[Support] cheesemarathons repo

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Jclendineng said:

Does the bitwarden docker support fail2ban? Whats stopping people from brute forcing the login page?

It looks like this is something that has come up before. There is nothing official supporting fail to ban, however, login attempts are written to the logs. So you should be able to use the logs with fail2ban. This is discussed in detail here. I have not set this up myself and have little experience with fail2ban, but shout if you need some help. The GitHub issue discusses setting it up with docker but not UnRAID which may make it harder or easier in place. I don't know, but do let me know how you get on. I can always create some instructions for others if we get this working. Good luck!

Thought I'd post this here as it might be useful to some.  I worte a brief guide on how to setup bitwarden with a reverse proxy using our LetsEncrypt container.  It's on the LinuxServer.io blog.  It's directed at docker from a command line perspective, but Unraid makes it easier with @cheesemarathon's template. (I've submitted a PR to your repo for some template changes cheesemarathon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, defiant said:

can anyone explain how i can use the awawis fork for the comcast dns issue?  

You would have to pull the repo, build the docker image from the dockerfile and then change the repository name in the unraid ui to the tag you gave the image when  you built it. That should work provided no breaking changes were made. But thats not super simple, so @mlebjerg how far have you got with pulling those changes into the main repo?

On 1/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, cheesemarathon said:

The update is live!

I must be doing something wrong.  when I install it I get:

2019/01/30 21:49:34 main.go:99: ERROR: failed to load config file /etc/oauth2/oauth2_proxy.cfg - open /etc/oauth2/oauth2_proxy.cfg: no such file or directory

when I look in the directory where oauth2 is installed it is empty.  Nothing got installed.

15 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

I must be doing something wrong.  when I install it I get:

2019/01/30 21:49:34 main.go:99: ERROR: failed to load config file /etc/oauth2/oauth2_proxy.cfg - open /etc/oauth2/oauth2_proxy.cfg: no such file or directory

when I look in the directory where oauth2 is installed it is empty.  Nothing got installed.

If your updating there should be no issues. If it's a fresh install then see the updated instructions here!

Hello, thank you for your work.
I am new to unraid, I managed to make your image work, but when transferring to a client with the files already cached, the CPU usage of my unraid server is close to 100%, but I do not know where it comes from, the CPU usage read by docker is only 3%, and when I connect in SSH and I monitore the use CPU with htop, it is very weak too ...
This CPU usage is due to the OS unraid or the docker image?
Maybe I'm bottleneck by my CPU configuration?

I am attaching you, the screenshots that I was able to read and the diagnostic file.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my average english, I am french. 😉

My configuration :

- i5 2300

- 8go DDR3

- 2x4TO WD Red Pro

- Samsung 850 evo 250go

Diagnostic file

unproxfr-diagnostics-20190202-1435.zip

1997164156_UNRAIDCPU.PNG.637d868102355ff3f927c132a969a7a3.PNG

1543142329_DockerCPU.thumb.PNG.833120bda10035ae3e4de25115102887.PNG

1387643318_HTOPCPU.thumb.PNG.58f078c79a48ae2053b1b99e4e0a2306.PNG

806460871_DiskUsage.thumb.PNG.7aacacf69e3dbfacfe152d4b52558f0c.PNG

CONF.thumb.PNG.03226bef0da527eae2922abb522432ff.PNG

Edited by ProxFR26
On 2/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, ProxFR26 said:

Hello, thank you for your work.
I am new to unraid, I managed to make your image work, but when transferring to a client with the files already cached, the CPU usage of my unraid server is close to 100%, but I do not know where it comes from, the CPU usage read by docker is only 3%, and when I connect in SSH and I monitore the use CPU with htop, it is very weak too ...
This CPU usage is due to the OS unraid or the docker image?
Maybe I'm bottleneck by my CPU configuration?

I am attaching you, the screenshots that I was able to read and the diagnostic file.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my average english, I am french. 😉

My configuration :

- i5 2300

- 8go DDR3

- 2x4TO WD Red Pro

- Samsung 850 evo 250go

Diagnostic file

unproxfr-diagnostics-20190202-1435.zip

1997164156_UNRAIDCPU.PNG.637d868102355ff3f927c132a969a7a3.PNG

1543142329_DockerCPU.thumb.PNG.833120bda10035ae3e4de25115102887.PNG

1387643318_HTOPCPU.thumb.PNG.58f078c79a48ae2053b1b99e4e0a2306.PNG

806460871_DiskUsage.thumb.PNG.7aacacf69e3dbfacfe152d4b52558f0c.PNG

CONF.thumb.PNG.03226bef0da527eae2922abb522432ff.PNG

Hmm that is very strange! If that first screenshot was taken at the same time as your ran htop then I would say that the dashboard is doing something wrong. I suggest you install Netdata from community applications. This will show you a lot of useful stats for diagnosing issues. Overall statistics and stats are broken down to individual containers.

19 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Hmm that is very strange! If that first screenshot was taken at the same time as your ran htop then I would say that the dashboard is doing something wrong. I suggest you install Netdata from community applications. This will show you a lot of useful stats for diagnosing issues. Overall statistics and stats are broken down to individual containers.

I downloaded netdata and the CPU is 100% ... I don't know where it can come from at all. Maybe you need more accurate screenshots?
Thanks for your help!

netstat.thumb.PNG.d9208af77dabdc6bf521810ed6132c5f.PNG

1742594067_USAGEUSER.thumb.PNG.74ef105eaad7a572940d757a12c3bcb4.PNG

14 hours ago, ProxFR26 said:

I downloaded netdata and the CPU is 100% ... I don't know where it can come from at all. Maybe you need more accurate screenshots?
Thanks for your help!

netstat.thumb.PNG.d9208af77dabdc6bf521810ed6132c5f.PNG

1742594067_USAGEUSER.thumb.PNG.74ef105eaad7a572940d757a12c3bcb4.PNG

I'm not an expert in system stats but by the looks of things, your system usage is high because of IO wait. This is the system waiting for input/output operations to complete. If in netdata on the right hand side you click on steamcache, I would imagine you will see nearly 100% cpu usage on this container. To fix this there are several things you can look at. One of your disks may have an issue with it, slowing down read/write operations, you may also be running low on RAM in the system. I have not seen this issue before with Steamcache so I don't think that it is anything specific to steam cache causing an issue, it has just highlighted the problem. When building a NAS IOWait is an issue because most the of the applications you use a NAS for will at some point perform large read/write operations to disks. So I suggest that you do some googling to find a solution as there is no deffinitive fix for this. If you do need more help however, just ask! 🙂

9 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

I'm not an expert in system stats but by the looks of things, your system usage is high because of IO wait. This is the system waiting for input/output operations to complete. If in netdata on the right hand side you click on steamcache, I would imagine you will see nearly 100% cpu usage on this container. To fix this there are several things you can look at. One of your disks may have an issue with it, slowing down read/write operations, you may also be running low on RAM in the system. I have not seen this issue before with Steamcache so I don't think that it is anything specific to steam cache causing an issue, it has just highlighted the problem. When building a NAS IOWait is an issue because most the of the applications you use a NAS for will at some point perform large read/write operations to disks. So I suggest that you do some googling to find a solution as there is no deffinitive fix for this. If you do need more help however, just ask! 🙂

Thank you for your answer, it's a pleasure to speak with people like you!
I will study the problems of iowait to find a solution.
The only thing that is used at about 100% is the iowait. I can't find anything else in netdata ...
Thanks again! 😉

445779650_SteamcacheCPU.thumb.PNG.f5e930d4ad5e4cf4e785fcc94153c2fd.PNG

14 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I'm trying to get OAuth2Proxy working. It says it's listening on 4180 but I can't seem to connect to it.

Have you followed the installation instructions? They were recently updated. When you browse to http://<unRAID-IP>:4180 you should see:image.png.b043aae6301fd324245c4b1efee3edd7.png

If this is not the case, can you post the logs from the container. Hopefully, that will shed some light on the issue.

It would be nice to add support for Apple updates in Steamcache docker.

I managed to add it via "hacking" the existing configurations, if you plan to add it to the docker this is what i did to make it work:

bootstrap.sh mod:

Add after

if [ -z "$WINDOWSCACHE_IP" ] && ! [ "$DISABLE_WINDOWS" = "true" ]; then
			WINDOWSCACHE_IP=$LANCACHE_IP
		fi

This piece:

if [ -z "$APPLECACHE_IP" ] && ! [ "$DISABLE_APPLE" = "true" ]; then
			APPLECACHE_IP=$LANCACHE_IP
		fi

Add this after ## windows section

## apple
if ! [ -z "$WINDOWSCACHE_IP" ]; then
	echo "Enabling cache for apple"
	cp /etc/bind/cache/apple/template.db.apple /etc/bind/cache/apple/db.apple
	sed -i -e "s%{{ applecache_ip }}%$APPLECACHE_IP%g" /etc/bind/cache/apple/db.apple
	sed -i -e "s%#ENABLE_APPLE#%%g" /etc/bind/cache.conf
fi

Add this in /etc/bind/cache.conf at the end of the file

## APPLE
zone "swcdn.apple.com" in { type master; file "/etc/bind/cache/apple/db.apple"; };

Add a folder named "apple" in /etc/bind/cache

Create 2 files in this folder:

db.apple (the 10.0.0.10 ip would change automatically on docker boot, thats my ip for the cache docker)

$TTL	600
@		IN	SOA	ns1 dns.steamcache.net. (
			600 )
@		IN	NS	ns1
ns1		IN	A	10.0.0.10

@		IN	A	10.0.0.10

template.db.apple

$TTL	600
@		IN	SOA	ns1 dns.steamcache.net. (
			600 )
@		IN	NS	ns1
ns1		IN	A	{{ applecache_ip }}

@		IN	A	{{ applecache_ip }}

to enable the apple cache i just added "-e APPLECACHE_IP=youripnumber" in advanced view in docker edit/install in the extra parameters

The complete modding requires mapping folders and copy files with correct permissions because of the docker resetting files when updating. If you are interested in testing it i can write it down but it would be faster if it is implemented in the docker directly instead.

Thats my 2 cents. I just needed to add apple update caching on top of windows updates in a mixed evironment and i didnt want to create another docker just for that. I hope that this will be usefull and maybe be implemented.