unRAID OS version 6.3.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

I updated my test server from 6.1.9 to 6.3.1 and it opens the GUI slow. My dockers also don't show up. Did I miss some special precautions?

What can I do to get my dockers back?

A lot had changed. A new Slackware version. Some plugins and packages may not be compatible. That might account for slow gui. To get the dockers back you probably have to delete the docker image and reinstall all of them using the my templates.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated my test server from 6.1.9 to 6.3.1 and it opens the GUI slow. My dockers also don't show up. Did I miss some special precautions?

A lot had changed. A new Slackware version. Some plugins and packages may not be compatible. That might account for slow gui. To get the dockers back you probably have to delete the docker image and reinstall all of them using the my templates.

And this was all covered in the first post of this thread. You should always read the release post before installing a new version.

So I hit another kernel panic this morning. I forgot to turn on the Fix Common Issues troubleshooting last night but I was able to capture a picture.

Same scenario as I posted about in 6.3.0:

ReiserFS modules may have been involved, so there may be some Reiser file system corruption on a drive.  It's very rare that that should cause a panic, but it's possible.  Use Check Disk File systems to check each of your Reiser formatted data drives.  Probably want to start with Disk 17 ...

For any users upgrading from 6.1 or older, it may be helpful to read the 6.2 upgrade advice too, in Additional Upgrade Advice, and the initial post in that thread.

For slow GUI after upgrading to 6.2 or later, see also this FAQ entry.

Updated from 6.1.9 to 6.3.1 and all is well.

I delayed my upgrade due to the changes in the way that the VMs work, but I did't actually have to do anything. It recognized my stub devices without any input. Pretty sweet.

Had to rebuild my docker image, no biggie and was kind of expected with the new docker version.

Thanks for all the hard work.

And this was all covered in the first post of this thread. You should always read the release post before installing a new version.

I didn't see my specific issue listed in the first post, but I am aleady back to 6.1.9 which was backed up in the previous folder.

6.3.1 showed lots of btrf errors after starting docker they don't show up in 6.1.9.

Where can I find these templates?

The option appears when you click "Add container"

The option appears when you click "Add container"

I don't get to the Docker page it is just a blank screen, so I can't click "Add container"

I don't get to the Docker page it is just a blank screen, so I can't click "Add container"

You can edit the file /config/docker.cfg on your flash device and change the setting DOCKER_ENABLED to NO.

You need to restart your server to start without Docker, this should give you the installation page and chance to remove and recreate the docker image.

You can edit the file /config/docker.cfg on your flash device and change the setting DOCKER_ENABLED to NO.

You need to restart your server to start without Docker, this should give you the installation page and chance to remove and recreate the docker image.

Now, we are getting somewhere. Can I still get my previously installed dockers back?

The updates page in the GUI needs a note added to check the forum and release notes first.

I've lost audio on my 'Disney' VM - sure this coincided with the 6.3.1 update.

I've got a yellow exclamation against 'High Definition Audio Bus' in device manager.  No problems since day 1 with unRAID (September) with this VM before.

It's my primary card so I was going to see if stubbing it helped, but I can't get the device details even if I do

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM] [1002:6779]
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6450 / 7450/8450/8490 OEM / R5 230/235/235
X OEM] [1002:a...

Sorry, I do not understand ?  You mention that you are having performance issues and you also mention that you have formatted you parity drives... formatting those drives will generate a parity rebuild and that will certainly have impact on performance.. Seems like a relevant remark to make ?  Also I just wanted to mention to tou that formatting parity drives is mot something you need to do, there is no benefit at all in that action, just thought that would ne good for you to know ?

Also.... just trying to help..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sorry, but in this case is irrelevant. The main point is to figure out what is incompatible, hardware or my settings.

Again, I had performance issues upgrading from 6.2.4 to 6.3.0 or 3.2.1 so I wanted to test a new config from scratch.

It's kind obviously that my performance tests were made when there aren't any parity check or parity rebuild running.

A lot of stuffs in the 6.3.0 version got updated. There is a way to download the 6.3.0-rc1, rc2 etc? So I can try narrow down what is causing it?

Hi henriquelb,

We're still trying to get the root of this issue because it seems you are the only one experiencing performance issues with GPU pass through at this point.  The logs don't give us much to go off of, but there is more we can try.  First, please share the XML configuration for your VM that performs well under 6.2 but poorly under 6.3.

I've got a yellow exclamation against 'High Definition Audio Bus' in device manager.  No problems since day 1 with unRAID (September) with this VM before.

It's my primary card so I was going to see if stubbing it helped, but I can't get the device details even if I do

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM] [1002:6779]
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6450 / 7450/8450/8490 OEM / R5 230/235/235

If you double click on the device in device manager, does it provide more info on the error?  Also, can you try rebooting the host and on first boot of the VM guest see if this issue persists?  I'm curious if the issue only comes up after you reboot the VM.

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

If you double click on the device in device manager, does it provide more info on the error?  Also, can you try rebooting the host and on first boot of the VM guest see if this issue persists?  I'm curious if the issue only comes up after you reboot the VM.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Rebooting the server has no effect - it still say no audio device

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

{Operation Failed}

is there another way for me to get the pcie detail other than

lspci -nn

which doesn't work anymore, to see if stubbing fixes the problem?

Hi henriquelb,

We're still trying to get the root of this issue because it seems you are the only one experiencing performance issues with GPU pass through at this point.  The logs don't give us much to go off of, but there is more we can try.  First, please share the XML configuration for your VM that performs well under 6.2 but poorly under 6.3.

XML - 6.2.4

<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Windows 10</name>
  <uuid>8dc6acd0-fa75-7995-ccde-29b0107fe2a3</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="windows.png" os="windows10"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>46137344</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>46137344</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>12</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='12'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='13'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='8' cpuset='14'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='9' cpuset='15'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='10' cpuset='16'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='11' cpuset='17'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-2.5'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/8dc6acd0-fa75-7995-ccde-29b0107fe2a3_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='6' threads='2'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='localtime'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source dev='/dev/disk/by-id/ata-FCCT256M4SSD1_00000000130203623002'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pci-root'/>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:28:d9:fb'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x07' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x07' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc07d'/>
      </source>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x04d9'/>
        <product id='0xa096'/>
      </source>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='2'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x08' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-machine'/>
    <qemu:arg value='max-ram-below-4g=1G'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

On the 6.3.0/1 the only change is

<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-2.5'>hvm</type> to <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-2.7'>hvm</type>

There is a way to have the 6.3.0-rc1 version? I want to test a different kernel version, perhaps my hardware don't run smooth with newer version...

Now, we are getting somewhere. Can I still get my previously installed dockers back?

Once you have deleted the docker image file and created a new file, then click Add Container --> Select Template --> templates-user --> my-xxxx  (xxxx = name of container you want to re-install)

Thanks, all dockers are back now. Had to change to Advanced view. I could disable docker under settings too.

lspci -nn

as this is what I see:

{Operation Failed}

is there another way for me to get the pcie detail other than

lspci -nn

which doesn't work anymore, to see if stubbing fixes the problem?

Adding picture - I think the problem is the VM doesn't think there's a audio device at all.  Definitely occurred when went to 6.3.1.

Help please

Picture2.jpg.31a5a76db4c939bddc59e3e3a83a3ce3.jpg