Would a Clean Install fix my problems?

Hello everyone.

This past week was spent trying to fix a household-wide network problem, where some computers/devices only connected to a couple others, and some of them couldn't connect to anything. While trying to isolate the problem, I saw that the unRaid web GUI was down. Needing to fix the Windows machines first, I logged into the unRaid server from the console (no GUI, Telnet, or SSH), and used "powerdown". Now that I've gotten almost everything working again, I still can't get the web GUI running.

(No, I didn't get a syslog or diagnostic. At the time, my son's homework assignment was more important).

Would a Clean Install fix my problems? I've already had a one Windows 10 reinstall, a Windows 7 reinstall, a FIOS cable box factory reboot, and upgraded bunch of device firmware - a parity check on the media server isn't really a big deal now. It was a pretty straight forward unRaid v6.2.4 installation. I hadn't started using Docker Containers nor VMs, yet; and I have a record of drive assignments, so that part won't be a chore.

If I do do a clean install, should I make sure that I set the unRaid server to a Local Master? (never even new that was a "thing",  but my suspensions are that my network problems originated with a Windows 10 update - and my ham-handed attempts to fix that)

BTW

Is "powerdown" correct? Or should it have been "poweroff"? Could I have just pressed the Power Button the the server? I usually use a "gracefull shutdown" (stop samba, terminate the busy processes, unmount the disks, and then stop).

Thank you in advance.

Why don't you start by posting up your diagnostics file.  If the GUI is not workiing, you can generate one from the console or a Telenet session by typing  diagnostics  at the command prompt.  It will write the file either in the root of Flash drive or the  logs  folder. 

You should also read this thread and see if any of the suggestions in it help with your problem/issues. 

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54910.0