Transfer speed up and down

skeal

Is there any reason, why something like this can happen...

Most of my transfers look like this. In this case from cache to cache ... One folder to another.

My cache is a pool of 2 SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB. The shares are configures as Cache: Yes

During copying the whole system feels slow... Webinterface and even SSH Console

My System has 16GB RAM and Core i5-3470S. Ethernet is 1GBit.

The copy speed is between 0 and 100MB/s

Transfer.jpg.8c1b468066377a2544f73d34b6925598.jpg

I am confused.  Are you copying across the network on from one folder on your server to another folder on your server?  What are you copying?  (A lot of small files or large BluRay iso's)  If it is across the network, what is the computer on the other end.  What speeds are you seeing? 

You should also post up your diagnostics file.  ('Tools'  >>>  'Diagnostics')

Take a look at the docker.log file in the logs folder.  There are a lot of errors happening very close together. 

In the syslog.txt, you will seen many errors of this type:

Jan 31 11:43:57 opossum shfs/user: err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log (39) Directory not empty
Jan 31 11:43:57 opossum shfs/user: err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/dvr/log (39) Directory not empty

There is also these errors in the syslog.txt that 'Fix Common Problems' has identified:

Jan 30 22:08:34 opossum root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array
Jan 30 22:08:34 opossum root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share p2p set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive
Jan 30 22:08:34 opossum root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Same share (backup) exists in a different case
Jan 30 22:08:34 opossum root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Same share (Backup) exists in a different case

I don't have the answers as to what is causing some of these issues but you should be attempting to eliminate them.  Hopefully, some other folks may jump in and provide you with more definitive answers.  I do know that the 'share exists in a different case' will give you problems if you attempt to use Windows Explorer.