How to add stuff to the powerdown script

Joe, let's stay focused here. In this discussion we are talking about one very narrow topic: a powerdown hook provided by the powerdown package. That's all. We need not involve unmenu stuff here.

You are right.. I think we've identified which directory is best for the rc.* script and where WeebTech should scan when progressing through a shutdown.

(/etc/rc.d/unraid.d)

I am very interested in the larger discussion, about a triggering program that will execute all scripts in a certain directory upon certain interesting events. For that we should start a new thread.

Agreed.  As I said, I sent WeebTech a monitoring proof-of-concept script to initiate his "rc.unRAID stop"  just prior to the array being stopped. (It is the true working guts of the powerdown command, invoked just prior to the "shutdown now")

I expect that rc.unRAID stop will iterate /etc/rc.d/unraid.d for all the rc.* scripts and invoke each in turn with a "stop" argument.  I sent it to him so he could test his script in a real life array start/stop situation. It is highly related as it is the other "half" of rc.unRAID, where it is invoked with a "start" argument and goes through the same /etc/rc.d/unraid.d directory running each rc.* with a "start" argument.  The same monitoring proof-of-concept script I sent to WeeboTech will initiate the rc.unRAID start command just after the array is started.

The monitoring script itself, a temporary replacement for specific triggering events from 5.0 unRAID, and discussion of how we install add-ons upon boot up will continue in another thread.

see you there...

Joe L.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect that rc.unRAID stop will iterate /etc/rc.d/unraid.d for all the rc.* scripts and invoke each in turn with a "stop" argument.  I sent it to him so he could test his script in a real life array start/stop situation. It is highly related as it is the other "half" of rc.unRAID, where it is invoked with a "start" argument and goes through the same /etc/rc.d/unraid.d directory running each rc.* with a "start" argument.  The same monitoring proof-of-concept script I sent to WeeboTech will initiate the rc.unRAID start command just after the array is started.

Perfect!

• 6 months later...