Kernel Panic after Power Outage - Server Won't Boot - Please Help!

My server was moved because I'm having construction done and unfortunately wasn't attached to its UPS when the power went out tonight.

Upon reboot, I get this error:

"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)."

I can post a picture of the screen if more information is needed.

I tried running chkdsk on the drive, but it still won't boot.

From my reading, it appears as though I can recreate the flash drive, but what information should I pull from the old drive (which appears to be completely readable in my Windows box) so I don't lose things?

I'm worried about my docker apps and my drive configurations.

Thanks!

My server was moved because I'm having construction done and unfortunately wasn't attached to its UPS when the power went out tonight.

Upon reboot, I get this error:

"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)."

I can post a picture of the screen if more information is needed.

I tried running chkdsk on the drive, but it still won't boot.

From my reading, it appears as though I can recreate the flash drive, but what information should I pull from the old drive (which appears to be completely readable in my Windows box) so I don't lose things?

I'm worried about my docker apps and my drive configurations.

Thanks!

Everything in /config should be sufficient.  Depending upon what you were running, /extra and /packages.  But, simply downloading the software and extracting all the bz* files back onto the flash will also accomplish what you want to do.

A screenshot may be helpful, but it certainly sounds like the flash has corruption

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have this problem that arose during a preclear. AFAIK there was no power outage, and the preclear carried on but unraid was unresponsive. now it won't connect at all, and upon plugging into a monitor and rebooting, i've got the same error message. i've got a new flash drive coming in the post tomorrow but how can i duplicate across from the OG boot drive to my new one without losing anything and carrying on as if normal?