[Support] cheesemarathons repo

On 1/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, TDA said:

Hello;
I've a question about Bitwarden, since the one of your repo is flagged as deprecated.

How can I migrate from the deprecated one to the new one?

Thanks in advice 🙂

Not 100% sure if this is the best way to do it or not, but here is what I did to migrate to the bitwardenrs docker

!!!!! Stop your existing bitwarden docker and then make a backup of your existing bitwarden appdata folder !!!!!

I did this using the unraid web terminal as follows:

• cd /mnt/user/appdata/
  • tar -cvzf bw.tgz /mnt/user/appdata/bitwarden

Copy that tgz file to at least 3 places. You should see it in the root of your appdata share.

Now that you've backed up your precious bitwarden data, let's do the migration.

Go to CA and open the template to install the bitwardenrs docker

Y8eDv2C.thumb.png.7004032fdf96c76c6af2dea9e8abe1c7.png

1. set the webui port to the same port you had previously used for bitwarden.
  2. make sure the appdata folder matches your old appdata folder
  3. set your server admin email address
  4. lastly, set your admin token with a long random string. I used 'openssl rand -base64 48' to make the string.

You should be able to hit Apply now and it should create the new docker for you.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ndaringer
fixed an error with the screenshot
  • Thanks 1
On 1/12/2020 at 7:40 AM, ndaringer said:

Not 100% sure if this is the best way to do it or not, but here is what I did to migrate to the bitwardenrs docker

!!!!! Stop your existing bitwarden docker and then make a backup of your existing bitwarden appdata folder !!!!!

• cd /mnt/user/appdata/

Copy that tgz file to at least 3 places. You should see it in the root of your appdata share.

4. lastly, set your admin token with a long random string. I used 'openssl rand -base64 48' to make the string.

You should be able to hit Apply now and it should create the new docker for you.

Hope this helps.

This worked for me. Thanks. 👍

On 1/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, Coolsaber57 said:

Thanks for all the help, I'll definitely have to reference the reverse proxy config.  My issue is that I can't seem to set anything up.  I go to the web UI and can't create an account (when I try, it just sits there - do I need to enable Signups temporarily?).  I'm pretty much starting from scratch so I'm just not sure how to get my account going.

Edit: So I think I started to figure it out: I enabled the SMTP server stuff (w/ a gmail account) and invited myself to create an account.  When I created an account this way, I was able to do it. 

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the Duo stuff to work and creating logins in general.

We’re you able to get bitwarden to work? I can’t create an account. Do you have to enable smtp in order to get this to work?

On 1/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, ndaringer said:

• cd /mnt/user/appdata/

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

It worked perfectly.

My only doubt though, is why on earth is the ADMIN_TOKEN mandatory?
I don't want the ADMIN CONSOLE to be available all the time - only when needed, like with the "old" version...

Since the ADMIN CONSOLE doesn't support 2FA; it would be better to be able to disable it when it's not needed.

Edited by TDA
On 1/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, ndaringer said:

• cd /mnt/user/appdata/

Hope this helps.

This is exactly what you should do! Thanks for the excellent instructions! 

1 hour ago, TDA said:

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

It worked perfectly.

My only doubt though, is why on earth is the ADMIN_TOKEN mandatory?
I don't want the ADMIN CONSOLE to be available all the time - only when needed, like with the "old" version...

Since the ADMIN CONSOLE doesn't support 2FA; it would be better to be able to disable it when it's not needed.

Regarding the admin thing. That's a question for the new bitwarden_rs maintainers. I no longer maintain the template, hence the depreciation notice. Follow the support link in the new template

2 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

We’re you able to get bitwarden to work? I can’t create an account. Do you have to enable smtp in order to get this to work?

I have bitwarden working with the newest template without SMTP. I suggest you follow the support link to the github repo. The wiki there has a lot of info which should help. Otherwise open an issue on github for some help as i no longer maintain this template. 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:36 AM, administrator said:

Cloud Commander has the best UI of the file managers I've tried.

Is there anyway to password protect the web access from curious users?

Open Cloud Commander, click the settings cog button and at the top. Enable auth and set a username & password. 

If your using a reverse proxy to access remotely, you can add auth to that instead if you want. several options like a htaccess file or Oauth2proxy

Edited by cheesemarathon
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

I have bitwarden working with the newest template without SMTP. I suggest you follow the support link to the github repo. The wiki there has a lot of info which should help. Otherwise open an issue on github for some help as i no longer maintain this template. 

I was in there and i got confuse. I got it to work with smtp. Now i have to figure out the Letsencrypt. Thank you.

Guys i have a quick bitwarden question

I have set up the docker container and the reverse proxy to it. 

I also created an account and i can log in. 

However when trying to use the chrome extension what changes do i need to make ?? I have pointed to my self hosted address but i have this errors. 

Failed to construct 'Request': Failed to parse URL from https://:bitwarden.xxxxxx.com/api/accounts/prelogin

3 minutes ago, shremi said:

Guys i have a quick bitwarden question

I have set up the docker container and the reverse proxy to it. 

I also created an account and i can log in. 

However when trying to use the chrome extension what changes do i need to make ?? I have pointed to my self hosted address but i have this errors. 

Failed to construct 'Request': Failed to parse URL from https://:bitwarden.xxxxxx.com/api/accounts/prelogin

Are you able to access bitwarden on the domain you have set up. 

Try browsing to the url in the error above. 

Check the nginx config here:

https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs/wiki/Proxy-examples

4 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

You might have to do a custom config then. I have no experience with proxy manager but post a pic of your setup I'll see if I can spot anything. 

I think i messed up when configuring the address on the extension. 

All fixed now i believe it wasa typo

Thanks for the help bro

Edited by shremi
On 1/14/2020 at 12:29 PM, cheesemarathon said:

Open Cloud Commander, click the settings cog button and at the top. Enable auth and set a username & password. 

If your using a reverse proxy to access remotely, you can add auth to that instead if you want. several options like a htaccess file or Oauth2proxy

Thank you so much! I don't know why I didn't notice that when I looked at settings before...doh!😂

On 1/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, ndaringer said:

• cd /mnt/user/appdata/

Hope this helps.

Then everywhere in our reverse proxy Bitwarden.conf change Bitwarden to new container “name”? (bitwardenrs or whatever new container name is?) Or is it easier to change new container name to what previous container was called?

10 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Then everywhere in our reverse proxy Bitwarden.conf change Bitwarden to new container “name”? (bitwardenrs or whatever new container name is?) Or is it easier to change new container name to what previous container was called?

I would assume either would work but seeing as I don't know anything about your reverse proxy setup I can't comment. If you can't get it to work, please post some more info.

7 hours ago, blaine07 said:

I'm not using my docker names in my reverse proxy setup. I just use hardcoded IP addresses.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, has anyone got an active working steamcache?  I set this up again and it starts, the DNS resolves, it even responds with the host name for the dns query listed in the instructions and all clients pointing at it resolve internet DNS correctly.  However, nothing turns up in the logs either access.log or error.log.  Seems a bit like the container is broken.  Fresh install.

Thanks.