Preclear plugin

I honestly miss that. I need to fork everything or just add a new xml file on it?

You can issue a PR with a new xml to me, but I'd rather you fork it then I don't have to worry about it.  And, you're not alone in missing the PMs.  A few other authors missed them also.

Although technically you don't have to do anything other than add the appropriate XML's to an existing repo you have.

I honestly miss that. I need to fork everything or just add a new xml file on it?

You can issue a PR with a new xml to me, but I'd rather you fork it then I don't have to worry about it.  And, you're not alone in missing the PMs.  A few other authors missed them also.

Can you send me the message again explaining how this work?

It was a reply to me.  I discovered my error and deleted my post and he must have seen it before I removed it.

Excellent script.  Works as expected when I try to run it from the proper spot. :)

That's expected, since the beta plugin is not compatible with Unassigned Devices. Please go to Settings>Preclear Disk Beta

gfjardim ... was that reply for me?

If so i do not understand what you are trying to tell me. I do not have a preclear disk beta tab within settings. FYI i downloaded the 'amended' version by 'search'ing for 'preclear' on the CA apps tab. It downloaded the new version (dated today) and the install script confirmed this but the plugin it installed still shows old timestamps and version number against it and hasn't got 'beta' anywhere to be seen. You know much better than me how these things work. I'm just happy to confirm that it does!!

Seeing a reply to a deleted post was initially confusing but now I'm curious as to how the beta Pre-clear plugin is incompatible with the Unassigned Devices plugin, since this is the first time I've seen an incompatibility mentioned and because I have both installed.

It was a reply to me.  I discovered my error and deleted my post and he must have seen it before I removed it.

Excellent script.  Works as expected when I try to run it from the proper spot. :)

That's expected, since the beta plugin is not compatible with Unassigned Devices. Please go to Settings>Preclear Disk Beta

gfjardim ... was that reply for me?

If so i do not understand what you are trying to tell me. I do not have a preclear disk beta tab within settings. FYI i downloaded the 'amended' version by 'search'ing for 'preclear' on the CA apps tab. It downloaded the new version (dated today) and the install script confirmed this but the plugin it installed still shows old timestamps and version number against it and hasn't got 'beta' anywhere to be seen. You know much better than me how these things work. I'm just happy to confirm that it does!!

Seeing a reply to a deleted post was initially confusing but now I'm curious as to how the beta Pre-clear plugin is incompatible with the Unassigned Devices plugin, since this is the first time I've seen an incompatibility mentioned and because I have both installed.

He didn't saw those Preclear icons in Unassigned Devices, and that is an expected behavior since the beta plugin's path is different.

Sort of explains how i've managed to get the beta version of the plugin identifying itself as a kosher version. But ... something strange happened with the preclear overnight. It stopped! Nothing running this morning and array not started which to me looks like the array has rebooted??? Need to take a further look but this 8TB certainly doesnt want to be precleared.

Sort of explains how i've managed to get the beta version of the plugin identifying itself as a kosher version. But ... something strange happened with the preclear overnight. It stopped! Nothing running this morning and array not started which to me looks like the array has rebooted??? Need to take a further look but this 8TB certainly doesnt want to be precleared.

Probably the server rebooted.

I have been Preclearing 3 HHD withe the PreClear Beta for 2 days now.

It is in the PreRead phase of cycle 2 for 2 8tb hard drives and iI think n the PreRead phase for a 4tb drive running.

When I attempted to open the plugin to watch the progress I received

this error and the plugin refuses to open though the preclear appears to continue to run

Any idea what I should do ?

PreClear_Beta_Error.JPG.a719ce847ae6c3a8dfb68291f770a551.JPG

I have been Preclearing 3 HHD withe the PreClear Beta for 2 days now.

It is in the PreRead phase of cycle 2 for 2 8tb hard drives and iI think n the PreRead phase for a 4tb drive running.

When I attempted to open the plugin to watch the progress I received

this error and the plugin refuses to open though the preclear appears to continue to run

Any idea what I should do ?

Your /var/log directory is full. If you have enough RAM, you should run this command:

mount -o remount,size=256m /var/log

Add that to your /boot/config/go file to make it persistent.

Thank you for the prompt assistance

I entered the line of code and it corrected the log error

I also added it to the Config/Go file as you suggested.

I have several more 8tb drives to clear.

Is there a place where one can read all the logging at the finish of the PreClear ?

Also you may want to know about this end of file error that gets displayed when the script gets to the end of the disk.

End_of_File.PNG.3ae2e9bab438d6702303bed654e7f9b5.PNG

As the PreClear Beta continues on my 3 HHDs. 2- 8tb and 1- 4tb I received the following error message again when I checked the status.

The HDDs are currently in Cycle 2, Step 2, Zeroing.

Several days of preclearing so I hate to interrupt or cancel at this point

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 197 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/Preclear.php on line 50 Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 196 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/Preclear.php on line 50 Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 196 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/Preclear.php on line 50

Device Identification Temp Size Preclear Status

Please wait... retrieving information

I have already entered the code you suggested previously including adding it to the go file.

mount -o remount,size=256m /var/log

Add that to your /boot/config/go file to make it persistent

I tried to search for my answer on this... as I'm new to unraid in general and couldn't find my answer on the 41 pages this thread is, so forgive me if I missed it.  Installed the pre-cleared plugin, however I only see SSDs/Cache pool drives.  Any particular reason I can't pre-clear what I think may be a bad parity drive?

I tried to search for my answer on this... as I'm new to unraid in general and couldn't find my answer on the 41 pages this thread is, so forgive me if I missed it.  Installed the pre-cleared plugin, however I only see SSDs/Cache pool drives.  Any particular reason I can't pre-clear what I think may be a bad parity drive?

You cannot run preclear against any drive that is assigned to the unRAID array.  I assume that you currently have the drive in question assigned as parity?

You cannot run preclear against any drive that is assigned to the unRAID array.  I assume that you currently have the drive in question assigned as parity?

I found this bug other day by accident. If you remove your parity drive from the array, it still doesn't appear on the plugin main page.

Please update your plugin and try again.

[glow=red,2,300]Update to Beta:[/glow]

- Fix: Better S.M.A.R.T. report

- Add: Save a report in /boot/preclear_reports

- Add: pause any preclear operations while array start/stop

- Add: Initial SMART reporting

gfjardim

Thank you for the update

You can disregard the previous request for help as the latest update fixed the error message.

Do I still need the added line .... mount -o remount,size=256m /var/log......in the Go file ?

gfjardim

Thank you for the update

You can disregard the previous request for help as the latest update fixed the error message.

Do I still need the added line .... mount -o remount,size=256m /var/log......in the Go file ?

If you have spare RAM memory, then better you leave it there. Lots of plugins use that directory for logging.

Does that mean you can stop the array during a preclear . Add additional hard drives and restart the array and the preclear will resume ?

This does NOT Mean you can reboot the system ?

• Squid featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Squid unpinned this topic