Preclear plugin

Ok after installing the missing dependency, and modifying the script for 6.2 (which I had forgot this second time around) it's working now.  Thanks :)

Thanks a lot for helping me debug this!

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

- Fix: utempter depencency not installed

- Add: "Answer Yes" button on Joe L. script if needed.

- Add: preclear command to show status on shell

So I ran the update and had the same issue after starting the plugin.

Ran what you posted previously.

tmux ls|awk 'BEGIN { FS=":" } /^preclear_disk/ {print $1}'|while read i; do tmux capture-pane -t "$i" && tmux show-buffer | sed '/^$/{:a;N;s/\n$//;ta}'; done

error connecting to /tmp/tmux-0/default (No such file or directory)

Did what PhAzE posted...

touch /tmp/tmux-0/default

re-ran the tmux code

no server running on /tmp/tmux-0/default

Still not able to start the plugin.

WJXMffI.png

I have this issue with 6.2, using the latest Preclear plugin. Installed from CA. Modified the script as suggested. It never shows any drives. I'm able to run the script manually through Screen/Putty without a problem.

WJXMffI.png

I'm running into the same issue.  Fresh install of UNRAID from scratch and plugin installed through community-app.

Updated to .26b and still had the same issue.

I noticed on the flash, I had a new directory /boot/.preclear

I didn't see a directory /boot/preclear_reports  -  I added the directory manually and it now shows me the unassigned drive. I presume it may be working now. Can't test, as I'd already started the preclear manually.

Is this all I will see, if I currently have the preclear running manually?

siECS5l.png

EDIT:

I also ran the tmux code and still have...

if that matters?

EDIT2:

I guess something is still wrong, I don't see the 'eye' that was being discussed earlier and in gfjardim's screenshot.

Updated to .26b and still had the same issue.

I noticed on the flash, I had a new directory /boot/.preclear

I didn't see a directory /boot/preclear_reports  -  I added the directory manually and it now shows me the unassigned drive. I presume it may be working now. Can't test, as I'd already started the preclear manually.

Is this all I will see, if I currently have the preclear running manually?

siECS5l.png

EDIT:

I also ran the tmux code and still have...

if that matters?

EDIT2:

I guess something is still wrong, I don't see the 'eye' that was being discussed earlier and in gfjardim's screenshot.

I can confirm that there is a .preclear file that exists at /boot and that did not resolve the retrieving information problem.  I followed your lead by creating a preclear_reports folder and my unassigned drives appeared immediately.

Thanks!

koshia

Do you have the 'eye' icon?

2gUXe7q.png

EDIT:

It probably only shows after starting a preclear. I'm curious if it shows only when a preclear is started from the plugin or if it should also be there if a preclear was started manually?

Correct - The eye only shows up after you initiate a preclear job.

After upgrading to unRAID 6.2 from 6.1 (did not install any betas), Preclear disappeared from the Plugins page, but does appear under Tools.  It also offers a choice of script (gfjardim or Joe L.)  Is this the expected behavior and it's just built in now?  What's the difference in scripts?

I've been reading through various beta threads but couldn't find a definitive answer, so I figured this was the place to ask.  I just need to know if I need to do anything else before running my next preclear.  Thanks, and sorry for what's most likely a question that's already been answered... somewhere!

After upgrading to unRAID 6.2 from 6.1 (did not install any betas), Preclear disappeared from the Plugins page, but does appear under Tools.  It also offers a choice of script (gfjardim or Joe L.)  Is this the expected behavior and it's just built in now?  What's the difference in scripts?

I've been reading through various beta threads but couldn't find a definitive answer, so I figured this was the place to ask.  I just need to know if I need to do anything else before running my next preclear.  Thanks, and sorry for what's most likely a question that's already been answered... somewhere!

Hi.

Joe L. wrote the first preclear script and it's great, but he is too busy so some bugs are not being patched and some functionality is lacking (like notifications, for an example). I tried to incorporate those for him, edited the script and submitted, but got no answer. He didn't authorize me to distribute his plugin, so users need to download it by themselves. Because of that, I wrote another one, with a clearer interface, so it can be distributed alongside with this plugin.

The major reason to use my script over his is basically support. If you found an error in my script, I'll promptly fix it and release an update. Joe L. script needs to be manually patched from time to time. Other reasons are notifications (if that is important to you) and performance.

But in the end it's your choice to use one or the other.

Thanks for clarifying the script selection, and I really appreciate you offering us this functionality.

How about my main question: is Preclear now integrated with 6.2? If not, why did it disappear from Plugins (but still appears functional under Tools) when upgrading from unRAID 6.1 to 6.2 and what action do I need to take?

Thanks for clarifying the script selection, and I really appreciate you offering us this functionality.

How about my main question: is Preclear now integrated with 6.2? If not, why did it disappear from Plugins (but still appears functional under Tools) when upgrading from unRAID 6.1 to 6.2 and what action do I need to take?

strange, it still appears under my plugins!    It might be worth trying re-installing it via the Community Applications plugin.

I moved it because it's a tool and not a setting, and it's not being integrated into unRAID.

I do have a question. I have an array I had started with 3 disks and a parity drive. Has a single share with almost no data . I shut down the array and disabled all of them as shown in the attachment. However, none of them show up in my list of available disks to preclear?

Also, is a single cycle enough or should I being doing multiple? Thank you.

2016-10-04_15-58-20.jpg.72d5174e2c1097cdfe76959d271d6038.jpg

I do have a question. I have an array I had started with 3 disks and a parity drive. Has a single share with almost no data . I shut down the array and disabled all of them as shown in the attachment. However, none of them show up in my list of available disks to preclear?

Also, is a single cycle enough or should I being doing multiple? Thank you.

While the serial of that disk is registered in the super.dat file, you can't start a preclear on it. There are two solutions to preclear an array disk:

1) If you have a valid array, you can retire a disk by living its slot empty and then starting the array. Your disk serial will be erased from super.dat file and you can then start a preclear session;

2) If you want to preclear multiple array disks, you have to go to Tools > New Config and erase your super.dat file. This will result in your parity data being invalid, but if you want to erase multiple disks, that's inevitable.

As for your other question, I do run 3 cycles on my disks. The limit is 5 cycles, but you can start a new preclear after that. If you can wait some time, 5 cycles should be more than enough.

Hi gfjardim,

First thank you for the script/plugin, been using them for a while now since unRAID 6.0, and using Joe L.'s pre-clear script long before.  You've made the process such a breeze now.

Quick question, and I'm sure it's been asked before, but I just don't have the time to go through the thread. (Perhaps edit(ing) the first post with updates, and a FAQ?, something I think needs to be done a lot more on these forums, or move to a better forum software...  but I digress)

My issue is I'm not getting any S.M.A.R.T. reporting in neither the status view while pre-clear is running, or at the end in my reports.  The box is just blank.  I'm sure it's a quick fix, and other than that everything is working well.

Thanks again!

• Squid featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
  • Squid unpinned this topic