Jump to content
cmer

[Support] cmer - Seafile

108 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, cmer said:

Can you post the logs?

Hi,

 

thank you for quick answer. I did some attempts.

 

Installing a fresh installation of Seafile 6.2.3 was OK with the posted nginx configuration suddenly worked. I could down- and upload files. So the problem is solved. Thank you.

Edited by hpaar

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I have a Seafile 6.1.2 installation with some data.

--------------

I tried to update to the newest version available by entering "latest" to the environment variable "Version".

But the update didn't run through. Here is the log from the startup procedure:

--------------

Generating download URL for:
VERSION: latest
ARCHITECTURE: x86-64
EDITION: Community
Installing Community Edition...
Downloading & Extracting https://download.seadrive.org/seafile-server_6.2.2_x86-64.tar.gz...
Done!
Using Community Edition...
Installation path: /opt/haiwen/seafile-server-6.2.2

Seahub is not running
Done.

seafile server not running yet
Done.

seafile server not running yet
Done.

failed to run "ccnet-server -t"
[11/20/17 20:04:13] ../common/session.c(132): using config file /opt/haiwen/conf/ccnet.conf
[11/20/17 20:04:13] ../common/ccnet-db.c(142): Error exec query CREATE UNIQUE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS reference_id_index on EmailUser (reference_id): sqlite3_exec failed: table EmailUser has no column named reference_id.

--------------

 

It seems the upgrade of the database hasn't take place. The problem is that the Docker App stops immediately after that message. Is there a way to upgrade the database manually? 

 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

 

Edited by hpaar

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Seafile upgrades the database automatically unfortunately... that's quite annoying. Maybe something I'll need to automate in a future version of this image.

 

You need to run `upgrade/upgrade_6.1_6.2.sh` I believe.

 

Docker-shell into the container while it's starting and apply it manually. I highly recommend this: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 20.11.2017 at 8:33 PM, cmer said:

I don't think Seafile upgrades the database automatically unfortunately... that's quite annoying. Maybe something I'll need to automate in a future version of this image.

 

You need to run `upgrade/upgrade_6.1_6.2.sh` I believe.

 

Docker-shell into the container while it's starting and apply it manually. I highly recommend this: 

 

 

 

Thank you.

 

I did manage to upgrade the database. It is quite difficult to achieve it in the amount of time the docker app starts up.

 

By entering in the docker-bash "/opt/haiwen/seafile-server-'version_number_as entered_in_version''/upgrade/upgrade_6.1_6.2.sh", I achieved it.

 

In my case I also had manually to enter Version "6.2.3" and not "latest" to receive the latest version.

 

As this procedure is clocked by the docker runtime, it would be great if the process of upgrading the database could be done during the "normal" upgrade process in the docker app.

 

Thank you again for your help and the effort to setup Seafile in Docker on unRAID.

 

 

 

 

Edited by hpaar

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

Garbage collector script requires that Seafile process is not running, but stopping Seafile terminates whole Docker containter. Is it possible to stop Seafile without killing whole container or maybe you can modify startup script to run garbage collector before starting Seafile?

 

 

Best regards,

Maciek

Share this post


Link to post
On 27.11.2017 at 6:02 PM, maciekb said:

Hi,

 

Garbage collector script requires that Seafile process is not running, but stopping Seafile terminates whole Docker containter. Is it possible to stop Seafile without killing whole container or maybe you can modify startup script to run garbage collector before starting Seafile?

 

 

Best regards,

Maciek

Hi,

 

I would not recommend a garbage collection at startup, as it takes quite a long time depending on the size of the library.

 

A possibility to run the script manually or at a specific time would be great.

 

My question would be how can I deactivate that the docker container stops after stopping the seafile-server service.

 

Any help is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, hpaar said:

 

Thank you.

 

I did manage to upgrade the database. It is quite difficult to achieve it in the amount of time the docker app starts up.

 

By entering in the docker-bash "/opt/haiwen/seafile-ser-'version_number_as entered_in_version''/upgrade/upgrade_6.1_6.2.sh", I achieved it.

 

In my case I also had manually to enter Version "6.2.3" and not "latest" to receive the latest version.

 

As this procedure is clocked by the docker runtime, it would be great if the process of upgrading the database could be done during the "normal" upgrade process in the docker app.

 

Thank you again for your help and the effort to setup Seafile in Docker on unRAID.

 

 

 

 

How did you upgrade the database??

 

I cannot seem to run the command fast enough....any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi!

 

I want to secure Seafile using Fail2Ban. How can I access the Seafile log file?

 

Regards from Hamburg/Germany,

JoergHH

Edited by JoergHH

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2017 at 2:06 AM, CHBMB said:

You've been editing default file, just create one called seafile like this.

 

 


server {
       listen         80;
       server_name    seafile.server.com;
       return         301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
}

server {
listen 443 ssl;
server_name seafile.server.com;

root /config/www;
index index.html index.htm index.php;

###SSL Certificates
ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;

###Diffie–Hellman key exchange ###
ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

###SSL Ciphers
ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';

###Extra Settings###
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

        ### Add HTTP Strict Transport Security ###
#add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubdomains";
#add_header Front-End-Https on;

client_max_body_size 0;

        location / {
                proxy_pass http://10.0.0.4:8000/;
        }

        location /seafhttp {
                rewrite ^/seafhttp(.*)$ $1 break;
                proxy_pass http://10.0.0.04:8082;
                client_max_body_size 0;
                proxy_connect_timeout  36000s;
                proxy_read_timeout  36000s;
                proxy_send_timeout  36000s;
                send_timeout  36000s;
                proxy_request_buffering off;
        }
}
 

 

 

You just need to configure the subdomain at your name provider.  And make sure the DNS is configured.

 

Thanks so much for this!

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, NoobSpy said:

 

Thanks so much for this!

 

 

I don't even remember doing it, but you're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

 

This is more of a presales question rather than a support question.  I want a backup sync solution that would copy files on the array to an unassigned device when inserted into the Unraid server.  I have only a little data (6TB) so a 6TB - 10TB hard drive would contain the backup.  I envision inserting the drive, mounting it, having Seafile copy all the required files, and then unmounting and removing the backup disk.  Would Seafile be a good choice for such a backup solution?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-03-25 at 6:34 PM, WuGing said:

That may well have been part of my problem. I uninstalled, then reinstalled without Pro, and also selected the Share from the get go, and all appears to be working now. May have been a problem with me installing and then changing the Data Path. Did notice in the log it saying it couldn't find a config file. 

 

Thanks!

 

This is not really what Seafile is for. It's probably a very bad fit for this use case.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

after installing Seafile successfully with the docker template of cmer, I'm facing some issues with the web interface.

I'm running the pro version. At first I installed the community edition, stopped my docker container and switched to the pro edition.

 

Now I can't open the preinstalled .doc file inside my browser (Tried with Firefox and Chrome) and get following error when clicking on it:

"Document convertion failed."

 

I looked up the Seafile wiki to solve this issue

They recommend to kill the service soffice with following command:

pkill -f soffice.bin

Sadly this didn't work for me. Does someone have a solution?

 

Edit: Solved the problem with following guide:

https://manual.seafile.com/deploy_pro/office_documents_preview.html

 

LibreOffice needs to be installed with following command, directly on the container:

docker exec -it <Seafile Container-Name> bash
apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-script-provider-python
Edited by Taramu

Share this post


Link to post

Hi cmer,

 

I wanted to point that the seafile-docker from haiwen, which I think is part of your docker image, has been updated.

 

This new version let’s you use docker command directly to run, stop and upgrade Seafile server. In other words, it works more natively with docker technology.

 

Here is more

https://forum.seafile.com/t/new-seafile-docker-is-ready/5856

 

Could you update your docker image? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
On 30.11.2017 at 1:51 PM, hpaar said:

Hi,

 

I would not recommend a garbage collection at startup, as it takes quite a long time depending on the size of the library.

 

A possibility to run the script manually or at a specific time would be great.

 

My question would be how can I deactivate that the docker container stops after stopping the seafile-server service.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

On 27.11.2017 at 6:02 PM, maciekb said:

Hi,

 

Garbage collector script requires that Seafile process is not running, but stopping Seafile terminates whole Docker containter. Is it possible to stop Seafile without killing whole container or maybe you can modify startup script to run garbage collector before starting Seafile?

 

 

Best regards,

Maciek

 

Any solution about the Garbage collector script?

My Seafile server has already consumed many GB, although there are no more files on it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JoergHH said:

 

 

Any solution about the Garbage collector script?

My Seafile server has already consumed many GB, although there are no more files on it.

 

Hi,

 

see my last post:

On 18.4.2018 at 9:25 AM, hpaar said:

Hi cmer,

 

I wanted to point that the seafile-docker from haiwen, which I think is part of your docker image, has been updated.

 

This new version let’s you use docker command directly to run, stop and upgrade Seafile server. In other words, it works more natively with docker technology.

 

Here is more

https://forum.seafile.com/t/new-seafile-docker-is-ready/5856

 

Could you update your docker image? Thank you.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, hpaar said:

Hi,

 

see my last post:

Well, your post doesn't answer my question. o.O

There is still no solution.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8.4.2018 at 4:44 AM, Taramu said:

Edit: Solved the problem with following guide:

https://manual.seafile.com/deploy_pro/office_documents_preview.html

 

LibreOffice needs to be installed with following command, directly on the container:


docker exec -it <Seafile Container-Name> bash
apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-script-provider-python

That doesn't work for me either:

root@178eb448cd85:/# apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-script-provider-python
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libreoffice
E: Unable to locate package libreoffice-script-provider-python
root@178eb448cd85:/#

Any other ideas?

Edited by JoergHH

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JoergHH said:

Well, your post doesn't answer my question. o.O

There is still no solution.

 

Hi,

 

Seafile has updated the official Seafile Docker Image on which cmer seafile docker image is based on. More info if you click on the link. It allows now to stop the service so that you can do garbage collection etc.

 

It would be kind if cmer could update his image.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, cmer said:

I’ll try to rebuild the image today. 

 

Thank you for wffort and support.

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, I don't think I'll tackle this job at the moment because it basically means starting from scratch. I thought I'd have to make small adjustments only, but the Seafile docker is greatly different from mine. It also does not support the Pro version. If anyone wants to take this over, that'd be great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2018 at 10:06 PM, cmer said:

Guys, I don't think I'll tackle this job at the moment because it basically means starting from scratch. I thought I'd have to make small adjustments only, but the Seafile docker is greatly different from mine. It also does not support the Pro version. If anyone wants to take this over, that'd be great.

 

I understand that you don't have time to create a complete new image, but it would be helpful if you could change the existing image so that we can stop the SeaFile Server service only without closing the entire Docking container.

Share this post


Link to post

I just started having an issue. It looks like I upgraded from 6.2.5 to 6.3.0 and now seahub won't start and the container shuts down. Here is the log:

 

[05/27/18 15:42:55] ../common/session.c(132): using config file /opt/haiwen/conf/ccnet.conf
Starting seafile server, please wait ...
Seafile server started

Done.

Starting seahub at port 8000 ...

Error: '/opt/haiwen/conf/gunicorn.conf' doesn't exist
[33mError:Seahub failed to start.[m
Please try to run "./seahub.sh start" again

I haven't changed any configs or anything, it just stopped working. Any way I can get this going again?

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/27/2018 at 9:50 PM, ncontorno said:

I just started having an issue. It looks like I upgraded from 6.2.5 to 6.3.0 and now seahub won't start and the container shuts down. Here is the log:

 


[05/27/18 15:42:55] ../common/session.c(132): using config file /opt/haiwen/conf/ccnet.conf
Starting seafile server, please wait ...
Seafile server started

Done.

Starting seahub at port 8000 ...

Error: '/opt/haiwen/conf/gunicorn.conf' doesn't exist
[33mError:Seahub failed to start.[m
Please try to run "./seahub.sh start" again

I haven't changed any configs or anything, it just stopped working. Any way I can get this going again? 

 

Please add a custom environment variable 'VERSION' and specify desired version.

 

 

Screenshot_20180616_210652.png

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.