[Support] cheesemarathons repo

On 3/14/2019 at 7:39 AM, jginzkey said:

I have two questions.

First I am unable to confirm if the SteamCacheBundle is working on UnRaid. I followed this guide https://squishedmooo.com/the-new-and-easier-all-in-one-steamcache/. When I ssh into my server and run the logs with "docker exec -it SteamCacheBundle tail -f /data/logs/access.log" nothing happens in the terminal. What can I do to confirm that the files are actually being cached correctly?

Second, is there a way to add IP's to the docker template to open up steams throughput as described here https://github.com/steamcache/monolithic under "Tuning your cache".

Have you run 

Resolve-DnsName steamcache.cs.steampowered.com -server X.X.X.X

To make sure that the container is up and running. Replace X.X.X.X with the IP of your unRAID machine.

Make sure you have set your DNS settings on your gaming machine. Windows instructions here!

Then try tail your logs again. There should be things in there even if your download is failing.

18 hours ago, chris2015 said:

I am having problems with UPLAY and have noticed a few posts that mention the problem but cant find anything after theses, is this still an issue or has this been fixed?

If you're having the issue then it still unfortunately exists. @mlebjerg is working on a new version of this container that should fix a large number of the previous issues. Hopefully, you can wait for that to be released.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, FAssan said:

I am getting almost 50% miss when reinstalling a game, is this normal beahviour?

I have the CACHE_DISK_SIZE: 100000g

The game I am testing with is 4.6 GB

Unfortunately yes. With the current version of the cache, it can take several downloads for it to cache fully. A new version of the cache is being worked on. @mlebjerg How go's your work with the new version

• Like 1

So I installed this today and got it kind of working... I hit 2 problems so far, which one is, unfortunately, is a deal breaker.

So my main problem is that on steam, without cache I download the test game at 15-20 MB/s (250mbits down).

With the cache, speed goes to 4-8 MB/s the first time and hits 100-170 MB/s while reinstalling.  (3gb game, 5gb ram cache size, 2tb cache size and 10gbit network from the server to PC)

How do I fix the initial first download speed to be the same as while not using the cache at all?

My second (small problem) is that it seems not to work with battle.net? I tried both Hearthstone, WoW, and Starcraft and neither goes over the cache? 

Best Regards

Edited by AndreasLindroth
11 hours ago, AndreasLindroth said:

So I installed this today and got it kind of working... I hit 2 problems so far, which one is, unfortunately, is a deal breaker.

So my main problem is that on steam, without cache I download the test game at 15-20 MB/s (250mbits down).

With the cache, speed goes to 4-8 MB/s the first time and hits 100-170 MB/s while reinstalling.  (3gb game, 5gb ram cache size, 2tb cache size and 10gbit network from the server to PC)

How do I fix the initial first download speed to be the same as while not using the cache at all?

My second (small problem) is that it seems not to work with battle.net? I tried both Hearthstone, WoW, and Starcraft and neither goes over the cache? 

Best Regards

Hi Andreas

Unfortunately the drop in download speed is just a function of the current caching system. There is no fix or work around at the moment. However, @mlebjerg is working on a new version that should fix a large number of bugs. However, both @mlebjerg and I have been rather busy with school and work, so it's taking a while to get together. Sorry about this.

As for battle net, have you made sure that in the container settings, battle net is NOT disabled?

1 hour ago, cheesemarathon said:

Hi Andreas

Unfortunately the drop in download speed is just a function of the current caching system. There is no fix or work around at the moment. However, @mlebjerg is working on a new version that should fix a large number of bugs. However, both @mlebjerg and I have been rather busy with school and work, so it's taking a while to get together. Sorry about this.

As for battle net, have you made sure that in the container settings, battle net is NOT disabled?

Okey awesome, ill be waiting for the new update then! 

As for battle net i'm sure it is not disabled, but it might be something with the dns record i guess.. I will keep trying abit later on tonight!

Thanks

Question regarding Bitwarden---I can see there's a bitwarden_rs here that's forked from the one by dani_garcia.  The one by dani_garcia has a Duo version that's what I can only assume is working towards adding the Duo functionality (I'm not a GitHub/programmer so it's mostly Greek to me) but curious if there are plans to ever have Duo working in the Unraid published version?  I've subscribed to Bitwarden but would rather host it myself and using Duo would be really nice.

6 hours ago, talmania said:

Question regarding Bitwarden---I can see there's a bitwarden_rs here that's forked from the one by dani_garcia.  The one by dani_garcia has a Duo version that's what I can only assume is working towards adding the Duo functionality (I'm not a GitHub/programmer so it's mostly Greek to me) but curious if there are plans to ever have Duo working in the Unraid published version?  I've subscribed to Bitwarden but would rather host it myself and using Duo would be really nice.

This uses a docker image built from dani_garcia's repo, so any changes/improvements that get made there will appear in an update here. So in short, if and when Duo support arrives, it will be supported here on unRAID

5 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

This uses a docker image built from dani_garcia's repo, so any changes/improvements that get made there will appear in an update here. So in short, if and when Duo support arrives, it will be supported here on unRAID

Thanks Cheese!!  Great to hear--appreciate your work!

I’ve been having an issue where your OAuth2Proxy container always has an update available but there actually is none. I’ve tried starting from scratch by creating a new docker.img file, which has fixed this kind of thing in the past. Then every night when the updater runs it attempts an update. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I’ve been having an issue where your OAuth2Proxy container always has an update available but there actually is none. I’ve tried starting from scratch by creating a new docker.img file, which has fixed this kind of thing in the past. Then every night when the updater runs it attempts an update. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh, sorry about that. I think it's due to the fact that the image is not hosted on docker hub. When the check for update script runs, I would image it only compares the current image to whatever is on docker hub. As those don't match it says that an update exists even though it doesn't. As I don't maintain the image, there is nothing I can do about this. All I can suggest is turning it off automatic updates, so it doesn't attempt an update all the time. And just updating it manually periodically. You can check for updates by seeing when the latest tag was last updated here

However, updating it every night shouldn't cause any issues apart from a few mins of downtime. It's a little annoying but it won't break anything

Edited by cheesemarathon
16 hours ago, talmania said:

Another question for cheesemarathon or others:  how are you backing up Bitwarden?  I've read multiple GitHub recommendations but a lot of them refer to pulling in a docker that contains the sqlite3 bits etc.  Wondering how you would recommend backups cheese?  Thanks!

All info for the bitwarden is stored in your appdata folder. All I am doing is backing up my entire appdata folder every day using duplicati. However, you could use this image to create incremental backups of the sqlite database. In theory if you backup the app data folder whilst data is being written to the database you could create a corrupted backup, hence the need for the additional container to run the sqlite backup command. However, im the only user on my instance and I run my backups late at night so it's not been an issue for me. Yet...

The OAuth2Proxy container is always stuck in "Update Ready" status, not experiencing issues with any of my other containers.  I've tried updating, re-installing, with no luck.  It does work however, which is the most important thing :)  It's been like this for some time now, dating back to 6.6.

Thought I would post to see if anyone had an idea what may be going on.  Currently on 6.7.0-RC7.

Thanks.

Edited by jbear
14 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

All info for the bitwarden is stored in your appdata folder. All I am doing is backing up my entire appdata folder every day using duplicati. However, you could use this image to create incremental backups of the sqlite database. In theory if you backup the app data folder whilst data is being written to the database you could create a corrupted backup, hence the need for the additional container to run the sqlite backup command. However, im the only user on my instance and I run my backups late at night so it's not been an issue for me. Yet...

thanks cheese!! 

22 hours ago, jbear said:

The OAuth2Proxy container is always stuck in "Update Ready" status, not experiencing issues with any of my other containers.  I've tried updating, re-installing, with no luck.  It does work however, which is the most important thing :)  It's been like this for some time now, dating back to 6.6.

Thought I would post to see if anyone had an idea what may be going on.  Currently on 6.7.0-RC7.

Thanks.

See here:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thank you for this Docker but since i've installed it (in combination with PiHole) i've discovered that Windows Update isn't working anymore.

So my first step was to disable Windows Updated Caching inside the docker with the value 'true' but it seems that this value doesn't work.

My second step was to disable PiHole and try it again but still the same, Windows Update isn't working.

Can you please help me, i don't want to disable the docker every time and then search manually for updates.

The logs are not really helpful since there is no error.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, Masterism said:

Hello, I've downloaded and setup the steam cache container and so far it works great. My question is I want to have webmin run inside the container so I can more easily set up domains on my local network such as example.lab. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

I'm a little bit confused as to what it is exactly you want to do. You can't really setup webmin inside the container. What is it exactly your trying to achieve?

What do you mean by "set up domains on my local network such as example.lab"?

Also, sorry for taking ages to reply 😝