Looking for help in Sacramento area

Southbark

I am trying to get my first unraid server up and I have all the parts put together but need help getting into the bios. I have been trying to get it working for a couple weeks and I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out and was wondering anyone in the Sacramento would help me out

Thanks

Do you need someone to pay you a visit in order to help? I don't live anywhere near Sacramento - not even the same country - but maybe via the Internet...

The usual way to enter the BIOS is to reboot the computer and press a key as soon as something appears on the screen. Depending on how the BIOS is set up you may have only a brief time to decide which key but usually it's either F1, F2 or DELETE.

See here.

If you need more help post the make and model of your motherboard.

Do you need someone to pay you a visit in order to help? I don't live anywhere near Sacramento - not even the same country - but maybe via the Internet...

The usual way to enter the BIOS is to reboot the computer and press a key as soon as something appears on the screen. Depending on how the BIOS is set up you may have only a brief time to decide which key but usually it's either F1, F2 or DELETE.

See here.

If you need more help post the make and model of your motherboard.

And if nothing ever appears on the screen then you probably don't have everything plugged in properly or you have some hardware problem like overheating CPU or a bad component.

And more commonly, motherboards no longer have piezo's installed (nor ship with them), but still have the header for them (saves them a whopping $.01 on costs).  Pick one up at a local computer shop. 

In the case of computers refusing to POST, etc the beep codes that you will hear can be very informative.

And more commonly, motherboards no longer have piezo's installed (nor ship with them), but still have the header for them (saves them a whopping $.01 on costs).  Pick one up at a local computer shop. 

In the case of computers refusing to POST, etc the beep codes that you will hear can be very informative.

I have one of those and install it in any new computer build, then move it to the next new build.