Comercial Skipping Plugin/Docker

zarfx4

Interesting...so...stupid question, can I use that to pick up files from another program (i.e. Plex DVR) and process out the commercials, or is it more self contained within the TVHeadend container?

You can exec into the container and run comskip on a mapped volume, but you will have to do it on every single file. I have not checked if comskip process the whole folder if you specify the file as *.mkv or *.ts though.

So no automatic way of doing it in our container.

Thats the part that would be nice.  Record a show, once complete execute a scripte (which can be done in plex) Run Commskip, then dump completed file back to Array in correct Media location.

Would be cool if we could have a standalone port of Comskip that watches a directory for a file and then do its magic from there.

• 3 months later...
On 2/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, chip said:

So are you really after MCEBuddy docker style?

I use MCEBuddy in my VM which works fine for me. Is there a reason you don't want to use MCEBuddy?

Do you have Plex call MCEBuddy from a postprocessing script that references your VM?  Curious how you got this working.  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, djjaxxx said:

Do you have Plex call MCEBuddy from a postprocessing script that references your VM?  Curious how you got this working.  Thanks.

Since this is an old post, and the OP may not see it, MCEbuddy has watch folders. So, if you copy something to that folder, and it mates one of your filters, it will automatically process it.

Thank you for the response (knew it was a shot in the dark with the age of the thread).  I was hoping to allow Plex to do all the renaming/sorting, but starting to think the best way forward would be to have Plex DVR into one folder, have MCEBuddy watch that folder, process, rename and sort to my existing Plex library.

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2017 at 2:31 PM, djjaxxx said:

Thank you for the response (knew it was a shot in the dark with the age of the thread).  I was hoping to allow Plex to do all the renaming/sorting, but starting to think the best way forward would be to have Plex DVR into one folder, have MCEBuddy watch that folder, process, rename and sort to my existing Plex library.

I tried this and the share where the videos are (DVR) and where I want them to be (Shows) I have ser to public. However MCEbuddy keeps saying idle and i can’t seem to figure out why? 

Update: Incase someone has the same issue as me. I found that despite putting my information in MCEbuddy for a user in unraid, it wouldn't worked if I used a share that I mapped on my PC.  When I did used the \\my.server.ip directly in the file directory and found my shares it worked

Edited by Kesp
  • Thanks 1