Preclear plugin

Hi,

My hard disk, WD green serial No. WMAZA 9837135 indicated it has finished preclear successfully.

But if I click on the link for seeing the report, it shows another WD green HDD.

It shows WMAZA 9742022? Why this happening?

It is bug within preclear?

Actually  WD green serial No. WMAZA 9742022 is still hasn't finished preclear.

See the bottom last picture attached.

Preclear-Error-1.jpg

Preclear-Error-2.jpg

Preclear-Error-3.jpg

Edited by wepee
2 hours ago, gfjardim said:

@wepee, please close all your browser windows and tabs and try it again. Let's try to replicate it.

I have closed my firefox browser and restarted again, log into my unraid server, 

click on the preclear icon, and then click the same hard disk, 

WD green serial No. WMAZA 9837135, no luck, no change, same issue.

Next step, I am going to restart my unraid server and see, before

that I need to wait for the preclear operation to finish the last HDD,

up till 90% at Post-read phase.

Edited by wepee

I've looked the code and I see no obvious way this is happening. It filters the report from /boot/preclear_reports using disk short serial number, and that value you see in the link it's the file base name without the extension. I've tried and couldn't replicate it too....

1 hour ago, gfjardim said:

I've looked the code and I see no obvious way this is happening. It filters the report from /boot/preclear_reports using disk short serial number, and that value you see in the link it's the file base name without the extension. I've tried and couldn't replicate it too....

Err.....bad news.....sobbing.......

I think the culprit came within my Kingmax usb 2.0 thumb drive.

I rebooted my unRAID server.......but couldn't log in. What was the problem? I am asking myself.......

Troubleshooting started....

I plugged in to the monitor of my server, the motherboard UEFI bios couldn't detected the Kingmax usb 2.0 thumb drive.

I plugged in an unused thumb drive, the UEFI bios was able to detect a thumb drive inserted.

Unplugged the Kingmax usb2.0 thumb drive, and inserted into my Windows 10 PC, it wasn't able to read the thumb drive.

So, I guess, pretty sure my Kingmax usb 2.0 thumb drive has kicked the bucket for good.

Question, does unRAID thumb drive has build-in software/plugin to minimize the wear on the flash memory on the drive itself?

Kingmax-4GB-USB2.0.jpg

Edited by wepee
14 minutes ago, wepee said:

Question, does unRAID thumb drive has build-in software/plugin to minimize the wear on the flash memory on the drive itself?

Unraid itself writes very little into the flash drive. You will see writes mainly during settings change, SO update and plugins update.

Plugins are a whole different matter. Many plugins use flash drive to store their own installation files and their configuration only, but some will store some status too like Preclear Plugin that stores reports and resume status. Resume status is written every minute, they are less than 1KB size, so every instance of preclear will write at most 1.44MB each 24 hours, which isn't much. It writes two 4KB reports too at the end, again, not much.

Not only NAND wearing kills flash drives. Some controllers too have low MTBF and will render your flash drive useless even if your memory isn't wore out.

I do recommend Sandisk flash drives since them all have wear leveling, but it's good to make a flash backup now and then.

I do recommend Sandisk flash drives since them all have wear leveling, but it's good to make a flash backup now and then.

Yes, I am installiing a fresh copy of unRAID on a Sandisk flash drive 8GB usb 2.0 thumb drive.

I think I should not be doing another round of preclear, since the last preclear operation has completely successfully,

unRAID will be noticed it, once I get the unRAID server up and running, right?

I mean it will recognize the hard disks since it has a preclear signature written on them from the last preclear operation, right?

Edited by wepee
1 minute ago, Damix21 said:

It didn't work. I tried with 3 different browser in 3 different PCs.

Mar 15 00:07:41 Atom root: error: /plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: wrong csrf_token
Mar 15 00:07:42 Atom root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 16 TIMES] ###
Mar 15 00:08:16 Atom root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 118 TIMES] ###
Mar 15 00:12:14 Atom root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 144 TIMES] ###
Mar 15 00:17:02 Atom root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

That what the syslog is telling us.

2 minutes ago, Damix21 said:

No luck, not work

Preclear Plugin usually tries to update your CSRF token if it's invalid. I've added a new version right now that changes this behavior, showing an alert instead. Please update it to 2020.03.14a and see if it helps.

1 minute ago, gfjardim said:

Preclear Plugin usually tries to update your CSRF token if it's invalid. I've added a new version right now that changes this behavior, showing an alert instead. Please update it to 2020.03.14a and see if it helps.

Maybe it is that. Thank you so much

• Squid unpinned this topic