Jump to content
cheesemarathon

[Support] cheesemarathons repo

493 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

This is a snippet of my content_log.txt.  GenericCache was running and working for blizzard/origin at the time.

[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CS,612) - valve612.steampipe.steamcontent.com (192.168.1.8:80 / 192.168.1.8:80, host: valve612.steamcontent.com): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CS,615) - valve615.steampipe.steamcontent.com (192.168.1.8:80 / 192.168.1.8:80, host: valve615.steamcontent.com): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, defiant said:

This is a snippet of my content_log.txt.  GenericCache was running and working for blizzard/origin at the time.


[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net (69.241.32.246:443 / 69.241.32.246:443, host: edge.steam-dns.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CS,612) - valve612.steampipe.steamcontent.com (192.168.1.8:80 / 192.168.1.8:80, host: valve612.steamcontent.com): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:42] HTTP (CS,615) - valve615.steampipe.steamcontent.com (192.168.1.8:80 / 192.168.1.8:80, host: valve615.steamcontent.com): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection
[2018-06-13 16:07:43] HTTP (CDN,64) - edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net (69.241.116.154:443 / 69.241.116.154:443, host: edge.steam-dns-2.top.comcast.net): Closing connection

Damn Comcast!

 

What is the UP_STREAM_DNS set to?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, defiant said:

1.1.1.1

I will see if i can make a comcast version in the weekend, i will need you to test it! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've been trying to setup Steamcache (and now SteamCacheBundle) on unRAID for a long, long time, but I've never gotten it to work.

 

The issue I keep seeing is that the container itself doesn't seem to have internet connectivity, no matter what upstream DNS server I use.

I've tried both a dedicated NIC and IP for the container, as well as bridged. Everything should be working, but it's not.

 

It almost seems like it's able to resolve Steam-related DNS requests, and everything else is just dropped.

 

Anyone else seeing the same? Any advice on what to try next?

Share this post


Link to post

Have you updated unRaid to the latest version? Had the same problem and this resolved it.

Share this post


Link to post

Have you set your "Fixed IP" and your "LANCACHE_IP" top the same thing? Keep in mind this can't be the same as anything else on your network, including unRaid.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I have.


In case it makes a difference, I'm dedicating a single network interface to Steamcache (eth2), which is statically set to 192.168.1.7 in unRAID's network settings, while the Docker container itself is found to 192.168.1.8.

Share this post


Link to post

@Didstopia

It looks ok, i would try using the "Custom: br0" network type. That works for me.

I also see you are using the Docker share for the caching, where i would use a separate share for it, that doesn't use cache drives :)

 

If the problem persist, please send a picture of the Logs, and a picture of this command "tail -f /data/logs/access.log" running in the containers console :) 

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Shamalamadindong said:

@cheesemarathon

 

Any chance you could look into supporting templates for Oauth2_proxy?

I would love to, but I'm not sure what you mean. Would you mind explaining what you mean by templates?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shamalamadindong said:

Ah awesome! I didn't realise that was possible! I'll take a look when I have a few mins and see what I can do! 

Share this post


Link to post

Is this docker supposed to create logs with root/root access?  Neither of my log files grow, they all stay 0KB.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, defiant said:

Is this docker supposed to create logs with root/root access?  Neither of my log files grow, they all stay 0KB.

Yes, mine is 76 megs or so.

Does "tail -f /data/logs/access.log" work?

 

Share this post


Link to post

@Shamalamadindong

I have just pushed a new update to the oauth2 image, so check for updates for you containers and you should be able to install it. This will grab the two default templates and save them to your oauth2 app data folder in a folder call templates. These will not be used by default. To enable them, edit the oauth2_proxy.cfg file and uncomment line 24:

# custom_templates_dir = "/etc/oauth2/templates/"

Restart the container and it will then use the html templates. One for the sign in page and one for the error page. The templates are exactly the same as the default login pages but can be modified to look however you want. I'll try to create some different themed pages when I have some more time. Any suggestions?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Still can't get this to work.  Steam Cache config as follows...

Network Type: Custom br0

Fixed IP: 192.168.1.15

Privileged: Off

Lancache IP: 192.168.1.8 (IP of unraid server)

data: mnt/user/LanCache/Data

logs: user/appdata/steamcachebundle/data/logs

Port 80

 

on a virtual machine with DNS set to 192.168.1.15

 

[2018-07-10 15:21:58] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve600.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:00] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve609.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:02] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve607.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:04] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve610.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:06] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve606.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:08] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve618.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:10] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve616.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:12] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve603.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:14] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve712.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:16] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve711.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)
[2018-07-10 15:22:18] Failed to get "/serverlist/1/20/" from valve602.steamcontent.com (HTTP Error 401)

 

Any ideas?  

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, cheesemarathon said:

@Shamalamadindong

I have just pushed a new update to the oauth2 image, so check for updates for you containers and you should be able to install it. This will grab the two default templates and save them to your oauth2 app data folder in a folder call templates. These will not be used by default. To enable them, edit the oauth2_proxy.cfg file and uncomment line 24:


# custom_templates_dir = "/etc/oauth2/templates/"

Restart the container and it will then use the html templates. One for the sign in page and one for the error page. The templates are exactly the same as the default login pages but can be modified to look however you want. I'll try to create some different themed pages when I have some more time. Any suggestions?

 

 

For the templates? A fake FBI login ?

 

Seriously though great work! I'll have a look at making something for myself this weekend.

 

Edit: Had a quick look, i think you forgot to generalize the template ;)

Edited by Shamalamadindong

Share this post


Link to post

I was nearly done deploying a different solution when I found this. The great info here helped me work out the other one. But I would like to switch to this, mostly because there is this budding community around your work.

 

Some questions on this:

  1. If run with certain parameters (i.e. cache size, etc), is it possible to change those parameters without losing the cache that has built up. Would one simply 'docker stop' followed by 'docker run' with the revised parameters?  Or would that wipe out the cache?
  2. Regarding CACHE_MAX_AGE, would it be appropriate for someone with really truly incredibly bad internet to set this to thousands of days so that a potential reinstall two years later would still be cached if the content hadn't changed? Or is there an overriding reason to keep max age short?
  3. Does anyone know if it is possible to copy the cache effectively from one server to another. Technically, from one nginx-based lancache docker to another?

Thanks much.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.