Does Intel Turbo Boost work in a VM?

Darkun1

I was wondering if the turbo boost's on Intel CPU's works in a VM environment? I am guessing no as I have not seen my CPU boost up to 3.8GHz but constantly shows the base speed of 3.5GHz; I am feeling lazy and getting over the flu to do much research and thought I ask. I want to say my BIOS gave me an options to run my CPU at max frequency all the time but I will have to double check that feature. Any harm in running the CPU at max turbo frequency if that is an option in the BIOS? It's base speed is fine with me, just was wondering.

http://ark.intel.com/products/82765/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-v3-15M-Cache-3_50-GHz

Capture.PNG.a97f279f027545eab11681efbefa0942.PNG

Sorry for the late reply - been a busy day. Looks like the west coast fiber backbone is having issue causing sub optimal routing and I have been swamped with customers having connection problems. I did take a look at the link and it looks to have some good information and hopefully I can do some testing this weekend.

Thanks for your time