Error: Call Traces found on your server

Hello All,

Been having some very slow transfer speeds to the server this last couple days. Some fast then some real real slow. Today I ran the Fix problems plugin and it found issue that said Error: Call Traces found on your server post diagnostics log to forum for help.

I remember clicking update to Unraid 6.3.0 at the bottom a bit ago and went to shut down and the system is stuck at the moment in the stop button pressed position. At the bottom corner Drives spun up and then it said services stopped but that may not have happened. It wont go any further so I opened up putty and logged into the server and typed Diagnostics. It wrote a report. I then went to network on my windows machine and clicked on the server. The drives are still there. I clicked the flash one and copied over the Diagnostics.zip file it had just made.

I went in and tried reading the system.log and found the mentioned stuff above in there.

Please assist if you can help me make sense of what to do next.

Thank you

r2d2-diagnostics-20170206-0331.zip

• 7 months later...

Fix Common Problem plugin advised me to post diagnostic file here to learn more about Error: Call Traces found on your server. 

Exact message: "Your server has issued one or more call traces. This could be caused by a Kernel Issue, Bad Memory, etc. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums"

I hope some expert can help me understand what's wrong and advice on how to fix it.

unraid-diagnostics-20170930-1824.zip

• 1 month later...

They are VM related

Oct 28 17:16:54 Tower kernel: WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 17853 at arch/x86/kvm/lapic.c:1369 kvm_lapic_expired_hv_timer+0x2a/0x63 [kvm]

Oct 31 07:12:39 Tower kernel: WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 7742 at arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c:4773 vmx_deliver_posted_interrupt+0xec/0x128 [kvm_intel]

First one appears to be a harmless bug in KVM (but not the expert)

Best guess on the 2nd is that an interrupt generated by a passed through piece of hardware to the VM got lost somewhere along the line.  

I *think* that they both may be more informational call traces rather than an indication of an actual problem.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Baskedk said:

I also got this error, but i haven't noticed anythin g unusual in the behavior of the server. So i kinda have no clue what to look for in the logs....

Anyone got an idea?

unraid-diagnostics-20180112-1045.zip

It's bios related, look for a bios update or ignore if there isn't one:

Jan 11 19:44:32 unRAID kernel: Your BIOS is broken; DMA routed to ISOCH DMAR unit but no TLB space.

• 1 month later...

I was getting this error too along with some other issues. I updated to the latest Duplicati docker version and received this error. I tried just rebooting the server but once the Duplicati docker started the errors came back. My VMs started behaving erratically. Shutting themselves down. I uninstalled the Duplicati docker app and rebooted the server again and haven't received the errors since. Might be a coincidence, but it worked for me. 

Edited by cirialkilr
1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Mar 18 14:46:37 Tower kernel: Your BIOS is broken; DMAR reported at address fed93000 returns all ones!

Look for a bios update or ignore, also on some boards it goes away if you disable vt-d.

Disabled vt-d and it went away so that looks like it fixed it.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! Also having the "call traces" error. Swapped out all the ram and even added 2 extra GB bring it to 16GB. Any help would be appreciated.

edit- Ive gone through this thread and searched all the errors that have been found so far and all I have found is

>Mar 26 02:01:40 Tower kernel: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 15475 at fs/reiserfs/journal.c:3388 journal_end+0x44/0x9d [reiserfs]

I also lose the permission to write to the disk once the call trace happens.

tower-diagnostics-20180327-2340.zip

Edited by zer0vash
added detail

Hi, I also just got a "Call Traces" error as well, it seems to have happened when I accessed the webui and manually updated my dockers after seeing they failed auto-update for some reason. I recently setup Pihole, and forgot to change the server dns settings, so my guess is that once it tried to auto-update, it shut down Pihole and couldn't use it as dns and the update failed.

The server seems to work as usual as far as I can tell, but I don't know what the message means exactly, hopefully someone can clear it up for me. I've attached a txt with the call traces isolated along with the diagnostics.zip, if that makes it easier on you.

call traces.txt

server-diagnostics-20180328-1153.zip