[Support] cmer - Seafile

cmer

On 5/7/2018 at 9:09 PM, JoergHH said:

I understand that you don't have time to create a complete new image, but it would be helpful if you could change the existing image so that we can stop the SeaFile Server service only without closing the entire Docking container.

Here is work-around from the official Seafile Forum.

https://forum.seafile.com/t/docker-automatically-terminates-after-a-minute-within-the-container-opt-seafile-seafile-server-latest-seafile-sh-stop/6575/2

There is a workaround though:

Edit the script /scripts/start.py

and find the part with

time.sleep(5)

and replace it with (1 week duration):

time.sleep(604800)

restart the seafile server and than you are able to stop…

But its a workaround and there should be a true solution

I hope this helps

• Like 1
On 5/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, ncontorno said:

I just started having an issue. It looks like I upgraded from 6.2.5 to 6.3.0 and now seahub won't start and the container shuts down. Here is the log:

[05/27/18 15:42:55] ../common/session.c(132): using config file /opt/haiwen/conf/ccnet.conf
Starting seafile server, please wait ...
Seafile server started

Done.

Starting seahub at port 8000 ...

Error: '/opt/haiwen/conf/gunicorn.conf' doesn't exist
[33mError:Seahub failed to start.[m
Please try to run "./seahub.sh start" again

I haven't changed any configs or anything, it just stopped working. Any way I can get this going again?

I am having the same issue and adding the VERSION env variable with the latest version 6.3.2 is not working fo rme either...

Error:

Seafile server started

Done.

any other iseas??

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, airbillion said:

I am having the same issue and adding the VERSION env variable with the latest version 6.3.2 is not working fo rme either...

Error:

Seafile server started

Done.

any other iseas??

I have the same problem. But if you switch the version no. back to 6.2.13 the (prof) server will be running again.

Edited by JoergHH
wrong vers. no.
  • 1 month later...

I went back to Seafile a few months ago to sync files between my Linux and Windows machines. Everything was working fine but now it says:

Error: the user running the script ("seafile") is not the owner of "/seafile/seafile-data" folder, you should use the user "UNKNOWN" to run the script.

What could cause this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So afaik "Community Applications" apps can only run one container in a template, whereas docker-compose can run multiple containers in a compose file.  According to the Seafile docs here https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/docker/pro-edition/6.3 upgrade to 7.0.md version 7 has been broken up into multiple containers and "is configured and run using docker-compose".

It seems users will have to start using docker-compose with version 7 if deploying with Docker

Some notes on my upgrade experience:

- Upgrade instructions 6.3 to 7.0 https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/docker/6.3 upgrade to 7.0.md

- For deploying Seafile-pro https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/docker/pro-edition/6.3 upgrade to 7.0.md

- Make sure to edit the yml as needed.

- File structure: I organized the application files in a dir at "/mnt/user/seafile7/opt", that way it is in harmony with the Seafile documentation.  Hopefully this makes it easier to troubleshoot/maintain in the future.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 8.50.45 PM.png

I hope this helps

edit - seems I also had to expose ports for "seafhttp" "seafdav".  Not sure if I had set this up myself in my previous installation or the docs forgot to mention it

866715257_ScreenShot2020-02-17at10_34_35PM.thumb.png.3621c67045b551fcdca0f42f936925e7.png

Edited by m8ty
added a screenshot of the folder structure I use

Hi there.

I've been using seafile for a few weeks now. I like it a lot. Got it set up using nginx proxy manager so I can access it from outside via ssl. It's perfect, actually. If it weren't for the missing search function in the basic edition. Unfortunately this is only available in the pro edition.

Now to my question, how can I install the seafile pro edition in unraid?

thank you all
greg

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2020 at 4:23 AM, Bandit_King said:

this program sucks i am trying to find an alterative to nextcloud but that is too hard to setup.  This program I set up the email and password and it is telling me it is wrong and there is no results on google on how to fix it!!!

On 6/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, cmer said:

You might want to switch to the official Docker image. I no longer use or update this one.

This is the one I use now: 

docker.seadrive.org/seafileltd/seafile-pro:latest

You can read more about it here.