chrome and its a problem upstream. Looks like it's just unsupported and wont fix.
The issue is in the Vault to be specific.

I'm running my bitwarden behind a reverse proxy that forces all traffic through HTTPS. This fixes the issue in Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106
6 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

I have bitwarden working with letsencrypt but I had to change from the server name to the local IP in the config file, is this normal?

Do you mean in your reverse proxy config? If so, I have always used my IP in my configs rather than host name, so I'm not sure. However that should be affected by your lets encrypt and network setup not the bitwarden container.

1 minute ago, cheesemarathon said:

Do you mean in your reverse proxy config? If so, I have always used my IP in my configs rather than host name, so I'm not sure. However that should be affected by your lets encrypt and network setup not the bitwarden container.

I did mean my proxy config, and it's working great with the IP so I'm not worrying about it. Thanks for making the bitwarden container available!