[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

3 hours ago, N47H4N said:

I tried without success, I also tried to setup a new account with another MFA tool (Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator & Microsoft Authenticator), they are not working..

Do you have any custom TOTP settings in your guacamole.properties file?

Hello

What can I say.

My version 1.5.1 that I just installed does not work with DUO.

Neither does the RC1 version. The only version that works well is 1.4.0-3

I use the base generated by the Guacamole container. Even removing absolutely everything, version 1.5 does not accept DUO.

I notice that DUO is accepted locally 192.168.x.x:Guacamole_port but as soon as the call is made by a subdomain with Nginx Proxy Manager, the message from Guacamole is: Connect with DUO > Next.

When I press Next the error message says: The code is not valid. Except that I didn't have the notched wheel that makes the animation to suggest to me the type of factor that I want to enter.

In 1.4.0-3 no problem.

Hi, 
Been happily using Guac for years now (thanks!!) but have noticed now with 1.5.1 that the sharing profile is no longer available.  As such I'm unable to 'share' a session via a URL with someone else.

I double checked it was enabled in the config for the WM, and then again for the user, but there is no 'Share' when bringing up the session preferences.

I'm sure this was working before!  The only thing related I can see is under Users;Shared Connection (MYSQL)   is locked and unable to be edited
I'm running the default image and image mysql DB.

Edited by isaw
clarity

Hey guys. I went all the way back to January 15 and didn’t come across users setting up their guacamole using cloudflare tunnels. Has anyone gotten this to work or is there a reference to set it up online. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

i have it setup but cannot connect using the url address. The Unraid has its own IP and the Container also has its own ip. I believe that’s the issue but wanted to see if there is a way to set it up with Unraid Ip 10.10.1.43 and guacamole container 10.10.1.3. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 3:35 AM, Taddeusz said:

Do you have any custom TOTP settings in your guacamole.properties file?

Nothing specific in my guacamole.properties file. I also tried to create a new container from 0, with a new config. OTP is not working.. 

Edited by N47H4N
2 hours ago, N47H4N said:

Nothing specific in my guacamole.properties file. I also tried to create a new container from 0, with a new config. OTP is not working.. 

I think it’s got to be a time or time zone problem. How does your server’s time compare to the time in your time zone? Do you have NTP set up on your server? Do you have the time zone set correctly on your server?

14 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I think it’s got to be a time or time zone problem. How does your server’s time compare to the time in your time zone? Do you have NTP set up on your server? Do you have the time zone set correctly on your server?

After stop/start the ntp service, it seems to be fixed. Weird because the server has reboot since the problem started. thx all for your help !

On 4/15/2023 at 2:16 AM, Zeroeth said:

@Taddeusz Hi! I have been getting these guacd segfaults in my Unraid Logs across my servers where I have this docker installed. It's the same on different Servers (different h/w and config).

Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: guacd[1284]: segfault at 10 ip 0000152bbe5d5d3d sp 0000152bbd951270 error 4 in libguac-client-rdp.so.0.0.0[152bbe5b6000+2b000]
Apr 15 02:02:09 R620 kernel: Code: b8 00 00 00 00 c9 c3 55 48 89 e5 48 83 ec 20 48 89 7d e8 48 8b 45 e8 48 8b 00 48 8b 40 10 48 89 45 f0 48 8b 45 f0 48 8b 40 20 <48> 8b 40 10 48 8b 55 e8 48 89 d6 48 89 c7 e8 c0 04 fe ff 48 8b 45

I just realized that these segfaults happen everytime I logoff or disconnect the windows remote session (through windows). Doesn't happen if I disconnect, logoff or close the browser window directly.

Is this normal? Please advise.

This seems to have been taken care of in 1.5.2. :)

image.png.be6fcdfd8de325697981bb37300750b7.png

Edited by Zeroeth
8 minutes ago, gdeyoung said:

I'm trying to revert to the previous version to fix the DB bug.  I looked in your repo and you don't have a tag to load the previous or by version number that I can see.  How do I revert the docker image?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every version has its own separate image tagged with the version number. Updates to a version are additionally tagged with a dash followed by a number indicating which update. They are there.

The last 1.4.0 version is tagged 1.4.0-3 or 1.4.0-3-nomariadb depending on which version you want.

I'm facing issues with the latest image on Docker Desktop for windows (which runs on WSL2 and uses the Ubuntu distro). It seems like the last layers that would install MariaDB do not run (still a docker noob). The Guacamole website goes online however it gives a logon failure. This is also the only image I'm running. Here's a bunch of screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/g4Ajidp

It seems like it stops where the nomariadb image would stop. What might be the cause of this?

Edited by brolifen
42 minutes ago, brolifen said:

I'm facing issues with the latest image on Docker Desktop for windows (which runs on WSL2 and uses the Ubuntu distro). It seems like the last layers that would install MariaDB do not run (still a docker noob). The Guacamole website goes online however it gives a logon failure. This is also the only image I'm running. Here's a bunch of screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/g4Ajidp

It seems like it stops where the nomariadb image would stop. What might be the cause of this?

I'm not sure what would cause this. It does appear to be pulling the wrong image. The only thing I could suggest is to delete the image locally and redownload it.

Not saying it can't run from Windows or any other OS but this container was designed to run on Linux. Specifically Unraid. You probably need to set the PUID and PGID variables to match the user you are expecting to run under. The 99 and 100 are specific to "nobody:users" on Unraid.

56 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I'm not sure what would cause this. It does appear to be pulling the wrong image. The only thing I could suggest is to delete the image locally and redownload it.

Not saying it can't run from Windows or any other OS but this container was designed to run on Linux. Specifically Unraid. You probably need to set the PUID and PGID variables to match the user you are expecting to run under. The 99 and 100 are specific to "nobody:users" on Unraid.

I see its using apk to install mariadb. Isn't apk the package manager for Alpine? I'm using an Ubuntu distro. Might that be the issue?

29 minutes ago, brolifen said:

I see its using apk to install mariadb. Isn't apk the package manager for Alpine? I'm using an Ubuntu distro. Might that be the issue?

Yes, it’s running an Alpine base but that should not be the issue. Because the logs show that it’s not at all attempting to run MariaDB it appears to have pulled the wrong image or an incomplete image. I personally tested the “latest” image in Docker Hub again and it runs MariaDB as expected.

1 hour ago, brolifen said:

Pulled it straight from Docker hub. Meanwhile also changed the WSL2 to the Alpine distro but this shows the same behavior. 

Have you updated WSL? Run “wsl -update” from an admin prompt. The distro shouldn’t matter. Each container has its own kernel. I can’t explain why it’s not pulling the whole image. I do know the image on Docker Hub works and is complete.

Edited by Taddeusz
2 minutes ago, patm95 said:

I have been using Guacamole now for awhile and it’s been great. However recently it’s hit or miss if I can log in with 2FA. It’s been getting worse and usually fails. Any idea as to what’s going on?

The most likely cause is that the time on your server is off so make sure the time on your server is properly synced frequently with a time server.

3 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

The most likely cause is that the time on your server is off so make sure the time on your server is properly synced frequently with a time server.

I am using the default NTP server.  Is there something I can do to make it sync more frequently? 

2 hours ago, patm95 said:

I am using the default NTP server.  Is there something I can do to make it sync more frequently? 

Not that I'm personally aware of. You also want to make sure the clocks on your client devices also have the correct time.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:02 PM, Taddeusz said:

Not that I'm personally aware of. You also want to make sure the clocks on your client devices also have the correct time.

I rebooted the server and that must have synced things up.  Running fine now.  Thank you!

Hey Taddeusz - first off I wanted to say how much I appreciate you maintaining this Docker image for Unraid.  It's been a big help!

I am running 1.5.2 and having a snag - it looks like mariadb just starts and stops nonstop.  I did experience the issue with 1.5.0 and downgraded as necessary and then moved my install back to the current release.  I know it worked successfully since then, but today when trying it (first time in several weeks, FWIW), I can't log in. 

Here are my logs.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

mariadb logs.jpg