Preclear plugin

haven't had to preclear a drive in ages. It said it passed but got this.

############################################################################################################################

#                                                                                                                          #

#                                        unRAID Server Pre-Clear of disk /dev/sdk                                          #

#                                      Cycle 1 of 1, partition start on sector 64.                                        #

#                                                                                                                          #

#  Step 1 of 5 - Pre-read verification:                                                  [14:58:14 @ 74 MB/s] SUCCESS    #

#  Step 2 of 5 - Zeroing the disk:                                                        [7:19:05 @ 151 MB/s] SUCCESS    #

#  Step 3 of 5 - Writing unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                          SUCCESS    #

#  Step 4 of 5 - Verifying unRAID's Preclear signature:                                                        SUCCES/usr/local/emhttp/plug

ins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 782: echo: write error: No space left on device                            #

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 807: echo: write error: No space left on device      #

cat: write error: No space left on device                                                                                  #

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1357: echo: write error: No space left on device    #

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1358: echo: write error: No space left on device    #

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1367: /boot/preclear_reports/preclear_report_5000c500742a477b_2016.09.

10-22:33:12.txt: Invalid argument                                                                                          #

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/preclear.disk/script/preclear_disk.sh: line 1383: /tmp/.preclear/sdk/smart_out: No such file or directory

############################################################################################################################

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 545 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/noti

fy on line 191##############################################################################################################

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 187 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/noti

fy on line 192

root@Tower:/usr/local/emhttp

I suspect you have run out of log space in tmp.

What do you have for the log entry on Dashboard - System Status (General) - flash log docker.

Which preclear script and plugin should i be using for 6.2 final that was just released?

the one (and there is now only one) available via Community Applications plugin.

I see a dropdown for "script" and two options: Joe L. and gfjardim. Should I not be seeing those both?

Now there's only one plugin, but you can choose the original preclear script (wrote by Joe L.) and mine. This option only appears if you put the original script in /boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/ .

tput: unknown terminal "screen"

etc,etc

I've noticed some people suggesting to use the original scripts but I don't get that option from the drop down when selecting preclear.

I'm seeing the same output, do we know what's going on here? I'm tempted to just let it finish, as the plug in status seems to be chugging along.

note: I do have nerdtools installed and screen is active.

UnRAID 6.1.9

pre clear plugin 2016.09.11a, using default script (not Joe's original)

On a different note, Below is what all my pre clear reports look like? Needless to say, not terribly helpful. Not sure what to make of this. Especially troubling due to the problem reported above with the progress display. I was hoping to use the reports to see what happened, but there is no useable info in them. Any help would be appreciated.

Last login: Tue Sep 20 11:32:51 on ttys000
Mathews-MacBook-Pro-5:~ mat$ /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06 ; exit;
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 1: Disk:: command not found
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: `smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-4.1.13-unRAID] (local build)'
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

On a different note, Below is what all my pre clear reports look like? Needless to say, not terribly helpful. Not sure what to make of this. Especially troubling due to the problem reported above with the progress display. I was hoping to use the reports to see what happened, but there is no useable info in them. Any help would be appreciated.

Mathews-MacBook-Pro-5:~ mat$ /Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06 ; exit;
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 1: Disk:: command not found
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/Volumes/flash/preclear_reports/preclear_finish_VKHR63TX_2016-07-06: line 2: `smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-4.1.13-unRAID] (local build)'
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Nope, OSX is trying to open the report as an executable; open the file using TextEdit instead.

thanks. <DOH> really appreciate your help.

However, in relation to the 1st issue above, the new preclear report, which is saved as a text file, contains a full page of this:

Obviously related to the status display issue when running the plugin. I know this was happening earlier, and was addressed in an update, but it seems to be rearing it's head again. I have attached diagnostics, should that be helpful.

logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Nope, OSX is trying to open the report as an executable; open the file using TextEdit instead.

tower-diagnostics-20160921-1330.zip

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

###2016.09.23a

- Fix: script error appearing if SMART is not available

###2016.09.23

- Add: show reports of listed disks in the webui;

- Fix: page scrolling while updating;

- Fix: make link point to Tools;

- Fix: increase disk column width;

- Fix: better script report.

thanks. <DOH> really appreciate your help.

However, in relation to the 1st issue above, the new preclear report, which is saved as a text file, contains a full page of this:

Please update and see if last update helps.

Does this only support 6.2 going forward?

plugin: updating: preclear.disk.plg

plugin: installed unRAID version is too low, require at least version 6.2

Certainly appears so...  gfjardim must have also forgotten to update the template with <MinVer> so the app won't show up in CA, and the changelog within the .plg file, and the threads, and the OP

At least he gave you a week before deprecating the plugin for some reason on 6.1.x

i can't seem to make it work...

i was previously using 6.1.9 and was able to use Joe L's preclear script from the terminal on one of my drives, now i upgraded to 6.2 and it no longer works saying "device is busy" so i installed gfjardim's Preclear Disk plugin from the Community Applications plugin and also moved Joe L's script inside config\plugins\preclear.disk, but whenever i try to run either of the scripts from the Tools tab, it gets stuck with the "Starting..." status with the cancel button, on the Main tab, it shows "Preclear in progress... Starting..." but it stays that way and doesn't proceed to what i'm assuming is the actual preclear process with a % progress

is this long "Starting" process normal? it has been stuck in this status for hours now

i can't seem to make it work...

i was previously using 6.1.9 and was able to use Joe L's preclear script from the terminal on one of my drives, now i upgraded to 6.2 and it no longer works saying "device is busy" so i installed gfjardim's Preclear Disk plugin from the Community Applications plugin and also moved Joe L's script inside config\plugins\preclear.disk, but whenever i try to run either of the scripts from the Tools tab, it gets stuck with the "Starting..." status with the cancel button, on the Main tab, it shows "Preclear in progress... Starting..." but it stays that way and doesn't proceed to what i'm assuming is the actual preclear process with a % progress

is this long "Starting" process normal? it has been stuck in this status for hours now

Version 6.2 requires that the original preclear script be modified to work properly.  Se here for instructions:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13054.msg464653#msg464653

Hope this helps!

Does this only support 6.2 going forward?

plugin: updating: preclear.disk.plg

plugin: installed unRAID version is too low, require at least version 6.2

Certainly appears so...  gfjardim must have also forgotten to update the template with <MinVer> so the app won't show up in CA, and the changelog within the .plg file, and the threads, and the OP

At least he gave you a week before deprecating the plugin for some reason on 6.1.x

I was in a hurry and didn't try to make this work under 6.1.9. There are some mismatch in dependencies versions that I can't easily resolve. I'll try to fix this in the next release.

I've installed the plugin, downloaded the script, and made the modification noted above, but it seems to stay at "starting..." forever.

I tried here and can't reproduce. Could you post what you see when you hit Preview (the eye icon)?

I've installed the plugin, downloaded the script, and made the modification noted above, but it seems to stay at "starting..." forever.

I tried here and can't reproduce. Could you post what you see when you hit Preview (the eye icon)?

I just reinstalled the plugin from scratch to make sure it was up to date.  I don't see an eye icon / preview button in the plugin interface. (Maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot?)

I assume the eye icon appears once the script has started.  I'm running 6.2 btw, and using the interface under tools -> Preclear

I just reinstalled the plugin from scratch to make sure it was up to date.  I don't see an eye icon / preview button in the plugin interface. (Maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot?)

I assume the eye icon appears once the script has started.  I'm running 6.2 btw, and using the interface under tools -> Preclear

Like this:

2gUXe7q.png

Result:

tmux: error while loading shared libraries: libutempter.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware64-14.1/slackware64/a/utempter-1.1.5-x86_64-1.txz -> perhaps this is needed.

After installing that, I get:

error connecting to /tmp/tmux-0/default (No such file or directory)

Then I run:

touch /tmp/tmux-0/default

and try again and get:

no server running on /tmp/tmux-0/default  -> This is probably because i just made a blank file though.

HOWEVER - After installing that dependency, I tried from the GUI again, and this time it still says "starting..." but now has the eye icon (which shows my invalid -R error meaning I forgot to modify the script after reinstalling).

EDIT: Works now from the GUI.

• Squid featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Squid unpinned this topic