[Support] Linuxserver.io - Lychee

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Lychee

Application Site: https://lychee.electerious.com

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/lychee/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-lychee

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a mariadb in a docker that I use for Kodi already.

I've added a user/pass for Lychee in the database.

I seem stuck trying to get Lychee to connect to the database.  I'm not sure what I'm missing in terms of configuration?  

I checked the Lychee log, and no issues are reporting in there.

Any advice on next steps?

Thanks!

The actual error I'm getting is
"Unable to connect to host because access was denied, double check host, user-name & password, and check that access from your location is permitted"

I opted to let Lychee create the database.

Capture.PNG.4e59899fde1d0208de7e73bebb75bd25.PNG

Capture-1.PNG

Edited by montery
On 5/1/2017 at 11:43 AM, CHBMB said:

You haven't put the port in 192.168.1.200:3305

Ah, ok, actually  my port is 3306, so I tried specifying that as well.

I also dropped the user and created it manually:

CREATE USER 'lychee'@'%' identified by 'pictures';
Grant all on *.* to 'lychee';
Flush privileges;
/* Affected rows: 0  Found rows: 0  Warnings: 0  Duration for 3 queries: 0.062 sec. */

I then verified that lychee didn't have an expired password:

select user, password_expired from mysql.user

..and I verified my host was set to  '%' -- so it should accept a connection from anywhere.

I log into Lychee using 192.168.1.200:3306, username/password, and I get the error message above.

I check both Lychee and MariaDB logs - clean, even after a shutdown and restart of the services on both.

I'm sure I'm doing something elementary that is wrong, but I can't tell what it might be.

Thanks again in advance for the help, I do appreciate it.

Update:

I tried logging into the MariaDB through HeidiSQL using the username/password that I setup for Lychee, and I was able to login successfully through Heidi.

I don't know what the issue is with Lychee, but I'm guessing there is something not quite right with Lychee!

Edited by montery
update

Having the same issue as montery...can't connect Lychee to MariaDB.

Steps taken:

1. Installed MariaDB docker. Set port to 3306

2. Install Lychee docker. Set port to 83

3. Navigated to lan ip :83 and entered in the info found in Img_1 (attached)

All I see though is an error message saying Lychee can't connect (see Img_2 attached).

I clicked on the logs on each, and they both don't seem to show any errors. I've attached both of the log files.

What am I missing? User permissions?

Img_1.thumb.PNG.95e521a956a239e3feeb4fd38e593004.PNG

Img_2.PNG.69499775d5e0bfd2e95200a240dd9968.PNG

LOGS:

lychee_logs.txt

mariadb_logs.txt

Edit: After thinking about this, I'm feeling that Lychee the docker doesn't have access to MariaDB the docker. I'm new to all this, but that would make sense to me because I didn't set any permissions up between the two. I'm not sure how to add those permissions, but is that a valid thought? I need to add permission for Lychee to talk to MariaDB?

Edit 2: After a couple restarts, it finally starting working. Not sure what the issue was.

Edited by J_Hizzal
  • 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same issue as J_Hizzal described above.  I can't seem to connect the the database.  I am entering in the correct IP address, port, user and password.  No luck.  I have restarted mutiple times.

Looknig for suggestions.

Edit: So I deleted the password and logged into the database as root and solved the problem.

Edited by dubbly
Solved problem

Hi All,

Is everyone aware that Lychee is desctructive to photos when you import them?  Does the group here have a recommendation on how to resolve this?  Do, i need to create an entirely  seperate share for the photos on Lychee so that they are not destroyed?

Suggestions are appricated!

2 hours ago, dubbly said:

Hi All,

Is everyone aware that Lychee is desctructive to photos when you import them?  Does the group here have a recommendation on how to resolve this?  Do, i need to create an entirely  seperate share for the photos on Lychee so that they are not destroyed?

Suggestions are appricated!

I wouldn't describe it as destructive, but yes, it's not suitable to archive all your photos.  I personally use Nextcloud to store all my photos and my wife only uploads photos she wants to share to Lychee.

Basically I have the nextcloud client on mine and my wife's phones and it uploads any photos we take when connected to my home wifi.

Any photos we take using our proper camera we connect to a laptop and upload manually.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I am struggling to understand how to import from server function works. Whatever path I try to use, lychee is saying; Given path is not a directory (/mnt/user/Pictures)

Also, where does lynchee creates folder for pictures (/uploads)? 

This is my lychee log;

2017-09-02 23:41:27 - error - Lychee\Modules\Database::createTables (180) 	- Table 'lychee.lychee_settings' doesn't exist
2017-09-02 23:41:27 - error - Lychee\Modules\Database::createTables (225) 	- Table 'lychee.lychee_albums' doesn't exist
2017-09-02 23:41:27 - error - Lychee\Modules\Database::createTables (248) 	- Table 'lychee.lychee_photos' doesn't exist
2017-09-02 23:42:57 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/nmt/users/PiCTURES/TEST)
2017-09-02 23:45:22 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/nmt/users/PiCTURES/TEST)
2017-09-02 23:59:16 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/users/PiCTURES/TEST)
2017-09-03 00:00:56 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/users/PiCTURES/Thumbs)
2017-09-03 00:01:32 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/PiCTURES/TEST)
2017-09-03 00:13:43 - notice - Lychee\Modules\Session::login (81) 	- User (umax) has logged in from 192.168.1.7
2017-09-03 00:14:30 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/users/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:15:25 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/nmt/users/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:21:50 - notice - Lychee\Modules\Session::login (81) 	- User (umax) has logged in from 192.168.1.7
2017-09-03 00:23:17 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/user/Pictures)
2017-09-03 00:26:42 - notice - Lychee\Modules\Session::login (81) 	- User (umax) has logged in from 192.168.1.15
2017-09-03 00:39:43 - notice - Lychee\Modules\Session::login (81) 	- User (umax) has logged in from 192.168.1.7
2017-09-03 00:40:58 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::url (56) 	- Photo format not supported (/mnt/user/PiCTURES/)
2017-09-03 00:41:24 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/user/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:41:50 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/user/PiCTURES/boatTrip13-zaGledat)
2017-09-03 00:46:31 - notice - Lychee\Modules\Session::login (81) 	- User (umax) has logged in from 192.168.1.7
2017-09-03 00:46:53 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/user0/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:48:42 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/mnt/disk7/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:49:17 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/disk7/PiCTURES)
2017-09-03 00:49:33 - error - Lychee\Modules\Import::server (106) 	- Given path is not a directory (/PiCTURES)

Edited by umax
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Draic said:

I am just starting out with migrating to lychee, but I need to add some extensions (most importantly lycheesync). These are not included with the docker image afaik, but I do not see a way to change this. Any pointers, or could it be added to the image? 

Some links would be helpful

On 12/15/2018 at 10:56 AM, Draic said:

I am just starting out with migrating to lychee, but I need to add some extensions (most importantly lycheesync). These are not included with the docker image afaik, but I do not see a way to change this. Any pointers, or could it be added to the image? 

+1! i would be very much interessted in using your image with the lycheesync plugin as well. unfortunatelly i was not able not get the plugin working installed on the host, since the required application paths are not exposed by the container. has anybody had success with it? thx

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to import a large number of files, but the import process seems to hang after a certain # of pics imported.  Sometimes it's ~85, sometimes it's a few hundred, but eventually it stops importing but doesn't tell me. 

Is there some kind of setting or better way of doing this? I have around 18k pictures in total and importing them a few hundred at a time is painful.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, Draic said:

lychees github lists some extensions: https://github.com/electerious/Lychee

Personally I need the functionality of lycheesync: https://github.com/GustavePate/lycheesync

and I am also interested in lycheeupload for direct ssh uploads: https://github.com/r0x0r/lycheeupload

+1 for lycheesync or a way/a fork to use lycheesync with this docker image etc.

i dont want to duplicate my all photos or lose folder structure.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:27 PM, Coolsaber57 said:

I'm trying to import a large number of files, but the import process seems to hang after a certain # of pics imported.  Sometimes it's ~85, sometimes it's a few hundred, but eventually it stops importing but doesn't tell me. 

Is there some kind of setting or better way of doing this? I have around 18k pictures in total and importing them a few hundred at a time is painful.

That is one reason why I wanted to get some plugins added to the docker. The base install of lychee has no good ways for automation and large jobs like you mentioned. 

Might be lychee is just not a solution for use cases like this

6 hours ago, Draic said:

That is one reason why I wanted to get some plugins added to the docker. The base install of lychee has no good ways for automation and large jobs like you mentioned. 

Might be lychee is just not a solution for use cases like this

Yep, I moved on from Lychee for now.  I'm also concerned that it imports all of the pictures into the database, which means the files are no longer on my Share, but my Docker/VM ssd (unassigned drive).  I am still looking for a solution that will allow you to keep the photos where they are.  I'm trying Photoshow at the moment, but it's quite slow.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, Coolsaber57 said:

Yep, I moved on from Lychee for now.  I'm also concerned that it imports all of the pictures into the database, which means the files are no longer on my Share, but my Docker/VM ssd (unassigned drive).  I am still looking for a solution that will allow you to keep the photos where they are.  I'm trying Photoshow at the moment, but it's quite slow.

yep, but that is lycheesyncs pitch: Having both the lychee db (with its speed advantages) and the filesystem untouched.

I am also testing the alternatives. Fileshow and others that pride themselfes with a no db pitch are just to always to slow for my usecase. The closest so far to what I have in mind is filerun as it leaves the structures untouched, but has been quite fast. It just is not really designed to be used primarily with photos in mind, so it does not offer all the features I would like. Still not a bad solution for now. Check it out.

Piwigo shot itself in the foot instantly when the import feature crapped itself with utf8 problems, so that one was out quick

Photoprism looked promising but was nowhere near where it needs to be, but worth revisiting in the future.

Other options I have tried were not even worth mentioning. Never imagined photo/gallery server to be such a empty landscape :( 

Edited by Draic