[Support] cheesemarathons repo

I found the problem, the instruction in the docker contradicts itself and I read it the wrong way.

The below where it say's you should set the IP address to the hosts IP is incorrect.  It's the dockers IP.  If you use it in host mode, it would be correct, but the template defaults to bridge mode.  Writing this here in case anyone else ever get's confused by it.

Of course if I'd kept reading the line, I would have seen the conflicting information and set it correctly, but no I looked in a forum which gave the clue and then I read it!  Lol.

Hope it helps someone.

650184645_Screenshot2020-02-14at5_37_07PM.thumb.png.04c5634dc261d5e02c327acb1090bb2c.png

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, windlok1010 said:

I am trying to install Ghost on my machine but the docker won't start. Log shows that there is a database error (Invalid database host).

Tried using 1) IP of unRAID machine, 2) IP of unRAID machine with port (3311 in my case) in Database IP but no luck

Any idea? Thanks!

In my case I'm running MySQL on my unRAID machine. My unRAID machine has an IP of 192.168.1.41 so that is the IP I used in the Ghost docker template. No port number was necessary for me. 

Can you confirm that you can connect to the database with the same details from another service? Maybe try some database administration software like HeidiSQL

On 2/29/2020 at 5:24 PM, cheesemarathon said:

In my case I'm running MySQL on my unRAID machine. My unRAID machine has an IP of 192.168.1.41 so that is the IP I used in the Ghost docker template. No port number was necessary for me. 

Can you confirm that you can connect to the database with the same details from another service? Maybe try some database administration software like HeidiSQL

Yes I can connect to the database from my computer using HeidiSQL.

I use separated database (Mariadb) for different apps like nextcloud, piwigo, zenphoto and kanboard and they all can talk to their respective database successfully. Not sure what the problem is here :(

Log for your reference:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND <<MY_UNRAID_IP>>:<<DB_PORT>>

at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:64:26)
--------------------
at Protocol._enqueue (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:144:48)
at Protocol.handshake (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:51:23)
at Connection.connect (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:119:18)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:82:18
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:427:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:518:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:103:10)
at Client_MySQL.acquireRawConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:77:12)
at create (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:282:21)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:34
at Object.tryPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/utils.js:53:24)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:17
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:384:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:518:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:103:10)
at callbackOrPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:306:12)
at Pool._create (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:236:9)
at Pool._doCreate (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:208:36)
at Pool._tryAcquireOrCreate (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:159:18)
at Pool.acquire (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:85:14)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:333:50
at tryCatcher (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Function.Promise.attempt.Promise.try (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/method.js:39:29)
at Client_MySQL.acquireConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:333:33)
at Runner.ensureConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/runner.js:226:24)
at Runner.run (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/runner.js:33:41)
at Raw.Target.then (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/interface.js:23:43)
at Raw.Target.<computed> [as catch] (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/interface.js:95:28)�[39m
�[39m
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 4:06 PM, windlok1010 said:

Yes I can connect to the database from my computer using HeidiSQL.

I use separated database (Mariadb) for different apps like nextcloud, piwigo, zenphoto and kanboard and they all can talk to their respective database successfully. Not sure what the problem is here :(

Log for your reference:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND <<MY_UNRAID_IP>>:<<DB_PORT>>

at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:64:26)
--------------------
at Protocol._enqueue (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:144:48)
at Protocol.handshake (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:51:23)
at Connection.connect (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:119:18)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:82:18
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:427:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:518:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:103:10)
at Client_MySQL.acquireRawConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:77:12)
at create (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:282:21)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:34
at Object.tryPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/utils.js:53:24)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:315:17
at Promise._execute (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/debuggability.js:384:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:518:18)
at new Promise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:103:10)
at callbackOrPromise (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:306:12)
at Pool._create (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:236:9)
at Pool._doCreate (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:208:36)
at Pool._tryAcquireOrCreate (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:159:18)
at Pool.acquire (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/tarn/lib/Pool.js:85:14)
at /var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:333:50
at tryCatcher (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Function.Promise.attempt.Promise.try (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/method.js:39:29)
at Client_MySQL.acquireConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:333:33)
at Runner.ensureConnection (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/runner.js:226:24)
at Runner.run (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/runner.js:33:41)
at Raw.Target.then (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/interface.js:23:43)
at Raw.Target.<computed> [as catch] (/var/lib/ghost/versions/3.8.0/node_modules/knex-migrator/node_modules/knex/lib/interface.js:95:28)�[39m
�[39m

Try adding the variable database__connection__port with the port of your running the database on.

Hey, so I've got Ghost installed and it is working well for me, but every few days or so, I notice the Docker has stopped (crashed I assume). I don't notice anything odd in the logs at the time of the shutdown last I looked, although I don't have one right now (I'll grab one as soon as it happens again).

Initially I thought it was happening because I had a script in User Scripts that killed all Node processes, which was definitely nuking Ghost, but I have removed that so that's not it anymore, but I'm not sure what else would be causing it to seemingly crash randomly. It also seems to sometimes not come back online after an Auto-Update from the autoupdate community apps plugin, but other times it does.

Is this anything familiar to anyone, or just me? I'll keep looking for processes that might be killing Node processes or something.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ms4sman said:

Hey, so I've got Ghost installed and it is working well for me, but every few days or so, I notice the Docker has stopped (crashed I assume). I don't notice anything odd in the logs at the time of the shutdown last I looked, although I don't have one right now (I'll grab one as soon as it happens again).

Initially I thought it was happening because I had a script in User Scripts that killed all Node processes, which was definitely nuking Ghost, but I have removed that so that's not it anymore, but I'm not sure what else would be causing it to seemingly crash randomly. It also seems to sometimes not come back online after an Auto-Update from the autoupdate community apps plugin, but other times it does.

Is this anything familiar to anyone, or just me? I'll keep looking for processes that might be killing Node processes or something.

Thanks!

I am using ghost my self and it is up 24/7 no issues for me. I don't have it on auto update, so that could be causing issues. Until we have some logs it's going to be hard to find the problem. You might be able to find some bugs in the logs in your database. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, nxtiak said:

Hi, how can we update Chromium to a newer version in VNC Web Browser docker? v68 is very old.

The creator of the image this template uses has put up an EOL notice on the image. As such he is no longer pushing builds for it. 

I'm working on an alternative, in the mean time, you could potentially build the image yourself from the github repo. 

https://github.com/ConSol/docker-headless-vnc-container

On 3/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, cheesemarathon said:

I am using ghost my self and it is up 24/7 no issues for me. I don't have it on auto update, so that could be causing issues. Until we have some logs it's going to be hard to find the problem. You might be able to find some bugs in the logs in your database. 

It's certainly not impossible that auto-update is related, but I'm pretty sure it's gone down even when I turned Ghost off in the auto-updater. It also has definitely crashed lots of times when there was no update. 

It happened again today though, and looking at the log, there's loads of red errors about losing connection to the database, or other database related stuff. I'm using MariaDB but that container hasn't been going down, so I'm wondering why it's losing its connection to it off and on. I'll do some more digging...

I think I may have figured it out. It seems that if when Ghost starts up, it can't reach it's SQL server, it just goes back down after a couple minutes of trying. So I have daily backups happening that shut down all dockers, then restart them after. I'm betting that MariaDB isn't coming back up quick enough sometimes, and Ghost just gives up trying and goes back down. All the crashes seem to be at 7 AM sharp, in the logs, which with the offset calculated, is 5 hours ahead, so 2 AM which is when my backup is scheduled. I'm going to try a few things to get around this.

since this is the support page for BONIC  i having issue with the grcpool  where you supposed to get bitcoins for running it.. but the admin isnt replying there anyone else having same issue  with BONIC and the grcpool for getting credit to running  i been running BONIC on 3 computers for 10 days non stop  but its doing nothing

9 minutes ago, comet424 said:

im guessing this isnt the BIONC support page  but unraid is support ?   is linking it to this page

Probably not too many people are also using grcpool to try and get bitcoin for running boinc.  You may not get any response to this question (or within the other thread)

ah ok  ya i seen the feature you can add to get bitcoin for running it .. like a credit.. but they only offer 1 email..

but its ok its not my reason to running it.. i been running SETI for 20 years  never got credit for it.. i just seen last week after 3 days of running bionic  it had a crediting feature..  no big deal i was just asking

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, comet424 said:

im guessing this isnt the BIONC support page  but unraid is support ?   is linking it to this page

This page will provide support for setting up BOINC specifically on unRAID. It's seems with your question is more about grcpool not related to unRAID, so here is not the best place to ask.

ya I figured as much I gave up on the grcpool.. .. its confusing..  boinc page says they aren't linked to grcpool  yet grcpool is the default  setup in the software  it says click the link  goto it... and then I gave up on it.. I do some bonic and fold and home.. as I used to do SETI at home for 20 yrs but ya...  so I got unraid to do it.. but I get up on all bit coin incentive bonic offers..

37 minutes ago, neupsh said:

Hello,

Why does the status say "not available" for the OAuth2Proxy docker? This is the only docker that has this status. I have tried removing the docker (with images) and adding it back again with no success.

image.thumb.png.a9f89706a59db1ccc18f98875b2b10c3.png

It's not hosted on dockerHub, so using the docker system (as unRaid does) to check for updates means that it can't determine its update status.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Squid said:

It's not hosted on dockerHub, so using the docker system (as unRaid does) to check for updates means that it can't determine its update status.

Aah I see. What is the best way to check for update and update this docker? I could do docker pull on this image from a terminal, but not sure if there is any automated/easier way to do that?

1 hour ago, neupsh said:

Aah I see. What is the best way to check for update and update this docker? I could do docker pull on this image from a terminal, but not sure if there is any automated/easier way to do that?

The only way is to open advanced mode on the docker page, then force update the container. I don't know of any automated way. @Squid will auto update no longer work for this image?

Edited by cheesemarathon

I am using the VNC Web Browser, which linked to this support thread. I have successfully created a reverse proxy for this at web.xxxxxx.com and can pull up the main page. The problem is it says "Something went wrong, connection is closed". How can i resolve this?