Preclear plugin

Where do the preclear reports output to with the new beta plugin?  Can't seem to find them.

Under \\<Server>\flash\preclear_reports\

I have no preclear reports in there from the 3 cycles I just ran on my new Seagate 8TB drive.  The latest ones I have are from 02-19-2016.

EDIT:  Don't mind my slowness this morning...I was looking at the wrong server :(.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE PRECLEAR BETA:[/glow]

Add: Notification capability

Fix: Move Preclear icon to Tools

Fix: Fix unknown terminal "screen" error

Fix: Preclear script not reading the end of the disk

Update: tmux (2.1), libevent (2.0.22) and ncurses (5.9-4)

Where do the preclear reports output to with the new beta plugin?  Can't seem to find them.

Did you perhaps mean  \\<Server>\boot\preclear_reports\ ?

I don't think so. That was a UNC network path as it would be specified from Windows. Don't know about others. The boot drive is the flash share. Of course you know that so maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

Did you perhaps mean  \\<Server>\boot\preclear_reports\ ?

I don't think so. That was a UNC network path as it would be specified from Windows. Don't know about others. The boot drive is the flash share. Of course you know that so maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

No, you're right, my mistake.

Just install this beta plugin @ my 6.2 beta23 server, it can run in the PLUS licence server but not in the TRIAL licence server. The web console just show "Starting", but in fact "dd" not running.

1.jpg

After some troubleshooting, it seems to be problem on "usr/bin/tmux"

root@Tower:/usr/bin# /usr/bin/tmux new-session -d -x 140 -y 200 -s preclear_disk_sdb

/usr/bin/tmux: error while loading shared libraries: libutempter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

BTW, I can run preclear if execute script directly

/bin/bash /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh --notify 1 --frequency 3 --cycles 5 --skip-preread --skip-postread --no-prompt /dev/sdb

2.jpg

Thanks

1.jpg.5ddafb0f153a427be6c29c2706db54a8.jpg

2.jpg.8bbf9b37cd7463f9b300e9190dfabbf5.jpg

Just install this beta plugin @ my 6.2 beta23 server, it can run in the PLUS licence server but not in the TRIAL licence server. The web console just show "Starting", but in fact "dd" not running.

I reinstalled the old preclear plugin on a 6.2 beta23 trial server and it allows me to run a clear normally with the preclear beta plugin.

Thanks a lot for your report. Please update and try again. The running preclear sessions won't stop because of the update.

Thanks a lot for your report. Please update and try again. The running preclear sessions won't stop because of the update.

Just have update, it work now, thanks a lot.

Hi,

I just used the preclear plugin for one new disk that I want to use as a replacement drive and therefore keep it unassigned.

However, I'm using this command with the S3 sleep plugin after wake up to spin up all drives.

/usr/bin/wget  -q  -O  -  localhost/update.htm?cmdSpinupAll=Spin%20Up >/dev/null

As I'm a Linux noob I don't know if this only spins up the drives of the array or unassigned devices aswell.

But it seems so because the precleared disk is spun up after wake up and will never spin down anymore.

So can I adjust the command above so that it only refers to the array?

Or how do I achive that the precleared disk does not spin up anymore?

Found this after the completion of a two-cycle preclear.  There was also no report in the /preclear_reports folder! 

(also note that in the RESULTS line that successfully is incorrectly spelled!)

--> ATTENTION: Please take a look into the SMART report above for drive health issues.

--> RESULT: Preclear finished succesfully.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1382: /boot/preclear_reports/preclear_report_WD-XXXXXXXXXXXXX_2016
.07.04-19:54:05.txt: Invalid argument
root@Rose:/usr/local/emhttp#

EDIT:  It was late last night when I posted and I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I had forgotten to post a lot of information!!!  I am using the Preclear Disk beta and running unRAID 6.2-b23. I have also attached the Diagnostics file.

rose-diagnostics-20160705-0659.zip

After upgrading to UnRAID 6.1.9 today, the preclear plugin no longer works. It shows drives to be precleared, and indicates that the script is present, but pressing the 'Start Preclear' text button does nothing. It seems like this problem was reported a little while back, but with no resolution. Any ideas? I did try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, with no effect.

After upgrading to UnRAID 6.1.9 today, the preclear plugin no longer works. It shows drives to be precleared, and indicates that the script is present, but pressing the 'Start Preclear' text button does nothing. It seems like this problem was reported a little while back, but with no resolution. Any ideas? I did try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, with no effect.

Did you modify the preclear_disk.sh file to incorporate the change to work with Ver 6.2.X?  You can find the command to do this modification in this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.msg477756#msg477756

You use the second one (the one not in the quote).  I know this now because I am just finishing up a 3Tb using the modified script using that second command line.

unRAID version 6.2.0 has newer packages installed for libevent and ncurses, you can make a conditional installation of these files in the plugin as follows:

<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/&name;/libevent-2.0.21-x86_64-1.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new" [color=red]Max="6.1.9"[/color]>

<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/&name;/ncurses-5.9-x86_64-2.txz" Run="installpkg"[color=red] Max="6.1.9"[/color]>

It's confusing because of the many versions and because the original plugin is just a front-end for the scrip while the beta plugin is stand-alone:

Working with v6.2-beta:

Edited original Preclear script (command line only)

Edited unofficial faster Preclear script (command line only)

Preclear plugin with either of the edited(*) scripts

Stand-alone beta Preclear plugin

* When editing the script don't forget that the plugin uses the script located in /boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/ directory.

So i have question on the "Edited unofficial faster Preclear script (command line only)" part of the comment above for the beta plugin.

If the script is stand alone and there is not script to run in the folder \\tower\flash\config\plugins\preclear.disk.beta how is this run.

I currently have a preclear running on a 3TB drive that's done 41% pre-read in 8 hrs, i would like to invoke the faster pre/post read options i have used  it in the past via command.

Or, have i misinterpreted this being a stand alone plugin and the beta plugin is still reliant on the old script location \\tower\flash\config\plugins\preclear.disk?

Im also a bit baffled by the speed its showing

Current Speed 132MB/s

Average Speed 43MB/s

############################################################################################################################
#                                                                                                                          #
#                                        unRAID Server Pre-Clear of disk /dev/sdb                                          #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 3, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#                                                                                                                          #
#   Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read in progress:                                                                      (41% Done)    #
#   ** Time elapsed: 8:02:14 | Current speed: 133 MB/s | Average speed: 43 MB/s                                            #
############################################################################################################################
#                                   Cycle elapsed time: 8:02:21 | Total elapsed time: 8:02:22                              #
#                                                   S.M.A.R.T. Status                                                      #
#   ATTRIBUTE                      INITIAL    STATUS                                                                       #
#   5-Reallocated_Sector_Ct        0          -                                                                            #
#   9-Power_On_Hours               18619      -                                                                            #
#   194-Temperature_Celsius        25         -                                                                            #
#   196-Reallocated_Event_Count    0          -                                                                            #
#   197-Current_Pending_Sector     0          -                                                                            #
#   198-Offline_Uncorrectable      0          -                                                                            #
#   199-UDMA_CRC_Error_Count       23034      -                                                                            #
#   SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED                                                               #
###########################################################################################################################

There is a major difference there, any ideas?

Edit: Im running 6.2-rc1

Or, have i misinterpreted this being a stand alone plugin and the beta plugin is still reliant on the old script location \\tower\flash\config\plugins\preclear.disk?

Im also a bit baffled by the speed its showing

Current Speed 132MB/s

Average Speed 43MB/s

Edit: Im running 6.2-rc1

If it is any consolation, I saw the same thing.  The only thing that I observed is that Disk drive activity light was going off-and-on during the read potion and it was on continuously during the write part.  So I assume that there is less overhead in the write operations then in the read (and verify) part. 

It's confusing because of the many versions and because the original plugin is just a front-end for the scrip while the beta plugin is stand-alone:

Working with v6.2-beta:

Edited original Preclear script (command line only)

Edited unofficial faster Preclear script (command line only)

Preclear plugin with either of the edited(*) scripts

Stand-alone beta Preclear plugin

* When editing the script don't forget that the plugin uses the script located in /boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/ directory.

So i have question on the "Edited unofficial faster Preclear script (command line only)" part of the comment above for the beta plugin.

If the script is stand alone and there is not script to run in the folder \\tower\flash\config\plugins\preclear.disk.beta how is this run.

I think you may have missed his point, those are 4 separate choices for Preclearing with 6.2.  You can use the beta (which doesn't need a script), or you can use the regular Preclear with either of the scripts (modified), or you can use either of the scripts (probably modified) at the command line.

I think you may have missed his point, those are 4 separate choices for Preclearing with 6.2.  You can use the beta (which doesn't need a script), or you can use the regular Preclear with either of the scripts (modified), or you can use either of the scripts (probably modified) at the command line.

@RobJ Thanks for that details, i see i misunderstood it.

Also another problem i have now is that i got the following during my preclear last night.

It didnt complete a whole cycle of the preclear but it sent a notification to say that it had, the details show that it got 53% of the way through cycle 1 and crashed/stopped/finished what ever it wants to call it.

This is using the beta script.

#                                        unRAID Server Pre-Clear of disk /dev/sdb                                          #
#                                       Cycle 1 of 3, partition start on sector 64.                                        #
#   Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read in progress:                                                                      (53% Done)    #
#   ** Time elapsed: 10:29:49 | Current speed: 121 MB/s | Average speed: 42 MB/s                                           #
#                                Cycle elapsed time: 10:29:57 | Total elapsed time: 10:29:58                               #
#                                                   S.M.A.R.T. Status                                                      #
#   ATTRIBUTE                      INITIAL    STATUS                                                                       #
#   5-Reallocated_Sector_Ct        0          -                                                                            #
#   9-Power_On_Hours               18619      -                                                                            #
#   194-Temperature_Celsius        25         -                                                                            #
#   196-Reallocated_Event_Count    0          -                                                                            #
#   197-Current_Pending_Sector     0          -                                                                            #
#   198-Offline_Uncorrectable      0          -                                                                            #
#   199-UDMA_CRC_Error_Count       23034      -                                                                            #
#   SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED                                                               #
###########################################################################################################################?
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 597: 1611695554560 +  : syntax error: operand expected (error tok
en is "+  ")
--> ATTENTION: Please take a look into the SMART report above for drive health issues.
--> RESULT: Preclear finished succesfully.
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 679: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 713: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 713: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 772: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 775: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 679: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 781: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 784: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 784: echo: write error: No space left on device
tail: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 788: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1292: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1293: echo: write error: No space left on device
/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk.beta/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1302: /boot/preclear_reports/preclear_report_WD-WMC4N2694512_2016
.07.12-02:02:22.txt: Invalid argument
root@Tower:/usr/local/emhttp#

I have tried to pull the diag reports but all i gar it s error of "404 File not found"

clicking download on the syslog also gives the same error.

No preclear reports have been pleased in the preclear_reports folder for this drive

i dont know if this makes a difference as it wrting to the flash drive with has 11GB free, but there was no drives mounted.

I have restarted the preclear via the beat plugin and ill see if it stops at 2am again when community applications appdata backup starts to run.

I have my logs backup every hr so i was able to get them the time the preclear finished was 2am 12/07/16.

After a reboot i was able to get the diag report which is also attached

tower-diagnostics-20160712-1457.zip

syslog-20160712-143118.zip

Hi,

I just used the preclear plugin for one new disk that I want to use as a replacement drive and therefore keep it unassigned.

However, I'm using this command with the S3 sleep plugin after wake up to spin up all drives.

/usr/bin/wget  -q  -O  -  localhost/update.htm?cmdSpinupAll=Spin%20Up >/dev/null

As I'm a Linux noob I don't know if this only spins up the drives of the array or unassigned devices aswell.

But it seems so because the precleared disk is spun up after wake up and will never spin down anymore.

So can I adjust the command above so that it only refers to the array?

Or how do I achive that the precleared disk does not spin up anymore?

Can someone help please? :)

is it normal that unassigned drives are spun up alle the time and never spin down?

I'd like to have them spun down all the time.

Also another problem i have now is that i got the following during my preclear last night.

It didnt complete a whole cycle of the preclear but it sent a notification to say that it had, the details show that it got 53% of the way through cycle 1 and crashed/stopped/finished what ever it wants to call it.

This is using the beta script.

There are a number of issues -

* You have IDE emulation turned on for some of your onboard SATA ports, and at the moment the SSD is using one.  In fact, perhaps because the BIOS is from early 2011, something about the SSD is odd enough that the kernel slowed down the speed to the SSD, to UDMA/33, because it thinks it's using a "40-wire cable", instead of the standard 80-wire IDE cable!  When you next boot, go into the BIOS settings and look for any SATA modes, and change it to a native SATA mode, preferably AHCI if available, anything but IDE emulation mode.  It should be faster, and a little safer.

* You really need to clean up the plugins loaded.  Your system is an unhappy mix of old and new.  It looks like you may have started with a v6 beta from early 2015, and never cleaned off the old stuff installed back then.

- You are installing dynamix.kvm.manager.plg, which is almost certainly incompatible.

- It finds and tries to install an old version of dynamix.plg, but recognizes it as old and skips it.

- It installs both the Preclear beta plugin and the Preclear plugin, which is a problem, because it installs the beta plugin first and all of its dependencies, then installs the older Preclear plugin, and uninstalls(!) all of the dependencies of the beta plugin, then installs the older versions of those dependencies for itself.  So you are trying to run the Preclear beta plugin without the dependency functions it was designed for.

- It installs both the old and incompatible SNAP plugin, and the new and current Uninstalled Devices plugin.

- It starts UnMENU, and I can't tell what it loads, but it should be checked to see if it's loading something that's too old.

- Some or all of the above are almost certainly affecting stable behavior of the system.  Difficulty running any Preclears is not at all surprising.

* At some point, it would be a good idea (I think) to re-prepare your unRAID boot drive, and only add those functions you truly need.  With a 1.5GHz processor, you will have some difficulty running very much at the same time, so you may want to limit how much is installed.

* At some point, it would be a good idea (I think) to re-prepare your unRAID boot drive, and only add those functions you truly need.  With a 1.5GHz processor, you will have some difficulty running very much at the same time, so you may want to limit how much is installed.

@RobJ Thanks for the run down, something i should of added was its a test box on a HP n40L micro server.  It was a flash drive that had been in my main unRAID server and put it in my test box.

I have since wiped it and installed a fresh copy of rc2 with needed plugins

Thanks again

• Squid featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Squid unpinned this topic