Antivirus froze VM and hole unraid server - licence expired - HELP, what now!?

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi, i had a lot of problems with Avast running inside a Windows 7 VM. That was solved till today by using AVG instead of Avast, but today a update to AVG Free 1606 started the same problems like Avast did before, everything froze!  :-\

1. Windows 10 VM locking up unRAID 6.2 entirely on installation of Avast AV?

2. The whole server freezes

3. Windows 8.1 and Unraid freezes everytime I try to install Avast

Now i rebooted, but the Array wouldn't load because the license expired. So my first option is to buy unraid after it stopped working as intended. Or, save my data from all 6 drives manually and use a other solution that wouldn't freeze and rebuild the hole server? I would like to use unraid, its easier and more accessible than an vSphere or Xen solution for me. But does freezes, and the lack of a solution for this problem... :'(

Hi, i had a lot of problems with Avast running inside a Windows 7 VM. That was solved till today by using AVG instead of Avast, but today a update to AVG Free 1606 started the same problems like Avast did before, everything froze!  :-\

1. Windows 10 VM locking up unRAID 6.2 entirely on installation of Avast AV?

2. The whole server freezes

3. Windows 8.1 and Unraid freezes everytime I try to install Avast

Now i rebooted, but the Array wouldn't load because the license expired. So my first option is to buy unraid after it stopped working as intended. Or, save my data from all 6 drives manually and use a other solution that wouldn't freeze and rebuild the hole server? I would like to use unraid, its easier and more accessible than an vSphere or Xen solution for me. But does freezes, and the lack of a solution for this problem... :'(

Couple things:

1. You can get a Trial extension.

2. Can't help at all unless you post diagnostics as requested here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34456.0

This problem with avast should be solved starting with unRAID 6.3.