[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, CryoRig said:

@hot22shot@Taddeusz
its a known problem with how guac and libssh read some types of ssh keys
Good news its fixed but its not out yet
Guacamole Issues: 745 / 945 / 1504

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/349
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-745

Which means you have to buils a dev version of guac or wait for the next release...

Ok that explain a lot thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi there, when using guacamole to connect to ubuntu 22.04 using the native RDP connection, the cursor appears as a square with corrupt graphics. If I connect from a windows RDP client the cursor displays correctly. any ideas on how to fix this?

I've tried the following:

* initiating my session with XORG rather than Wayland - no difference in behaviour

* trying a non chromium browser - no difference in behaviour

* changing the machine type from Q35 to I440- no difference in behaviour

My guacamole container is up to date - with no errors showing in the logs and connects perfectly to other VMs/machines'. 

Edited by studentgrant
On 7/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, studentgrant said:

Hi there, when using guacamole to connect to ubuntu 22.04 using the native RDP connection, the cursor appears as a square with corrupt graphics. If I connect from a windows RDP client the cursor displays correctly. any ideas on how to fix this?

I've tried the following:

* initiating my session with XORG rather than Wayland - no difference in behaviour

* trying a non chromium browser - no difference in behaviour

* changing the machine type from Q35 to I440- no difference in behaviour

My guacamole container is up to date - with no errors showing in the logs and connects perfectly to other VMs/machines'. 

Im not sure. RDP with Linux has always been hit or miss for me.

Hi

I have the issue of not being able to log in into jasonbean/guacamole. Mariadb does not seem to run. In both the version pulled from Dockerhub and the one built from source (jason-bean/docker-guacamole.git). Running Docker Desktop 4.10.1 (82475) in Windows 10 WSL2.

The supervisord.log says:

2022-07-21 11:39:07,311 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2022-07-21 11:39:07,313 INFO supervisord started with pid 16
2022-07-21 11:39:08,317 INFO spawned: 'guacd' with pid 19
2022-07-21 11:39:08,329 INFO spawned: 'tomcat' with pid 20
2022-07-21 11:39:09,361 INFO success: guacd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2022-07-21 11:39:09,361 INFO success: tomcat entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Container shell, no sign of mariadb/mysql:

# ps axww
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    1 ?        Ss     0:00 /bin/tini -s -- /usr/bin/supervisord -n -c /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf
   16 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/supervisord -n -c /etc/supervisor/conf.d/supervisord.conf
   19 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/guacamole/sbin/guacd -b 0.0.0.0 -L info -f
   20 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /etc/firstrun/tomcat-wrapper.sh
   26 ?        Sl     0:25 /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/tomcat/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=0027 -Dignore.endorsed.dirs= -classpath /opt/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/var/lib/tomcat -Dcatalina.home=/opt/tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/tomcat/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
   70 pts/0    Ss     0:00 /bin/sh
   76 pts/0    S      0:00 bash
  119 pts/0    R+     0:00 ps axww

# service mysql status
[info] MariaDB is stopped..

Kind regards

bones

10 hours ago, Casadream_1 said:

why are we with version 1.4 of guac for unraid ?

There is a version that fixes ssh that it is possible to update or not ?

I am on vacation right now for my brother’s wedding. When I get back I will try and put out a beta version of 1.5. I believe they’ve addressed the ssh issue after the 1.4 release in January but I’d have to do testing to verify that.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:04 PM, CryoRig said:

@hot22shot@Taddeusz
its a known problem with how guac and libssh read some types of ssh keys
Good news its fixed but its not out yet
Guacamole Issues: 745 / 945 / 1504

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/349
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-745

Which means you have to buils a dev version of guac or wait for the next release...

I think I'm having a similar issue as @hot22shot, trying to access unRAID SSH through Guac. I can't seem to get the ssh key to work, even with using just the password instead of the SSH key, just doesn't work. Is this expected behavior? I'm rather new to the unRAID scene, and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and/or right.

1 hour ago, spacewulf said:

I think I'm having a similar issue as @hot22shot, trying to access unRAID SSH through Guac. I can't seem to get the ssh key to work, even with using just the password instead of the SSH key, just doesn't work. Is this expected behavior? I'm rather new to the unRAID scene, and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and/or right.

Unraid 6.10 updated the version of libssh that deprecated certain key types. Guacamole 1.4 still tries to use them. This should be fixed in the development version of Guacamole. When I get back from vacation I will try and produce an alpha version based on the latest code from GitHub.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, Taddeusz said:

Unraid 6.10 updated the version of libssh that deprecated certain key types. Guacamole 1.4 still tries to use them. This should be fixed in the development version of Guacamole. When I get back from vacation I will try and produce an alpha version based on the latest code from GitHub.

Alrighty, thank you for your work on this!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, daldridge said:

So it appears as though the template is missing OPT_OPENID, it can be added without an issue, but I was beating my head against the wall a little bit. 

Thank you for pointing this out. I've pushed a change to add that variable to both templates.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, spacewulf said:

I'm having difficulty logging into one of my VMs on my unRAID machine, it's a Windows 11 machine, and I believe it's because of the fact that I'm using a microsoft account to log into the machine. How do I go about adding this to RDP?

I discovered this the hard way. If you’re using a PIN number or other type of Windows Hello login. Disable that form of login, logout, then log back in with your Microsoft account’s password. After that you should be able to use RDP with your Microsoft account. You can reenable the alternative login method.

6 hours ago, Casadream_1 said:

Hello, Any news with ssh issue ? 

Sorry, no. I'm still trying to make time to get a pre-release set up. It's more involved since I'll have to build the server and it's now based on Alpine instead of Debian. The guacd server is the most important part of the ssh problem and currently the main builds just use their pre-built server from Docker Hub.

Honestly, i think you should wait till the actual release of 1.5

Just a few seconds ago someone commited a patch to try and mitigate a brute force vector... 

I dont think that 1.5 is "production" ready

Second, no clue if they are also going to rewrite the client container or not (alpine) 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, CryoRig said:

Honestly, i think you should wait till the actual release of 1.5

Just a few seconds ago someone commited a patch to try and mitigate a brute force vector... 

I dont think that 1.5 is "production" ready

Second, no clue if they are also going to rewrite the client container or not (alpine) 

Unfortunately for those who need the SSH fix I really agree with you. If they've already converted the server from Debian to Alpine they'll probably end up converting the client. I would hope so anyway as I believe Alpine uses a different type of binary executable. Guacamole 1.5.0 should come out in January if they follow their previous release history.