unRAID OS version 6.3.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

so is anything I can do to fix the inability to access private smb shares from windows 10?

I seem to be having a similar issue, immediately after updating I could no longer acess any Samba shares from Windows 10. Everything I try to access the server via samba a popup asks for credentials, then always says they were invalid. Some things I have tried with no luck:

- I have deleted the credentials from windows credentials manager.

- I made a new user on Unraid.

- I rebooted everything (firewall, switches, servers, computers).

- I made sure unraid was the local master.

- I Used the permissions script to reset permissions.

Nothing I do can get the credentials to work. I have no idea what to do now.

I have done exactly the same steps!

I give up for today.

I hope for a fix tomorrow or I will have to downgrade.

Be sure that you have gone through this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54910.0

But having suggested that, Win10 has been a Samba headache from the time of its introduction.  Just do a search on this board and you will find a lot of folks who have had issues.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be sure that you have gone through this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54910.0

But having suggested that, Win10 has been a Samba headache from the time of its introduction.  Just do a search on this board and you will find a lot of folks who have had issues.

Thank you, using guest with no password got me into the server. I followed your link then went to: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1033675-windows-7-keeps-asking-enter-network-password-to-connect-to-netwo/

I can't seem to install this update.  It gets stuck here:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.3.0-x86_64.zip ... done

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.3.0-x86_64.md5 ... done

Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot-gui

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/changes.txt

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/ident.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/network.cfg

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/go

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/template-repos

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/docker.cfg

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/domain.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/license.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable.bat

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_linux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_mac

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/memtest

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/ldlinux.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libcom32.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libutil.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mboot.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mbr.bin

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/menu.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.exe

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_linux.sh

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux_linux

Diagnostics attached.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

tower-diagnostics-20170204-1816.zip

I can't seem to install this update.  It gets stuck here:

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.3.0-x86_64.zip ... done

plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.3.0-x86_64.md5 ... done

Archive: /tmp/unRAIDServer.zip

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzimage

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/bzroot-gui

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/changes.txt

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/ident.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/network.cfg

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/go

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/plugins/dockerMan/template-repos

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/docker.cfg

extracting: /tmp/unRAIDServer/config/domain.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/license.txt

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable.bat

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_linux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/make_bootable_mac

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/memtest

creating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/ldlinux.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libcom32.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/libutil.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_mac.sh

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mboot.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/mbr.bin

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/menu.c32

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.cfg-

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux.exe

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/make_bootable_linux.sh

inflating: /tmp/unRAIDServer/syslinux/syslinux_linux

Diagnostics attached.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

no good answer as to the actual problem, but the workaround is to manually download the zip from from LT's website and then overwrite all of the bz* files on the flash drive with the ones in the zip

is anything changed from previous stable to samba configuration/version?

yes

so is anything I can do to fix the inability to access private smb shares from windows 10?

FWIW it works ok for me.  Meaning, for private shares I always create an unRaid user with same name and password as my windows logon.  For example, if your windows login name is "moe" with password "stooges", then I create an unRaid user named "moe" with same password.  Then in your private/secure share(s) give user "moe" the privileges you want.

If windows credentials seem to get tangled up what works for me is:

1. make sure all applications and explorer windows that can possibly be referencing a server share are closed.

2. open command window and type

net use * /delete

3. open services.msc and restart the "workstation" service.

Now when you connect to a private share it just works, no login credentials are prompted because the windows user credentials already match those on the server.

I will run some more tests to see if I can break it  :P

FWIW it works ok for me.  Meaning, for private shares I always create an unRaid user with same name and password as my windows logon.  For example, if your windows login name is "moe" with password "stooges", then I create an unRaid user named "moe" with same password.  Then in your private/secure share(s) give user "moe" the privileges you want.

1. make sure all applications and explorer windows that can possibly be referencing a server share are closed.

net use * /delete

Now when you connect to a private share it just works, no login credentials are prompted because the windows user credentials already match those on the server.

Thank you, using guest with no password got me into the server. I followed your link then went to: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1033675-windows-7-keeps-asking-enter-network-password-to-connect-to-netwo/

I've added from both posts to the Windows Issues post.

Same issue here.  I've been working with no issues since Windows 10 was released and I've been keeping up to date with the UNRAID releases.

With 6.3.0 I just can't login to my unraid shares that are set to private no matter what I do.  I'm rolling back to 6.2.4 in the hopes I gain access again.

Same issue here.  I've been working with no issues since Windows 10 was released and I've been keeping up to date with the UNRAID releases.

With 6.3.0 I just can't login to my unraid shares that are set to private no matter what I do.  I'm rolling back to 6.2.4 in the hopes I gain access again.

Did you try restarting the Workstation service on your local win10 PC?

Yeah. Tried that and a few other things. I have the whole setup with private shares so a few are impacted and they need access. In the end I set the shares to secure fit now. I'll investigate more later.

All my family use Microsoft credentials to login, not local machine accounts so using the same login and password for the shares isn't a solution for me.

Yeah. Tried that and a few other things. I have the whole setup with private shares so a few are impacted and they need access. In the end I set the shares to secure fit now. I'll investigate more later.

All my family use Microsoft credentials to login, not local machine accounts so using the same login and password for the shares isn't a solution for me.

How is your server configured?  Do you have a set of unRaid users that correspond to each family member?

I'm asking this: how can I set up a similar config that you have and do some testing?

Everything works fine for me.  If I can't duplicate the problem, I can't solve it.

BTW nothing changed in this area in unRaid OS other than a) updating Samba version to pick up some CVE fixes, and b) enabling vfs-fruit module for OS X optimizations - maybe this is causing windows issues but I doubt it.

With updated SMB I did have to change a few mounts points on my end as well. I had to change from ntlm to ntlmssp auth.

If you are having issues authenticating to the unRAID server, you will need to specify the domain you are authenticating against.

for example, if your unraid hostname is unraid-awesome1337 you would authenticate with:

Username: unraid-awesome1337\John

Password: ********

Give it a shot.

Cheers.

With updated SMB I did have to change a few mounts points on my end as well. I had to change from ntlm to ntlmssp auth.

If you are having issues authenticating to the unRAID server, you will need to specify the domain you are authenticating against.

for example, if your unraid hostname is unraid-awesome1337 you would authenticate with:

Username: unraid-awesome1337\John

Password: ********

Give it a shot.

Cheers.

tried that, no luck

Edit: Actually it's made it worse.  Now I can't access secure shares either.  Gotta run out again, I'll try later

Edit 2: Went it and deleted my credentials for tdm.  Now I have access to the secure shares but still no luck with private shares.

There were 2 sets of credentials listed for tdm.  One under Windows credentials which had a modify date of today which I am assuming is the one not working.

I had another set of credentials listed under Generic Credentials which had a last modify date of November.  Stipidly I deleted both without doing some testing to see if I deleted the more recent that might fix things.

I have a new set of credentials, which don't worm, under Windows Credentials.

is anything changed from previous stable to samba configuration/version?

yes

net use * /delete

Tried all steps (and some more) and it didn't help.

Are there any samba logs i can post here?

I seem to have similar problem on an Android box. Upgraded to 6.3 and it works on my windows computers. But on a Android box where I use Kodi it will not access my SMB shares. If I instead use a filebrowser it will work accessing the files and thru that start Kodi.

Kodi works if I change the security in Unraid to Public from Private. So will use that until I got more time to look at it or if someone here finds a solution.

I seem to have similar problem on an Android box. Upgraded to 6.3 and it works on my windows computers. But on a Android box where I use Kodi it will not access my SMB shares. If I instead use a filebrowser it will work accessing the files and thru that start Kodi.

Kodi works if I change the security in Unraid to Public from Private. So will use that until I got more time to look at it or if someone here finds a solution.

I also have an Android app called FolderSync which transfers every day my photos to Unraid share but it stopped working.

I googled a bit, tried a few steps but nothing worked.

Not sure if something is wrong with the following output

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net view
Server Name            Remark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\\karateo-DESKTOP
\\TOWER                Media server
The command completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nbtstat -a \\TOWER

VirtualBox Host-Only Network #2:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.56.1] Scope Id: []

Host not found.

Ethernet:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.4] Scope Id: []

Host not found.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nbtstat -A 192.168.1.2

VirtualBox Host-Only Network #2:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.56.1] Scope Id: []

Host not found.

Ethernet:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.4] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name               Type         Status
    ---------------------------------------------
    TOWER          <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
    TOWER          <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
    TOWER          <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
    ??__MSBROWSE__?<01>  GROUP       Registered
    WORKGROUP      <00>  GROUP       Registered
    WORKGROUP      <1B>  UNIQUE      Registered
    WORKGROUP      <1D>  UNIQUE      Registered
    WORKGROUP      <1E>  GROUP       Registered

MAC Address = 00-00-00-00-00-00

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Desktop 192.168.1.4

Unraid 192.168.1.2

Also,

C:\WINDOWS\system32>whoami
karateo-desktop\karateo

Unraid username is karateo but with different password as windows uses email as login username so I use a very good password for outlook.

I tried with a new set of username/password, common for windows and unraid and it didn't work.

FWIW, plex wasn't accessible, despite the docker "running" until I issued a restart command for it. Then all was good. This was after first reboot after update.

How can i do a restart command?

Dashboard -> click on Plex to show context menu -> restart -> ??? -> Profit!

Thanks for this, but i cant do this because my Docker is not running anymore - status was and is still stopped and i see no way to start Docker.

I will revert to 6.2.4 and see what happens...