[Support] cheesemarathons repo

1 minute ago, mihcox said:

I am using the VNC Web Browser, which linked to this support thread. I have successfully created a reverse proxy for this at web.xxxxxx.com and can pull up the main page. The problem is it says "Something went wrong, connection is closed". How can i resolve this?

Are you able to use the web UI locally? Any errors in the logs? 

17 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Are you able to use the web UI locally? Any errors in the logs? 

Yes, I am able to use locally with no problem. Only an issue though NGINXProxyManager, where the password prompt is, I see that error. There are no errors in the docker log for the app.

Edited by mihcox
2 minutes ago, mihcox said:

Yes, I am able to use locally with no problem. Only an issue though NGINXProxyManager, where the password prompt is, I see that error. There are no errors in the docker log for the app.

In that case it's an issue with your proxy. I haven't used proxy manager, but take a look at my link. It should give you some pointers. 

https://github.com/novnc/noVNC/wiki/Proxying-with-nginx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 5:03 AM, cheesemarathon said:

The creator of the image this template uses has put up an EOL notice on the image. As such he is no longer pushing builds for it. 

I'm working on an alternative, in the mean time, you could potentially build the image yourself from the github repo. 

https://github.com/ConSol/docker-headless-vnc-container

Any update on alternative?  Have been using this browser/app as a jump to box  and its been super useful.
Would love if it was still working/updated.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone updated OAuth2_Proxy recently? there seems to be breaking changes and the docker container does not start anymore for me.

I get this error:

[2020/06/17 18:30:39] [main.go:36] ERROR: Failed to load config: error unmarshalling config: 1 error(s) decoding:

* '' has invalid keys: cookie_domain
[2020/06/17 18:30:56] [main.go:36] ERROR: Failed to load config: error unmarshalling config: 1 error(s) decoding:

16 minutes ago, neupsh said:

Has anyone updated OAuth2_Proxy recently? there seems to be breaking changes and the docker container does not start anymore for me.

I get this error:

[2020/06/17 18:30:39] [main.go:36] ERROR: Failed to load config: error unmarshalling config: 1 error(s) decoding:

[2020/06/17 18:30:56] [main.go:36] ERROR: Failed to load config: error unmarshalling config: 1 error(s) decoding:

cookie_domain has changed to cookie_domains

Make this change in your config file and the container will start without issue.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

cookie_domain has changed to cookie_domains

Make this change in your config file and the container will start without issue.

Thanks a lot, that worked. I saw the commit that changed this on the git repo but did not realize I needed to change the property key.

Any chance for update on VNC Web Browser?
Chromium crashes all the time and Firefox keeps popping I need a security update of the browser (that I cannot install).

EDIT: Just noticed about EOL. So new question, any news about new container? :D

Edited by NLS
43 minutes ago, NLS said:

Chromium crashes all the time and Firefox keeps popping I need a security update of the browser (that I cannot install).

I think the easiest way is for me to depreciate VNC Web Browser and replace it with msjpq/firefox-vnc which is the plasma desktop with Firefox installed. No support for Chrome unfortunately. If you want just Firefox, no desktop, then there is a Firefox container all ready in community apps.

I'll try get the new image on community apps tonight.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, NLS said:

Just added KDE in docker. Should be in community apps in the next couple of hours.

22 hours ago, AinzOolGown said:

Hi !

Maybe a bug ?
When i connect to KDEinDocker (via TightVNC's app or via Firefox directly, same result), i get a blacked "System Settings" panel like this.

Capture.PNG.49455cd56d6808d50ce4a67c3288df87.PNG

Thank you :)

Nevertheless, it's a great job, congrats !

Hi. Sorry your having an issue. I'm afraid I don't maintain the image, just the template for unRAID, so would you mind opening an issue with the image creator at the below link? I'll keep an eye on the issue to see the resolution. 

https://github.com/ms-jpq/kde-in-docker/issues

So Ghost is no longer recognizing the database IP variable you are passing to it. No idea what the correct ones are anymore. It just tries to connect to the IP address that ghost is sitting on instead of the MariaDB IP address that is entered.

14 minutes ago, tknx said:

So Ghost is no longer recognizing the database IP variable you are passing to it. No idea what the correct ones are anymore. It just tries to connect to the IP address that ghost is sitting on instead of the MariaDB IP address that is entered.

Have you just updated the container, as the docs have not changed. Variable is still database__connection__host

You can read more info here.

Have you made any other changes to either ghost or MariaDB?

EDIT: Looks like an update was pushed 30 mins ago to the container. Id suggest forcing unRAID to pull version 3.22.1 by setting the repository to ghost:3.22.1

I'll keep an eye on updates to the container/docs to see if anything changes. Out of my hands this one.

Edited by cheesemarathon
2 minutes ago, tknx said:

So I tried going back a few versions and it still won't pick up the database__connection__host IP address. Not sure if it is unraid problem or what is going on...

I haven't upgraded yet but that means i know that version 3.22.1 works. Screenshot of my config below:

image.png.5fba5a6899b4b778acb72646883da8b0.png

See if your settings match mine:

<Config Name="Database IP" Target="database__connection__host" Default="" Mode="" Description="The IP for the machine hosting the database" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="true" Mask="false">192.168.1.41</Config>
  <Config Name="Database User" Target="database__connection__user" Default="ghost" Mode="" Description="The user for use with the database" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">ghost</Config>
  <Config Name="Database Password" Target="database__connection__password" Default="" Mode="" Description="The password for the user used with the database" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="true"></Config>
  <Config Name="Database Name" Target="database__connection__database" Default="ghost" Mode="" Description="The name of the database to create" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">ghost</Config>
  <Config Name="URL" Target="url" Default="" Mode="" Description="Site URL" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">https://squishedmooo.com/</Config>
  <Config Name="Mail Transport" Target="mail__transport" Default="" Mode="" Description="Mail transport method" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false"/>
  <Config Name="Mail Service" Target="mail__options__service" Default="" Mode="" Description="Mail service" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false"/>
  <Config Name="Mailgun Username" Target="mail__options__auth__user" Default="" Mode="" Description="Username for Mailgun" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false"/>
  <Config Name="Mailgun Password" Target="mail__options__auth__pass" Default="" Mode="" Description="Password for Mailgun" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false"/>
  <Config Name="Database Type" Target="database__client" Default="" Mode="" Description="Database Type: Leave as mysql" Type="Variable" Display="advanced" Required="false" Mask="false">mysql</Config>
  <Config Name="Appdata Location" Target="/var/lib/ghost/content" Default="/mnt/user/appdata/ghost" Mode="rw" Description="Container Path: /var/lib/ghost" Type="Path" Display="advanced" Required="true" Mask="false">/mnt/user/appdata/ghost</Config>
  <Config Name="Web" Target="2368" Default="2368" Mode="tcp" Description="Web port for Ghost" Type="Port" Display="advanced" Required="true" Mask="false">2368</Config>
  <Config Name="NODE_ENV" Target="NODE_ENV" Default="" Mode="" Description="Container Variable: NODE_ENV" Type="Variable" Display="advanced" Required="false" Mask="false">production</Config>

Failing that, take a copy of your appdata folder, and then create a fresh blank appdata folder. Maybe something bad was carried back from the update.

Okay - my appdata folder has all the directories for ghost, but no actual files in there. I deleted everything and reinstalled the docker with version 3.22.1 and the folder reappeared, but no settings file.

So seems like something deeper.

On 7/11/2020 at 3:33 AM, tknx said:

Okay - my appdata folder has all the directories for ghost, but no actual files in there. I deleted everything and reinstalled the docker with version 3.22.1 and the folder reappeared, but no settings file.

So seems like something deeper.

I have just updated my instance with no trouble. Backed everything up just in case.

I would backup your database, then empty it and restart the container to allow ghost to rebuild it. See if that helps.

I would also backup your appdata folder, then delete it and restart the container to see that helps.

Failing all of those, see if you can get some help at the ghost forum

• 3 weeks later...