Backing up remote SMB drives to array

descoladan

Hello all,

New here and not sure if this is the right forum to post this question so let me know if there is a better spot for this questions.

Anyways, I have a smb device mounted in the Remote SMB/NFS shares and I would like to back it up to a drive on my unRAID server.

Does anybody have advice/tips on how to do this?

I have tried searching around and looking at plugins/apps for this but I could not find anything to help me accomplish this.

Edit: Yes I am using the Unassigned Devices plugin, using the example scripts there, I was able to accomplish what I wanted.

Hello all,

New here and not sure if this is the right forum to post this question so let me know if there is a better spot for this questions.

Anyways, I have a smb device mounted in the Remote SMB/NFS shares and I would like to back it up to a drive on my unRAID server.

Does anybody have advice/tips on how to do this?

I have tried searching around and looking at plugins/apps for this but I could not find anything to help me accomplish this.

I assume you are using the unassigned devices plugin.  Set up a script with UD that runs when you mount it and perform your backup.  Read the UD post and you can get some tips on how to run a script with UD.  Look at the examples.

I assume you are using the unassigned devices plugin.  Set up a script with UD that runs when you mount it and perform your backup.  Read the UD post and you can get some tips on how to run a script with UD.  Look at the examples.

Oh yes, I actually forgot it was a plugin and not built in.