IBM x3650 M3 for a unRAID Server

Hi, I'm new.

I have been testing out unRAID on my old Server at home and want to get something that is around the $100-$250 that lets me do hardware pass through to VMs.

I am looking at this server http://www.ebay.com/itm/172499565899?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and want to know if it will work with unRAID correctly, I have read around that the RAID card may have issues, anyone know if I will have any problems with this or do you all recomend anyting in the same price catagory that does hardware pass through?

Thanks for any information <3

A quick Google shows it doesn't explicitly say it will do JBOD which is what you need. Failing that, you could just pick up an IBM M1015 off Ebay or a Dell Perc H310, both of which you would need to flash and you would be set.

I just recently picked up a Dell Perc H310 for my Supermicro system it was easy to flash it.

A quick Google shows it doesn't explicitly say it will do JBOD which is what you need. Failing that, you could just pick up an IBM M1015 off Ebay or a Dell Perc H310, both of which you would need to flash and you would be set.

I just recently picked up a Dell Perc H310 for my Supermicro system it was easy to flash it.

Just making sure, these right?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.XM1015.TRS1&_nkw=M1015&_sacat=0

• 2 weeks later...