unRAID OS version 6.3.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

Got to 'Settings'  >> 'Display Settings' and see what the setting is for "Page update frequency:"  Click on the '?'  with the left mouse button for more information.

It's set for Real-time. So according to Help I should try lowering it. I'll try that and report back later.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to verify: please boot server once in 'Safe Mode' and see if same behavior exists.  Also make sure "netbios over tcp/ip" is enabled for your win10 PC in network adaptor Properties / Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) / Advanced / WINS tab

Restarting now to safe mode.

The thing is that we or better I didn't change anything to my windows 10 install.

I updated unraid, rebooted and I also rebooted windows 10 desktop.

Got to 'Settings'  >> 'Display Settings' and see what the setting is for "Page update frequency:"  Click on the '?'  with the left mouse button for more information.

It's set for Real-time. So according to Help I should try lowering it. I'll try that and report back later.

Nope. Still have to manually refresh. Changing it to Regular just added a little countdown at the bottom of the screen, but the page didn't refresh at the end of the countdown.

Nope. Still have to manually refresh. Changing it to Regular just added a little countdown at the bottom of the screen, but the page didn't refresh at the end of the countdown.

Please boot in 'safe mode' and see if behavior persists.

I'm booting into the Unraid GUI and the GUI does not seem to be refreshing correctly. Like if I start the array, the screen should refresh to show the array has now started, but instead the drive assignments get to the point where they are grayed out and then just sits there. If I then go to Dashboard and then come back to Main, it will now show that the array has started. (I can also just click on Main to refresh the page and that works as well.) This happens when shutting down the array and I notice the same type of thing when starting and stopping VM's. (The VM's were doing that in 6.2.4 as well.)

Everything else seems to be working normally with the update to 6.3.0 and it's just a small annoyance at this point.

I had the same problem on chrome via elementary OS.  Clearing out the chrome cache and restarting elementay OS took care of this.

I am pretty sure that the behavior doesn't persist in safe mode since safe mode doesn't include the GUI. ;D

I can't test this behavior with another browser or pc because I do not currently have another one built.

I am pretty sure that the behavior doesn't persist in safe mode since safe mode doesn't include the GUI. ;D

I can't test this behavior with another browser or pc because I do not currently have another one built.

Sorry - read your post too fast and didn't realize you were taking about the console GUI.

Just to verify: please boot server once in 'Safe Mode' and see if same behavior exists.  Also make sure "netbios over tcp/ip" is enabled for your win10 PC in network adaptor Properties / Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) / Advanced / WINS tab

Restarting now to safe mode.

The thing is that we or better I didn't change anything to my windows 10 install.

I updated unraid, rebooted and I also rebooted windows 10 desktop.

same problem even in safe mode

is it possible to change samba debug level and find some logs?

If memory serves me well, there were those having issues with networking (samba?) coming from older versions of unRAID to the newer version.  It was solved in a lot of cases by deleting the /boot/config/network.cfg file and then rebooting.

Could that possibly be an issue here?  I did see some posts about host not found.

If memory serves me well, there were those having issues with networking (samba?) coming from older versions of unRAID to the newer version.  It was solved in a lot of cases by deleting the /boot/config/network.cfg file and then rebooting.

Could that possibly be an issue here?  I did see some posts about host not found.

I looks fine I think. Should I still delete it?

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.2"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.1"
DNS_SERVER2="212.205.212.205"
DNS_SERVER3="195.170.0.1"
BONDING="no"
BONDING_MODE="1"
BRIDGING="yes"
BRNAME="br0"
BRSTP="yes"
BRFD="0"

For those having problems with networking on Windows 10, it could be helpful to know what version of Windows 10 you are using.  According to MS, there are currently FOUR versions:  Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education.  I suspect that the 'build-in' security features are a bit different for each one. 

For those having problems with networking on Windows 10, it could be helpful to know what version of Windows 10 you are using.  According to MS, there are currently FOUR versions:  Home, Pro, Enterprise, and Education.  I suspect that the 'build-in' security features are a bit different for each one.

windows 10 pro build 14393

How easy is it to downgrade?

Can I do it remotely?

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.2"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
BONDING="no"
BONDING_MODE="1"
BRIDGING="yes"
BRNAME="br0"
BRSTP="yes"
BRFD="0"

There's no harm. Networking will default on reboot.

Upgraded via GUI from 6.2.4 on my secondary server without a hitch.

Primary server (also 6.2.4) hung during sync portion of update. Ended up having to pull the flash drive and upgrade manually. Parity is syncing now because of the unclean shutdown.

However, my dockers are behaving oddly. No icons for the dockers. The contextual menu doesn't show the Web UI option. Forcing an update on the dockers throws an error. I should note the dockers are actually running and accessible via browser directly.

2 screenshots and diagnostics attached.

Thanks for any help.

dRestart-min.png.327cd0f1589e630a03743d2da3679667.png

dUpdate-min.png.88e6b953bd428ec36079c9e3b308927c.png

spock-diagnostics-20170205-1437.zip

Upgraded via GUI from 6.2.4 on my secondary server without a hitch.

Primary server (also 6.2.4) hung during sync portion of update. Ended up having to pull the flash drive and upgrade manually. Parity is syncing now because of the unclean shutdown.

However, my dockers are behaving oddly. No icons for the dockers. The contextual menu doesn't show the Web UI option. Forcing an update on the dockers throws an error. I should note the dockers are actually running and accessible via browser directly.

2 screenshots and diagnostics attached.

Thanks for any help.

I suspect corruption on the flash drive, as that particular docker error (Was this created with...) usually happens if the template files cannot be found on the flash drive.

Shut down, pull the stick and toss it into a desktop to run file system checks on it...

I suspect corruption on the flash drive, as that particular docker error (Was this created with...) usually happens if the template files cannot be found on the flash drive.

Shut down, pull the stick and toss it into a desktop to run file system checks on it...

Should I cancel the parity sync then if that's the case?

And do I just check the FS via Windows?

Thanks for the quick response!

After upgrading from 6.2.4 to 6.3.0, I get the following in my VM/qemu log.

2017-02-05T20:29:39.741418Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=08:00.0,id=hostdev3,bus=pci.0,addr=0x9: Failed to mmap 0000:08:00.0 BAR 2. Performance may be slow
2017-02-05T20:29:39.746332Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: Unknown firmware file in legacy mode: etc/msr_feature_control

I looked back at some old diagnostics from a couple of weeks ago and I did not get this message.  This is for an add-on USB 3.0 controller that I have passed through to the VM.  I have not fully tested the USB but can tell you that it is working on some level as I am typing and using a mouse that is plugged into this device....not sure that the performance may be slow means.

I am post here vs KVM forum since I did not get this message previously.

Any suggestions?

tower-diagnostics-20170205-1544.zip

# Generated settings:
USE_DHCP="no"
IPADDR="192.168.1.2"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"
BONDING="no"
BONDING_MODE="1"
BRIDGING="yes"
BRNAME="br0"
BRSTP="yes"
BRFD="0"

There's no harm. Networking will default on reboot.

didn't help...

Your choice.  But if you do cancel it, start it back up again as soon as you can

Yes.

The bigger trouble is going to be if the files no longer exist and/or are corrupted.  At that point to gain full functionality back you would have to delete those containers, and re-install them and set the templates back up again to get them working again.  Any chance you've got a backup of the flash drive (either created manually or via CA Appdata Backup?)

I do have a backup from CA Appdata Backup

Your choice.  But if you do cancel it, start it back up again as soon as you can

Yes.

The bigger trouble is going to be if the files no longer exist and/or are corrupted.  At that point to gain full functionality back you would have to delete those containers, and re-install them and set the templates back up again to get them working again.  Any chance you've got a backup of the flash drive (either created manually or via CA Appdata Backup?)

I do have a backup from CA Appdata Backup

Yes.

Perfect.  Check the flash for corruption (and also look at what's in config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user)  You might have to copy from that folder in the backup to the flash drive.  *Should* bring everything back after a reboot

I started a seprate thread but it was suggested that I move to this thread.  I searched and didn't find any help specifically for the problem I am having with my DUNE players on 6.3...

I upgraded to 6.3 last night and now cannot access SMB private shares anymore on my DUNE media players.  I can access the private shares on Windows 7 still.

If I make a share public I can access it from the DUNE players again... I don't want my shares to be public.

If I go back to version 6.2.4 everything works fine again, but my Docker is messed up when I copy the files from the "previous" directory over the root on /boot/

I have tried resetting the passwords on my users.  I have tried creating new users.  Nothing I can think of works.

Is there some way to preserve Docker and go back to 6.2.4?  I will do this at least until I can sort out what's going on with private shares.  Anyone have any suggestions on fixing my DUNE problem with private shares?

This has consumed about 10 hours of my life already  :-\

edit:Well, I managed to get back to 6.2.4 and saved my entire config including docker and apps.  Everything works perfectly with the DUNE players on 6.2.4, but with 6.3 the DUNE players cannot access private shares.

Thanks,

craigr

Yeah, I went back and forth between 6.2.4 and 6.3 about five different ways.  I even tried a fresh install of 6.3 and reassigned all my disks to the correct locations, created new SMB shares, and that didn't even work.

It seems 6.3 just doesn't want to play nice and share... at least not for everything and everyone ;)

craigr