cheesemarathon

[Support] cheesemarathons repo

582 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 minute ago, mihcox said:

I am using the VNC Web Browser, which linked to this support thread. I have successfully created a reverse proxy for this at web.xxxxxx.com and can pull up the main page. The problem is it says "Something went wrong, connection is closed". How can i resolve this?

Are you able to use the web UI locally? Any errors in the logs? 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cheesemarathon said:

Are you able to use the web UI locally? Any errors in the logs? 

Yes, I am able to use locally with no problem. Only an issue though NGINXProxyManager, where the password prompt is, I see that error. There are no errors in the docker log for the app.

Edited by mihcox

2 minutes ago, mihcox said:

Yes, I am able to use locally with no problem. Only an issue though NGINXProxyManager, where the password prompt is, I see that error. There are no errors in the docker log for the app.

In that case it's an issue with your proxy. I haven't used proxy manager, but take a look at my link. It should give you some pointers. 

https://github.com/novnc/noVNC/wiki/Proxying-with-nginx

4 hours ago, cheesemarathon said:

@Squid will auto update no longer work for this image?

It would have only worked by accident when unRaid thought that updates were always available for every container.

3 minutes ago, Shamalamadindong said:

You have a small typo on line 19 of the oauth2-proxy template, it should have two -- instead of the one -

Sorted! Thanks for spotting that

On 3/17/2020 at 5:03 AM, cheesemarathon said:

The creator of the image this template uses has put up an EOL notice on the image. As such he is no longer pushing builds for it. 

I'm working on an alternative, in the mean time, you could potentially build the image yourself from the github repo. 

https://github.com/ConSol/docker-headless-vnc-container

Any update on alternative?  Have been using this browser/app as a jump to box  and its been super useful.
Would love if it was still working/updated.