unRAID OS version 6.3.1 Stable Release Available

limetech

is there another way for me to get the pcie detail other than

lspci -nn

which doesn't work anymore, to see if stubbing fixes the problem?

Why do you feel lspci is not working?  If it isn't reporting your device, then Linux can't see your device.  I'd open the box up and see what may have been disconnected, and if it's all connected and seated well, then you have a component failure.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lspci -nn

Why do you feel lspci is not working?  If it isn't reporting your device, then Linux can't see your device.  I'd open the box up and see what may have been disconnected, and if it's all connected and seated well, then you have a component failure.

I'm not sure he doesn't see anything. In his post above he says he sees the below, which looks normal to me.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM] [1002:6779]
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6450 / 7450/8450/8490 OEM / R5 230/235/235
X OEM] [1002:a...

I would suggest you use DDU to remove the graphics drivers and and try to install it again or make a new VM to test if you experience the same.

What do there log entries mean?

Feb 11 08:26:50 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full
Feb 11 08:26:51 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full
Feb 11 08:26:51 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full
Feb 11 09:26:53 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full
Feb 11 09:26:54 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full
Feb 11 10:26:56 MediaServer shfs/user: share cache full

EDIT: It's apparently from the cache seeming to be full.  I had a share setting min space set too high probably causing this error.  Funny since I never saw it before.

lspci -nn

I'm not sure he doesn't see anything. In his post above he says he sees the below, which looks normal to me.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 / R5 230 OEM] [1002:6779]
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6450 / 7450/8450/8490 OEM / R5 230/235/235

I would suggest you use DDU to remove the graphics drivers and and try to install it again or make a new VM to test if you experience the same.

Thanks - using DDU did the trick.

Re lspci not working - it was truncating the code for my audio card so I couldn't stub it - it never used to truncate before.

lspci -nn

Re lspci not working - it was truncating the code for my audio card so I couldn't stub it - it never used to truncate before.

Is the truncating happening in the webgui or command line?

Both - checked with putty as well

I haven't installed 6.3 yet  ::) So can't check here, but on 6.3 RC I don't see truncation.

How do you connect to your server and is the window wide enough to show everything?

Hi sorry to bother but I am getting a kernel panic the moment the system starts. Before logging is even started. Had to Roll back to 6.2 to be able to use system.  This is a Xeon server mother board system. I don't see how I can help fixing the session but if there's anything I can do like running test build on it buy all means contact me.

Thornwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1. Everything went well, only NFS shares are not accessible any more.

I have couple shares set for access via NFS and SMB - movies, TV, music, pictures... All are accessible via SMB but none via NFS. All mentioned shares are in unRaid array.

I am using NFS for access via Emby/Kodi and since upgrade, shares are not accessible from Emby, Kody and from Ubuntu PC.

NFS Security settings for shares:

Export: Yes
Security: Private
Rule: 10.1.0.100(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.101(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.102(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.110(sec=sys,rw,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.111(sec=sys,rw,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.112(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.115(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.120(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.121(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.122(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.123(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.130(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.131(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.132(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.142(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.143(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure)

I have set one share to:

Security: Public

and

Rule: 10.1.0.0/24(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure)

and rebooted server. No difference.

Even share on unassigned drive, which is set to Public, is not accessible via NFS.

Diagnostics attached.

Please advise.

alfheimr-diagnostics-20170212-1655.zip

I have upgraded from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1. Everything went well, only NFS shares are not accessible any more.

I have couple shares set for access via NFS and SMB - movies, TV, music, pictures... All are accessible via SMB but none via NFS. All mentioned shares are in unRaid array.

I am using NFS for access via Emby/Kodi and since upgrade, shares are not accessible from Emby, Kody and from Ubuntu PC.

Rule: 10.1.0.100(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.101(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.102(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.110(sec=sys,rw,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.111(sec=sys,rw,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.112(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.115(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.120(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.121(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.122(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.123(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.130(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.131(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.132(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.142(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure) 10.1.0.143(sec=sys,ro,all_squash,insecure)

I have set one share to:

and

Even share on unassigned drive, which is set to Public, is not accessible via NFS.

Diagnostics attached.

Please advise.

You are using DHCP to assign your IP address for the server.  It has chosen to assign it as 10.1.0.12  so you should be able to see what the issue now.

I would suggest that you set DHCP to 'no' an manually assign the IP address of your choice to the sever.

I have set one share to:

and

Diagnostics attached.

Please advise.

You are using DHCP to assign your IP address for the server.  It has chosen to assign it as 10.1.0.12  so you should be able to see what the issue now.

I would suggest that you set DHCP to 'no' an manually assign the IP address of your choice to the sever.

Or go into your router and reserve the IP for your servers MAC.

I have set one share to:

and

Diagnostics attached.

Please advise.

Or go into your router and reserve the IP for your servers MAC.

10.1.0.12 is IP address of unRaid server and is reserved on router's DHCP for server. It has been reserved since I started using unRaid. WebUI is accessible via 10.1.0.12 and SMB (smb://10.1.0.12/...) works fine.

I have done some tests and Kodi don't see NFS shares, that are saved in it and don't find new NFS shares. I have checked on several devices with Kodi.

Both - checked with putty as well

I haven't installed 6.3 yet  ::) So can't check here, but on 6.3 RC I don't see truncation.

How do you connect to your server and is the window wide enough to show everything?

viewing full screen - putty screenshot attached.

I used to be able to see the details in putty, so this is a recent change (2017) I think

Picture2.gif.087152b5af72e9e744129ede735d6945.gif

Decided to try 6.3.1 - Docker is now working but Plex is strange. The same Error as under 6.3 - Plex is working but i cant deactivate the Server:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected END_OF_LINE, expecting '=' in /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini on line 2 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(376) : eval()'d code on line 2

My Plex is not running in Docker because i have no idea how to transfer my Plex-Database to Docker

EDIT: Tried to set Plex to Docker and the path of my Plex database to the old path but it doesnt work. Is there an additional path-setting for the database or must the database created new?  ???

As long as i cant use my old Plex-Database, i cant update to Plex-Docker because it takes ages to reconstruct the Database.  :P

Decided to try 6.3.1 - Docker is now working but Plex is strange. The same Error as under 6.3 - Plex is working but i cant deactivate the Server:

Warning: syntax error, unexpected END_OF_LINE, expecting '=' in /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini on line 2 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(376) : eval()'d code on line 2

My Plex is not running in Docker because i have no idea how to transfer my Plex-Database to Docker

EDIT: Tried to set Plex to Docker and the path of my Plex database to the old path but it doesnt work. Is there an additional path-setting for the database or must the database created new?  ???

As long as i cant use my old Plex-Database, i cant update to Plex-Docker because it takes ages to reconstruct the Database.  :P

OT so start a new thread in Docker Engine and tell us how you have your plex plugin configured then maybe we can tell you how to transfer it to docker. It shouldn't be difficult.

I am noticing a few items/issues since upgrading from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1. Diagnostics attached.

Items are.

1) Feb 12 18:42:57 NAS-03 root: Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 146

2) Feb 12 18:42:58 NAS-03 root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Feb 12 18:42:58 NAS-03 root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

3) Unassigned devices appear to spin back up. I clicked the spin down buttons for disks sdr/sdq/sdn via the gui. A couple of minutes later I see the disks appears to either have not spun down, or have spun back up so click on spin down again.

Feb 12 18:43:30 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdr

Feb 12 18:43:32 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdq

Feb 12 18:43:34 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdn

Feb 12 18:45:32 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdr

Feb 12 18:45:35 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdq

Feb 12 18:45:38 NAS-03 emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/hd_parm down sdn

Items 1) & 3) are repeatable across 3 reboots since running 6.3.1.  I have only just noticed 2) however it may have existed on the prior reboots running 6.3.1 as well.

Any suggestions/help appreciated.

nas-03-diagnostics-20170212-1846.zip

1) Feb 12 18:42:57 NAS-03 root: Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 146

Looks like the system is referencing the repositories you've added and failing at it.  I would personally advise to install Community Applications and forget all about using repositories.  If you already have CA, then it sounds like you may need to set static DNS addresses (say 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and make sure the Default gateway points to your router

2) Feb 12 18:42:58 NAS-03 root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Feb 12 18:42:58 NAS-03 root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

Means that you have a browser on some device (or ControlR running on your phone) from before the reboot.  csrf_tokens are generated randomly every reboot, so an open browser session from before the reboot will cause this error to occur.

I have a similar situation,  but what I already figured out is that is working when I access from a linux machine (regular nfs mount), but not on kodi in windows.

After some digging up, I managed to "fix" it with manual adding "nordirplus" on nfs export options:

"/mnt/user/media" -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=100,nordirplus *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)

and issueing a

exportfs -ra

to reload the new setup. This doesn't stay permanent because get override with time, but didn't had time yet to figure out, why this works and how to permanent fix it. Giving here my finds to see if it helps out.