New internet provider /modem router and no more connection?

skank

I changed my internet provider and got a new modem/router.

Before the switch dropbox/sabnzb w working perfect for years.

Now with the change, sabnzb doesnt do anything anymore. If i click check for updates on docker page, the page keeps loading, so i think i got no internet connection with my unraid machine.. Not sure.

I got a static ip adress .. As before..

Not sure whats wrong, someone pls can help

Thank you!

All my other machines which have dynamic ip, work flawless

Dumb question have you made sure the IP of the devices with DHCP are in the same range as the static IP device. Let's say you had 192.168.0.X for the original router and your new one uses 192.168.1.X. DHCP devices would continue to work but static would not. Have you also tested pinging from one of the DHCP devices to your server and see if you get a response?

Switch the server to be DHCP, and go from there (delete network.cfg from the config folder on the flash drive)

Or, confirm your static IP is still on the same subnet as the router, double check your default gateway, and possibly assign static DNS addresses.

I opened my config network file.

There my gateway has different numbers than my standard gateway of my router.

Shouldit bethesame?

Alsodns is different

I can delete that config file, but i really need. Static ip

Whatshould i do

Edit it to match.  Ideally, you should always set up static IP's inside the router and leave your computers at DHCP so that this situation doesn't happen.

Aha so its ok i deleted the network.cfg and should now make it a static ip inside the router? How do i do that

Ok cool

I found it in router and gave it that same old static ip again.

Now it works.

Not sure what was wrong then.. Im no expert in it.

Ip is the same.

So probable dns or gateway was different?

Without rebooting the server, nothing will change.

The thing is if your router is handing out addresses of say 192.168.0.x and the old one was doing 192.168.1.x  then you've got problems with communication.

If the router's IP is 192.168.0.1 and you're assigning a static IP within it of 192.168.1.57 as an example, then you're going to have the same problem.  Change the static IP to be 192.168.0.57 and adjust everything else accordingly.