Unraid unresponsive/freezing

dtlokey

Hi all,

I've been dealing with this problem on and off for the past few months. The time frame between freezes can vary between a few days to a few weeks. I recently added the fix my problems plugin and made the suggested adjustments (recently as in today) but the summary suggested I submit a diagnostic to the forum for assistance due to some call traces so hoping someone can help point me on the right path to returned stability, and in turn, back into the WAF zone lol.

mediaserver-diagnostics-20170202-0955.zip

The event that triggered the call trace was IRQ 18 being ignored. It's in use by a USB controller, however that doesn't appear to be the one that has your boot flash attached to it. Perhaps you have a USB keyboard plugged in? It seems you're running an old version of unRAID so you might consider upgrading to version 6.2.4. You might also check to see if there's a newer BIOS for your motherboard.

don't have any usb devices plugged in outside of my boot flash. I did go ahead and update to the latest version of 6.3.0 as well as update all of my other plugins. I'll keep my eye out for the error to show again but it hasn't since, Server's been running for 4 days now, I had to reboot after the update of the unraid OS but since posting this post no unexpected lockups. I'll have to look into the bios update next.

the one item i am seeing in my email every morning around ~5am is this message:

error: Ignoring tor because of bad file mode - must be 0644 or 0444.

not sure what this pertains to. in a quick search i saw it could be related to the preclear plugin being out of date but currently my preclear plugin is up to date.

any ideas? i'll post my latest logs.

mediaserver-diagnostics-20170209-2241.zip

It is related to the Preclear plugin or, more specifically, the statistics reporting plugin that installs immediately after the Preclear plugin - assuming you accept it in the pop-up window. The best way to fix it seems to be to uninstall the Preclear plugin, reboot, then reinstall it. There is now version 6.3.1 of unRAID and users are encouraged to update as there were problems with 6.3.0. It's also important to make sure all plugins are up to date too due to increased security measures.