Download setup for Sabnzbd?

Synaptix

Noob unRAIDer here. I have a question about how I should go about setting up the downloads for Sab, especially since I'm using a cache drive.

Should I set up a user share folder named "downloads" that uses the cache drive and download all my files to it? I assume this will be conflicting since I'll be using the renamer in Sonarr and Couchpotato.

Or should I just set up a user share named "downloads", set it to "cache drive only", and let Sonarr and Couchpotato handle the renaming and moving the files to the array after the download completes?

Noob unRAIDer here. I have a question about how I should go about setting up the downloads for Sab, especially since I'm using a cache drive.

Should I set up a user share folder named "downloads" that uses the cache drive and download all my files to it? I assume this will be conflicting since I'll be using the renamer in Sonarr and Couchpotato.

Or should I just set up a user share named "downloads", set it to "cache drive only", and let Sonarr and Couchpotato handle the renaming and moving the files to the array after the download completes?

I don't see why you think that it would conflict...(since the two options you've stated are the same)

But you do generally set up a downloads share, setup Sab, Sonarr, and CP with the exact same mappings for it, and CP/Sonarr will properly find the downloads when sab is finished and then move them wherever you specify

I don't see why you think that it would conflict...(since the two options you've stated are the same)

But you do generally set up a downloads share, setup Sab, Sonarr, and CP with the exact same mappings for it, and CP/Sonarr will properly find the downloads when sab is finished and then move them wherever you specify

Do I set the "download" user shares to cache only since the renamer on Sonarr and CP will be doing the moving, and not the mover script?

Do I set the "download" user shares to cache only since the renamer on Sonarr and CP will be doing the moving, and not the mover script?

Myself, I set it to "prefer" so that in case of an absolutely huge file that may not fit on the cache drive the overflow will go to the array.

CP/Sonarr will probably be moving it to a Movies share or a TV share which you will set to be either use cache yes or no depending upon your preference.

Myself, I set it to "prefer" so that in case of an absolutely huge file that may not fit on the cache drive the overflow will go to the array.

CP/Sonarr will probably be moving it to a Movies share or a TV share which you will set to be either use cache yes or no depending upon your preference.

Wait, so I have to set the movie and TV shares to use cache as well? I thought they could be set to not use cache since the files will be moving from the "download" user share (stored on cache) to the array (where TV and movie user shares are).

Wait, so I have to set the movie and TV shares to use cache as well? I thought they could be set to not use cache since the files will be moving from the "download" user share (stored on cache) to the array (where TV and movie user shares are).

Any share can be set to use the cache or not (or only use it as in the case of downloads)

If say your movie share is set to use cache, the CP will move it from the downloads share (cache only/prefer) to the movie share, and the file will stay on the cache drive until mover comes along and moves it to the array.  Even with the file sitting on the cache drive (in the movie share), it is still part of the movie share and you can watch it from there...

Any share can be set to use the cache or not (or only use it as in the case of downloads)

If say your movie share is set to use cache, the CP will move it from the downloads share (cache only/prefer) to the movie share, and the file will stay on the cache drive until mover comes along and moves it to the array.  Even with the file sitting on the cache drive (in the movie share), it is still part of the movie share and you can watch it from there...

That's where I'm kinda confused. Let's say for example a cache is set to be used on a TV share at /tv, and I download a TV show to /download/completed (a cache only share), Sonarr will rename and move it from /download/completed to /tv. So you're saying that because cache is set to be used on /tv, Sonarr is really creating a /tv on the cache drive, and moving the file to there because cache is set on /tv? It just looks like it's moving it to the array but it's not?

That's where I'm kinda confused. Let's say for example a cache is set to be used on a TV share at /tv, and I download a TV show to /download/completed (a cache only share), Sonarr will rename and move it from /download/completed to /tv. So you're saying that because cache is set to be used on /tv, Sonarr is really creating a /tv on the cache drive, and moving the file to there because cache is set on /tv? It just looks like it's moving it to the array but it's not?

Correct  and your playback devices can't tell the difference either  you set a share to use the cache if you want faster writes to the share and if you're not worried about losing the file in the event you have a cache drive failure before the mover kicks in at 4am to actually move it to the parity protected array

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Correct  and your playback devices can't tell the difference either  you set a share to use the cache if you want faster writes to the share and if you're not worried about losing the file in the event you have a cache drive failure before the mover kicks in at 4am to actually move it to the parity protected array

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the help!